• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Beelzebub

Does anyone know how it is possible I killed a Gobul with one swing of a GS? It was during a HR6 ADV(3 monsters) when he spawned? it blew my mind

MaSaiyajin said:
Does anyone know how it is possible I killed a Gobul with one swing of a GS? It was during a HR6 ADV(3 monsters) when he spawned? it blew my mind
Oh there he is. 1 monster left. What?!. That was strange. Lol. Good hunts.

Wehrwolf

Has anyone actually had anything new from Granny's shop since the yesterday's update? Downloaded the update for her, did about 20 quests, checking her after each quest, and still nothing new.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Has anyone actually had anything new from Granny's shop since the yesterday's update? Downloaded the update for her, did about 20 quests, checking her after each quest, and still nothing new.

I was about to check the DLC to get the update, and then my Wii U decided to update...

Wehrwolf

Okay, Granny finally sold me her new stuff... And I've just spent about 2 million z. 400,000 or so on Kelbi Horns, a bunch of Armor stones, and then over a million spent upgrading my armors with all the Tru Armor Sphere I got combining those Armor Stones with all the Meldspar Ores I had in reserve waiting for this moment.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, almost down to 9 minutes for solo dual swords run on stiggy zin, just need to not get hit at all and get a little lucky with his AI, then maybe I can shave it down to 8
zxJWAKd.jpg

I3qljdS.jpg

Chuckpebble

Man, what a roller coaster ride. Totally pushed my luck with my 3DS battery at work, where I have no charger. Got to Zinogre on "Lurkers in the Woods" and the red light went from steady to flashing. Finished the quest and the thing died during the carve minute.
Welp, went back at it again this morning and the desire sensor did me a solid. 3 Zinogre Jaspers in the rewards. I think the ration / megapotion carves took a lot of the sting out of the 'practice run'.

explodet

I took down a ton of Uragaans last night trying to find one stinking ruby. Ended up soloing the tiny Uragaan event quest over and over.

Finally got one after 6 tries! Seeing the little punk in a gigantic pit trap sleeping almost made the grind worthwhile.

Almost.

I took down a ton of Uragaans last night trying to find one stinking ruby. Ended up soloing the tiny Uragaan event quest over and over.

Finally got one after 6 tries! Seeing the little punk in a gigantic pit trap sleeping almost made the grind worthwhile.

Almost.

Jeez, you're lucky.

I machine gunned steel uragaan about 20-25 times in a row saturday to get his gem

explodet

Said it before, said it again.
Steel Uragaan can go die in the stinky hole he crawled out of.

On another note, I'm glad all that Meldspar Ore is not going to go to waste.
I'm wondering if Granny will discount the new item she's got anytime soon, or if it'll remain full price.
Grabbed a bunch of Armor stones anyway.

I´m not so advance like you guys, but yesterday I was playing all day. Still rank 5 on history and 3 on multi.

What armor do you recommend to capture a lagiacrus? My Rathian armor suffers with it.

I´m not so advance like you guys, but yesterday I was playing all day. Still rank 5 on history and 3 on multi.

What armor do you recommend to capture a lagiacrus? My Rathian armor suffers with it.

Anything with good lightning defense I would think. I find him to be more about knowledge of his attack sets rather than what armor you are using, especially in HR missions

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I mean which of those two is the better Water HBG, not the better armor set for Water HBG. Can't decide. :S
I would definitely suggest the G.agnak one

A small attack power increase goes a long way on HBG compared to melee weapons

Plus the G.agnak one has much faster reloading, higher capacity for pierce, your main source of damage after element, and can load ice as well, which almost everything weak to water is somewhat weak to

The crouch fire normal 3 on the nibelsnarf would be really good for elder dragons, but I'm assuming this is just a general use hbg and it gets outclassed by a lot of other hbg with normal 3 crouch fire later on

Haunted

Woo, almost down to 9 minutes for solo dual swords run on stiggy zin, just need to not get hit at all and get a little lucky with his AI, then maybe I can shave it down to 8
Won't the varying size of the monster make a big difference when you do these runs on a regular quest?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Won't the varying size of the monster make a big difference when you do these runs on a regular quest?
Luckily size doesn't vary enough for it to make too much of a difference. The only thing I ever had problems with is sometimes whiffing upswings aimed at a large one's head with the gunlance but it's easy to make adjustments. Dual swords can reach everywhere that I need to ( ´∀`)b

As for health, size doesn't affect it, so the runs are still pretty consistent

Haunted

Luckily size doesn't vary enough for it to make too much of a difference. The only thing I ever had problems with is sometimes whiffing upswings aimed at a large one's head with the gunlance but it's easy to make adjustments. Dual swords can reach everywhere that I need to ( ´∀`)b

As for health, size doesn't affect it, so the runs are still pretty consistent
Oh really? I didn't know that.

I always just assumed smaller monsters had less health and that's what skills like Felyne Weakener are for, increasing the chance to have the monster be a small one. >_>

(Event quest monsters being exempt from that rule)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ya, monsters get RNG'd a health value out of a pool specifically for that monster. The variance is really small, a couple of percent I believe. I think felyne weakener gives you a higher chance of getting a value from the lower end of the pool.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Good news! I have no work today!

I finally got my Japanese visa, so I'm going to be moving to Japan soon, but this also means that work is kinda winding down on this side so they can front load work when I actually arrive in the office.

So! That means for the next few days I will probably be free to play! Which means I'll be playing at more reasonable hours (at least for a short time), and I'm going to make a push to finish HR6 and 7.

Who wants to do some HR6 key quests this afternoon? :D

Kuntz

Been a while since I last played because I'm waiting for a HDD to fully enjoy my Wii U.

I'll probably be back this weekend so I'l stay in touch over here, my bowgun must be rustydusty...

For some reason I just hate fighting Lagiacrus. Even more so than the Ivory version. I need to get his horn + but he keeps giving me regular horns.

:-/

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuck poison. Fuck it fuck it fuck it. Fuck it so hard. Why is there no meal you can eat that gives you poison resistance or poison immunity?

thetrin

Wroggi S hear also gives you poison resist, if you don't mind changing gear for poison monsters.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
There's a dance combo that gives them antidote, which cures poison. You need to do a rare trade for it though.

Oh, well, fuck that then. Its no good to me if forty five seconds after I get poisoned and I've taken a third of my health in damage I finally pop an antidote only for them to do the curing dance a whole two seconds after I do

taybul

I have a really good negate poison charm and I find it so worth it on some fights. It trivializes fights like Lucent Narga, Giggi, and Wroggi. If you can't get it, popping antidote, then Tanzia Chips, then potions would be your next best approach.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have a really good negate poison charm and I find it so worth it on some fights. It trivializes fights like Lucent Narga, Giggi, and Wroggi. If you can't get it, popping antidote, then Tanzia Chips, then potions would be your next best approach.

I am wondering, but what do Tanzia Chips do?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fully restores any red portion of your health bar. Super sexy. Too bad you can only carry 5.

Wow, that's damn useful. I'll have to start carrying them. My little dudes do that on occasion and I love it, I couldn't even imagine doing it myself until now.

Andrin

Anyone up for some G-rank quests?

Made a room in 3/9, usual GAF password.

EDIT:Remade the room. Try again and see if it works now.

Top Bottom