• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looking for one more for G-Rank 6 star questing. You know you want to.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thank you Haunted, Beats and Setveen! You guys are some MLG level shit.

Fewr

Guys, thanks for taking me through GoldBeard. I'm so bad at underwater fights that I felt I was just a cameraman in the fight lol.

I'm glad my super volvidon armor helped me throughout all of High Rank. I think I will begin GRank with an easy armor (Wroggi) then look for something with focus as was suggested.

EDIT: Also, during that Gigginox fight I was amazed at the amount of damage I was taking with only one hit, so I decided to get in and hit during easy bits. In that fight I felt like Snarf from the Thundercats just doing stuff from afar lol.

Any rooms open? I really need helping with HR5....
If/when I get from work early I'll look for you in this thread. I'd love to lend a hand with 5* quests. I'm off to bed right now though.

I think after solo farming a few more G-rank gears, I think I'll diversify into another weapon. Been using hammer since MHF2...and still not bored of it.

Haunted

Fantastic night of hunts with Fer, thetrin, Beats, Setveen, Khory and Jason.

Cracked HR 100 and we tackled pretty much every quest with ease. Monster Hunter GAF is just the best.

Thank you Haunted, Beats and Setveen! You guys are some MLG level shit.
<3

Abandond

Oh yeah, totally.

Sniff.

Dire gear looks so silly on females, both BM and Gun.

I always found female in full armor pretty bad ass and I just assumed that MH3 wouldn't actually show skin but yeah.. wrong. :[

Not that showing skin is a bad thing but I don't find it fitting at all.

I just saw Dire and I am now even more sad.

I'm about to reroll. Wow.

thetrin

I really need to go to bed.
Shit, this isn't what I want to hear. I was just about to play some more!

I'm always going with female character in MH. If I'm gonna spend 100+ hours on the game...I'd rather be watching a girl's butt.

Why are you looking at your character's butt? That's kinda weird. Does everything you look at have to be sexualized for you to enjoy it?

I might try hunting horn. All the buffs are god damn awesome. I love buffing.

So how do you guys go about switching to new weapon? Just make a nice G-rank weapon and start from High Rank? Or make a low rank weapon and start from low rank?

thetrin

Just opened a room (no pass) to do the Songbirds quest. Anyone is welcome.

Seik

Banned
Ok, so now I'm done with 1-star, 2-stars and I'm mid 3 stars. I finally chose dual blades, because...dual blades are fucking awesome.

Online coming soon I guess. :D

thetrin

Ok, so now I'm done with 1-star, 2-stars and I'm mid 3 stars. I finally chose dual blades, because...dual blades are fucking awesome.

Online coming soon I guess. :D

Just keep in mind that the star rating for village quests doesn't translate directly to the star rating for online quests. You might be surprised how things change in Port Tanzia.

Solune

I think I'm the only Hunting Horn user online.

I actually used Hunting Horn for the second time in MH a week ago(First time in MHFU didn't know what the fuck i was doing). I think it's my favorite weapon when hunting with a group where someone else besides me actually cuts tails so I can just go ham with it.

Deband

I need some advice. I've been playing for about a week, just offline. I wanna try online stuff but I have no idea really what I am doing. Will people be nasty if I just join random rooms?

Fewr

I need some advice. I've been playing for about a week, just offline. I wanna try online stuff but I have no idea really what I am doing. Will people be nasty if I just join random rooms?
What rank are you in single player? If you have beaten lagiacrus then I'd say you're ready for pretty much anything in online, just make sure you know what to bring (e.g. hot / cold drinks, potions, etc).

People are nice to strangers most of the time, and very competent too. I have had terrible days when I just can't fight well and the most that has happened is that the leader of the room disbands and so I'm left searching for a new room.

Finally, if you play with gaffers you'll have a fantastic time because they are all very patient and helpful. Post here if you're planning to go online and see if there's anyone willing to join.

EDIT: I'll post here if I come home early tonight and I could take you through a couple of quests. (I'm at central time GMT-6, and I get home at around 20.30-21.00hrs).

Deband

Thanks for the reply. I'm on the 3 star quests offline, just killed a Royal Ludroth. I'll keep at it til I reach the sea monster thing.

CPCunha

What rank are you in single player? If you have beaten lagiacrus then I'd say you're ready for pretty much anything in online, just make sure you know what to bring (e.g. hot / cold drinks, potions, etc).

People are nice to strangers most of the time, and very competent too. I have had terrible days when I just can't fight well and the most that has happened is that the leader of the room disbands and so I'm left searching for a new room.

Finally, if you play with gaffers you'll have a fantastic time because they are all very patient and helpful. Post here if you're planning to go online and see if there's anyone willing to join.

EDIT: I'll post here if I come home early tonight and I could take you through a couple of quests. (I'm at central time GMT-6, and I get home at around 20.30-21.00hrs).

We might have our first hunt as a team today Fewr... fingers crossed.

taybul

They really need to implement some way to replace your companions with miniature monsters from the game. I'd love to have mini Uragaan or a bouncing Stygian Zinogre pup following me around.

thetrin

They really need to implement some way to replace your companions with miniature monsters from the game. I'd love to have mini Uragaan or a bouncing Stygian Zinogre pup following me around.

That would actually be really really cool. I'd go for a Zinogre pup and a baby Lagombi. Bunnies and puppies! :3

I am reminded of this:

monster_hunter___zinogre_cub__a__by_nzwolf-d4u3k74.jpg
monster_hunter___zinogre_cub__b__by_nzwolf-d4u3ked.jpg

thetrin

Alright, so I'm looking into forging some G Rank armor, finally. What's a good armor set for dual blade users? I'm HR7 atm, so that should give some insight into what monsters I have access to atm.

Haunted

bisonyes.gif

Alright, so I'm looking into forging some G Rank armor, finally. What's a good armor set for dual blade users? I'm HR7 atm, so that should give some insight into what monsters I have access to atm.
Hm, good skills for Dual Blades are Sharpness and Focus and anything with Stamina Recovery, so something like Helios or Lagi or Lagombi could be nice.

But everyone and their mother uses Helios, so don't do that. Really though, any armour of a monster you can kill without much problems makes a nice starter set, you can easily solo some Jaggi or Wroggi or Volvidon G-rank quests.

thetrin

bisonyes.gif

Hm, good skills for Dual Blades are Sharpness and Focus and anything with Stamina Recovery, so something like Helios or Lagi or Lagombi could be nice.

But everyone and their mother uses Helios, so don't do that. Really though, any armour of a monster you can kill without much problems makes a nice starter set, you can easily solo some Jaggi or Wroggi or Volvidon G-rank quests.

Yeah. My Zinogre set is up to 500 def, and it served me well, but it's really starting to hit its upper limit.

I'm going to look into the Volvidon set. It seems like a good G Rank starter set (with evasion +1!)

thetrin

I just opened a room to do the Songbirds event quest. Anyone who wants the sparkly fragments for the mask, come join me.

EDIT: Done for now. Haunted is opening a room.

OH GOD IT'S PEEKING OUT OF MY STORAGE

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Any tips for Diablos? I find that when I get in close to dish out damage the hitboxes on his tail and head are slightly oversized so its impossible for me to dodge out of the way and avoid being hit, and its pissing me off

Top Bottom