• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Chuckpebble

When do you get the Cha Cha character to help you? I've seen other versions of them around the map and some of them steal stuff, one of the gits took my map! :D

When the cats steal from you, you can recover your items at their camps in various locations around the map. You'll know you're at the right spot when you see a yellow '?' and it says "I wonder if I can find anything here."

Each of these locations has this stone or something with a pawprint on it. Its their stash. The easiest one to locate is in the tundra. Its along the right side of area 1 as you enter the area from base camp.

Dragoshi1

Completed my Nargacuga armor.

Hello Evade +2 and Evade Extender. Sneak is nice to have too. Gemmed so I don't have Stamina down.

Seriously, I feel INVINCIBLE, rolling and dodging through Monster roars and through lasers, hip checks, ect. Plus I can chase down limping monsters easier.

Helps that I use the Narga SA too.

So I was done with Lucent Narga farming and upgraded my hammer to Midnight Aeternum....then I check Cha-cha..and what do I see??

A fucking Narga Mantle! Woot..thanks Cha-cha. Mock Melynx rawks!

What's the best armor for Volcano runs?

Hello Evade +2 and Evade Extender. Sneak is nice to have too. Gemmed so I don't have Stamina down.

Seriously, I feel INVINCIBLE, rolling and dodging through Monster roars and through lasers, hip checks, ect. Plus I can chase down limping monsters easier.

i can't stand that rat tail

it's so bad!

Chuckpebble

Yes. I killed 8 nargacugas to get the full armor set and gunlance. I have a hunger plus 10 charm on top of what you've gemmed. It's amazing. I didn't like the look of it at first because of the fishnet chest area on the male set, but uh, its really grown on me.

I decided I would use this set for Mark of the Hero, but gave in to the DESIRE to get one more Narga Medulla to upgrade my Hidden Gunlance once. I've killed 7 more and nary a medulla.
:(

it's so bad!
In the Power Glove sense of the phrase.

Yes. I killed 8 nargacugas to get the full armor set and gunlance. I have a hunger plus 10 charm on top of what you've gemmed. It's amazing. I didn't like the look of it at first because of the fishnet chest area on the male set, but uh, its really grown on me.

I decided I would use this set for Mark of the Hero, but gave in to the DESIRE to get one more Narga Medulla to upgrade my Hidden Gunlance once. I've killed 7 more and nary a medulla.
:(

In the Power Glove sense of the phrase.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say this...

but i will say you get a complete crap-load of narga medullas in G rank

Chuckpebble

Last tweet I could find regarding a thread. Not sure what he means, but following him on twitter is probably best.
Cheesemeister ‏@Cheesemeister3k 27 May
#NintendoDirectJP scheduled for 5/31 at 8 pm Japan Time, covering #MonsterHunter4 and Ace Attorney 5 #3DS. The #NeoGAF thread will wait.

Oh, and here's a countdown he posted in a later tweet:

http://t.co/ZafxWZYFLa

Hey guys, I just started this game on the WiiU.

Anyone want to show me the ropes?

I'm sure I could walk you through a bunch of it, but I'm currently at work. I would try to make it through the BS gathering quests ASAP. Go on the Monster Hunter Wiki site and look up the "village key quests". That will tell you what quests you need to complete to progress to higher rankings.

explodet

What's the best armor for Volcano runs?
I just used HR Leather for the gathering skills, until I found a talisman with +4 Charmer or more, then put on the appropriate Arzuros X armor pieces until I got +10 Charmer. Then I gemmed in Gatherer/Speed Gathering. Whim isn't too important, mega pickaxes are cheap enough.

It's not like you'll be using the armor for fighting anything major, biggest hits will be the uroktors and melynxes. Oh, and the heat damage itself of course.

TriAceJP

I'm sure I could walk you through a bunch of it, but I'm currently at work. I would try to make it through the BS gathering quests ASAP. Go on the Monster Hunter Wiki site and look up the "village key quests". That will tell you what quests you need to complete to progress to higher rankings.

That is what I am doing currently. I watched a few beginner's guides to see what I am supposed to be doing. I am trying to get all of the starter stuff out of the way.

Let me know if you want to play later. It is a social game after all :D

That is what I am doing currently. I watched a few beginner's guides to see what I am supposed to be doing. I am trying to get all of the starter stuff out of the way.

I'm on from about 8 EST till midnight - 2 AM

Qurupeke

5dyWk4B.jpg

Giggis are real....So is Gigginox. Btw, trying to make Giggi g rank armor. Poison is really annoying...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thinking of trying a green narga g rank farm again tonight, if anyone wants to join. We weren't that successful in getting 4 people last night.

My advice would be to get through the first 2 tiers of village quests before hopping online (ie. fight your first Great Jaggi). Knowing what to do on your own will help the group immensely.

Also, try out all the weapons before you make a decision on what to use. You might be surprised what you find. Iirc, you start with starter versions of every single weapon, so it's a good chance to get acquainted with each weapon class.

Stole is kinda harsh but I don't deny it. So, that's the link:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=570141

There's an Anteka and Kelbi with sharp teeth too.

So, which is the best way to break Alatreon's horns? Don't tell me to use a weapon except Long Sword though. :-/

If you're using longsword, the best way to get a skypiercer, is wait for g rank alatreon and carve one off him, you really wont be able to break both horns without a full party of sleepbombing kelbi bow people, and even then it will be really tough

Qurupeke

If you're using longsword, the best way to get a skypiercer, is wait for g rank alatreon and carve one off him, you really wont be able to break both horns without a full party of sleepbombing kelbi bow people, and even then it will be really tough
Meh I thought so... I think I need to learn to use a bow...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, I'm using Dios Slicers, and have been since HR. What's a good dual blade to go with for G Rank? I'm tempted to hunt for brachy gems for the Dios Slicers+, but if there's another option, I'm open to it as well. I just like how versatile slime is.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm using Dios Slicers, and have been since HR. What's a good dual blade to go with for G Rank? I'm tempted to hunt for brachy gems for the Dios Slicers+, but if there's another option, I'm open to it as well. I just like how versatile slime is.
Very versatile, you can slime your way to endgame if you want if you keep upgrading them. The biggest strength in DS is in elements though, so to get the most out of them you'll have to make various pairs for different situations

Evasion. Always evasion.

Thanks! Went charm hunting and found an Earplugs +5 charm so now I have HGE, KO King, Stamina Thief and Evasion +1.

Now all I need to do is practice with the hammer and get a better one. Brachy hammer will be hard to get without a cut weapon and I don't know if I trust my GS skills enough for it :(

Thanks! Went charm hunting and found an Earplugs +5 charm so now I have HGE, KO King, Stamina Thief and Evasion +1.

Now all I need to do is practice with the hammer and get a better one. Brachy hammer will be hard to get without a cut weapon and I don't know if I trust my GS skills enough for it :(
GSing the tail off is easy. Just wait for the "committal" moves he makes.

Narras

So, which is the best way to break Alatreon's horns? Don't tell me to use a weapon except Long Sword though. :-/

Unless you're gunning Alatreon or something, I will recommend a hammer to break his horns. Alatreon gives a lot of openings to super pound his head with a hammer like whenever he turns (hopefully towards you) after he charges. Using bombs whenever he's down also helps.

Arveene

Neo Member

Assuming you're doing the village HR version, it's easy.

Slot Bombardier into your armor. Bring 2x LBB+ and mats for 10 more (10x Large barrel, 10x Gunpowder, 10x Scatterfish). Each time you hit him with the binder, bomb his head. Get him stuck into the walls and bomb his head. That should easily break his horns.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
MH3U did quite well didn't it? Can't see it not coming over. Personally I'm going to wait for the G version before jumping into gen 4 though.

I'm with you. MH without G-rank just ain't cutting it. I was playing MHP3 a while back, got to High Rank...then I was like...wait WHAT? where's the G RANK!?

Did about 2 hours of Volcano runs while watching TV.....found 1 worn SnS. Where's my hammer, damnit!

Fewr

I have a new goal in life.

Hey guys, I just started this game on the WiiU.

Anyone want to show me the ropes?
Read about charm tables, cursed tables and all that before you continue. I think it's best if you're aware of this right now since it won't be much pain to start again in case you want to do it.

Don't use Sneak when playing with others though. It's very unbecoming.

thetrin

In MH3 I remember Sneak/Taunt were almost ineffective (you couldn't really tell the aggro difference). Did they change this in MH3U?

I've definitely noticed it's far more pronounced.

Anyone up for some G Rank Green Narga farming?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I look forward to it, good luck ( ・ ー・ )

I lost all interest in fighting lucent narga after farming it so much. Stygian zinogre is pretty much my go to guy for the rest of my time with this game I think

Wehrwolf

You lost interest in Lucent Narga? Me, I got a cloudy moonshard on the 2nd or 3rd time I fought it, and decided "hey, I only need one more to make an armor set!". Since then I've captured 29 more with no more cloudy moonshards (and yes, I've been breaking the face)

-_-

Edit: At least I can get 100,000z selling off the other unnecessary parts off each quest and I'm going up in HR quickly doing the quest as well...

Edit #2: 2 Lucents after originally posting this I finally got my 2nd Cloudy Moonshard!

Kandinsky

So let me get this straight, I have to kill Port Goldbeard Ceadeus(multi) solo (3DS) to get to G rank, wich is multiplayer only as well?, like theres no village G rank, is that correct?, did the game just ended for me?.

is there an easy way to get dash extracts?

So let me get this straight, I have to kill Port Goldbeard Ceadeus(multi) solo (3DS) to get to G rank, wich is multiplayer only as well?, like theres no village G rank, is that correct?, did the game just ended for me?.

get a slime weapon, give kayamba the ultimate mask, keep attacking his beard and make timely use of the dragonator and you should beat him. It was surprisingly easier than I expected. You'll probably die once or twice and it will take you long but he will go down eventually. I finished it with 15 mins left on the clock.

Oh don't forget you dash/Mega dash juice and oxygen philiers ect. His water blast can one shot you at this point so I'd worry about that too.

is there an easy way to get dash extracts?

get a slime weapon, give kayamba the ultimate mask, keep attacking his beard and make timely use of the dragonator and you should beat him. It was surprisingly easier than I expected. You'll probably die once or twice and it will take you long but he will go down eventually. I finished it with 15 mins left on the clock.

Oh don't forget you dash/Mega dash juice and oxygen philiers ect. His water blast can one shot you at this point so I'd worry about that too.

straight up make them. i suggest maxing your farm. using the trade commodities will also help your yields when they are complete.

i have to make max potions for my "group", as these people are too lazy to grow their own. One person in particular died like 14 times last night in just a handful of fights lol.

without a max potion, ancient potion, nutrients, etc, you're pretty much screwed in those 8* G rank fights.

edit : what helped me in those fights (gold beard, green plesioth) was using guard up on my gun lance (would work for sword and shield and lance as well). All unblockable moves in the game become blockable.

depends how you look at it, but yes. you could always try to find others in your area that have it for 3DS and plan a small "event" to try to tackle him in ad-hoc

Top Bottom