• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

taybul

Alright, so I'm looking into forging some G Rank armor, finally. What's a good armor set for dual blade users? I'm HR7 atm, so that should give some insight into what monsters I have access to atm.

Either Narga Z or S.Zin sets are good. Both offer Evasion+ and focus. Narga has stam recovery up and S.Zin has peak performance.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Any tips for Diablos? I find that when I get in close to dish out damage the hitboxes on his tail and head are slightly oversized so its impossible for me to dodge out of the way and avoid being hit, and its pissing me off

Have you been standing between him and a wall? I like to trick him into charging into one and getting his horns stuck. Also approach him from the side. If you time it right you can get by the tip of the tail and bury yourself into his legs for a few hits.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Holy shit, just did an amazing Dire Miralis run with Khory, Defunkled and Haunted. I brought down the team the first time by carting three times, but the second run was perfect. Thanks for all the fun, guys! I'll be on later tonight.

Either Narga Z or S.Zin sets are good. Both offer Evasion+ and focus. Narga has stam recovery up and S.Zin has peak performance.

Thanks for the input. I'll definitely look into both.

Any tips for Diablos? I find that when I get in close to dish out damage the hitboxes on his tail and head are slightly oversized so its impossible for me to dodge out of the way and avoid being hit, and its pissing me off

A few points for Diablos: -

1. Sonic bombs will make him come out from the ground if he's burrowed. (sonics are useless when he's raged)
2. You can stand right under his belly and attack when he's doing tail spin.
3. He's nuts when he's raged. Look for a wall that he can get stuck to when he charges. Else, there's very little opening when he's raged.
4. You can super pound his head with hammer during his charge and roll through him if you have evasion +1. (and probably with other weapon as well if you time it right).

Is the Alatreon quest supposed to pop up any minute now? Ill be hosting a new gaf room once it comes up for download, freec9 usual pass

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm going to be hopping on in a bit to do more HR7 keys, if anyone is up for helping.

Ken

Can someone remind me how Elemental damage is calculated again? For example, when looking at the elemental chart in the Black Diablos wiki page, do those numbers represent the percentage of the elemental value that gets added to my base attack stat?

I'm trying to decide between one strong weapon, and one weaker weapon with ICE elemental dmg.

there's a damage formula for tri.

([ATP x TYPE x SHARP x HITZONE x VAR] / [CLASS])

+

([ELEMENT x ESHARP x ELMZONE] / [DIVIDER]) = Total Damage [X DEFENSE]

dunno how it's changed for 3u

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/943655-monster-hunter-tri/faqs/59207

Ken

I remember reading somewhere that they buffed up elementals to make them more viable or something but I don't have anything to back this up.

HYPE!:
jb0VNV8QtM9uAB.png

Had a very productive weekend. Finished my Helios set so i could finally rock some G-rank armor (Helios X waist). Fully upgraded the worn great sword I had. Fully upgraded my Brachy gunlance after finding my pallium. Farmed Steel Uragaan for his armor, which only took about 8 runs total.

Looking to make S Zinogre armor next, followed by Lagiacrus. Need to find another 200 earth crystals as the game was nice enough to give me my worn gunlance.

Pretty excited about that last bit.

Fewr

Argh! Super disappointed @ G Rank Volvidon armor. I`ve still got my Evasion+2, but I no longer have AttackUp L, instead it's Dungmaster or something like that.

Anyone know if there is any Fencing or FreeElent decoration, or must I now hope to get lucky and mine a talisman?

Argh! Super disappointed @ G Rank Volvidon armor. I`ve still got my Evasion+2, but I no longer have AttackUp L, instead it's Dungmaster or something like that.

Anyone know if there is any Fencing or FreeElent decoration, or must I now hope to get lucky and mine a talisman?

You're probably going to have to mine for some decent charms.

CPCunha

Closing room now. Ill try to open it tomorrow same time.

Can't believe i missed the hunts yesterday...argh sometimes i hate IRL stuff. Anyways, i got up in the morning and said "screw it...g-rank it is" so i went and beat Goldilocks Caedeus. I hope you need some HR6 materials Fewr, cus we're doing this.

taybul

Am I the only one kinda pissed off at this Abyssal Lagi exploit (someone else can explain)? Almost every room you find will only allow gunners and I could imagine that people joining your room would use it themselves. I hope they fixed this.

Oh, I just checked: beating Alatreon in Tanzia does unlock Hallowed Jhen for HR8 and up!

Yay!

thetrin

For the Narga Z gear, can I get everything from Green Narga, or do I need to fight Lucent as well?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Finally got around to wrapping up single player with Mark of a Hero and Alatreon. Alatreon was definitely the tougher fight for my poor hammer. Flash Bombs being nerfed on him and the frequency in which he loves to fly around and waste time made it more of an endurance test than anything else.

thetrin

I'm pretty sure the rarest item in the set is the mantle. The moonshard's needed for fully upgraded narga weapons.
Do both Lucent and Green drop the mantle? I'm happy to farm Green endlessly if they both drop it, but Lucent's rate is higher. I'm just not geared for Lucent atm.

Top Bottom