• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Well that was surprisingly easy
and fun

LuH3El9.jpg

jJKse2H.jpg

zEsIZGd.jpg

White Gal so cute. <3

Stoof

Never played a Monster Hunter game before, and I've already put 100 hours into this game! Mostly just been playing with my girlfriend when I'm online, only just got to HR 5. Kinda hoping they make a MH4U for Wii U in the future. :p

CPCunha

ok just got home... GAFroom stats!

I still need help in HR6... haven't had time to play this week so i'm feeling left behind.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Logging on again. Been dying to do some green narga farming for the last couple days, with no success. Hopefully some people will join. :(

Hey, new to gaf and new to monster hunter, so far I've made it to the third rank but I'm stuck on the bird, can't recall his name right now, any tips for beating him as a duel blade user?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey, new to gaf and new to monster hunter, so far I've made it to the third rank but I'm stuck on the bird, can't recall his name right now, any tips for beating him as a duel blade user?

He's a real asshole and no one likes him. Have you been upgrading your gear and weapons? He gave me a bit of trouble until I made myself the Jaggi set, then he went down pretty easy. Always keep your gear up to date, best advice you can give a beginner.

He's a real asshole and no one likes him. Have you been upgrading your gear and weapons? He gave me a bit of trouble until I made myself the Jaggi set, then he went down pretty easy. Always keep your gear up to date, best advice you can give a beginner.
Nearly fully upgraded Jaggi armor, but I'm just using the bone blades, I'll working to upgrade those and then I'll see if he goes down.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nearly fully upgraded Jaggi armor, but I'm just using the bone blades, I'll working to upgrade those and then I'll see if he goes down.

Yea, it's probably a power issue. Upgrade them until you can't anymore. If it isn't just keep in mind that he does the fire click thing three times in a row so don't attack until that's over, just dodge it. Just wait for lulls in his attacks and strike him hard and fast, hit and run tactics. Don't take any risks you don't need to. Also take out G.Jaggi first since he'll summon him if you don't, fighting two guys at once at that point in the game is annoying as hell.

Fewr

Welcome to both.

This bird is the noob killer. Your future victory will be twice as sweet now that you know that once you kill that thing you will have taken your first big step into the world of MH.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wish i could help you man, but i don't have the quest unlocked yet. Wanna help me get out of HR6 hell?

Shit, sorry I missed your message. I ended up farming Goldbeard. If you want help this weekend, I'm happy to help.

Welcome to both.

This bird is the noob killer. Your future victory will be twice as sweet now that you know that once you kill that thing you will have taken your first big step into the world of MH.

Qurupeco, slayer of noobs.

Also feel free to lay some hammer tips on me if you're an experienced hammer user. :D.

Tap and release R trigger, X, X, X, X, tap and release R trigger, X, X, X, X, rinse and repeat is an unlimited combo for the hammer. The recovery on the third X (golf swing) can be canceled with the R trigger.

You can do the above combo on dizzied mob twice(just barely), provided you know how to align yourself properly to hit a monster's weak point.

Each charge (even the tap and release, with and without pressing X) has its uses. Charge level 2 advances and swings upwards (also comes with ESP). Great for hitting uragaan's jaw, etc.

Learn when to use super pound and when to do triple pound.

And remember, most hammer recovery moves can be canceled by roll. So try to leave a buffer of stamina for rolling whenever you do a charge.

Haunted

Tap and release R trigger, X, X, X, X, tap and release R trigger, X, X, X, X, rinse and repeat is an unlimited combo for the hammer. The recovery on the third X (golf swing) can be canceled with the R trigger.

You can do the above combo on dizzied mob twice(just barely), provided you know how to align yourself properly to hit a monster's weak point.

Each charge (even the tap and release, with and without pressing X) has its uses. Charge level 2 advances and swings upwards (also comes with ESP). Great for hitting uragaan's jaw, etc.

Learn when to use super pound and when to do triple pound.

And remember, most hammer recovery moves can be canceled by roll. So try to leave a buffer of stamina for rolling whenever you do a charge.
I'm guessing that's the most useful combo if you've got a downed enemy, I've been just using A, X, X or the superpound for that. Will have to try that one out, thanks!

KOing a monster is goddamn satisfying.

panda21

I don't quite understand how damage works in this.. I'd like to try playing hammer but the dios hammer seemingly does less damage than the dios hunting horn (once you add on the slime number), plus you get the horn status effects.

I can't see how the hammer is a sensible choice when it costs the same and needs similar mats. Is there any benefit to choosing hammer over the horn?

Schuhu

Neo Member
I don't quite understand how damage works in this.. I'd like to try playing hammer but the dios hammer seemingly does less damage than the dios hunting horn (once you add on the slime number), plus you get the horn status effects.

I can't see how the hammer is a sensible choice when it costs the same and needs similar mats. Is there any benefit to choosing hammer over the horn?

It's the moveset, with the Hunting horn you have your 3 note-swings and songs while with the hammer you have access to the charge ability which results in more damage overall

Kandinsky

I told my son the monster in Haunted's avatar was the last monster in the game and now he can't wait to fight the "Great Gaffy", now I feel bad lol.

Fewr

I'll be monster huntin' for a while, post here if you want to do some hunts no matter the rank (low, high, g). I'm HR6 btw.

Never played a Monster Hunter game before, and I've already put 100 hours into this game! Mostly just been playing with my girlfriend when I'm online, only just got to HR 5. Kinda hoping they make a MH4U for Wii U in the future. :p

only if 3DS version keeps online from 4
none of this needing the WiiU to go online crap

I would definitely prefer a Wii U version of MH4 rather than 3DS. I like playing on a big HD screen (even if textures are reworked from 3DS version), I like using my keyboard to type, I like the Wii classic controller pro (much better than 3DS even with Circle Pad Pro), etc. etc.

Malvingt2

This game is trolling me.. I need tailbone from Duramboros.. I need 5 of them for SA upgrade and I can't get any.. Damn it.. 4% to 7% to get.. depending of how "carve/reward/mine" Low or High...

and yet I got Sapphire back to back from carving I Lagi tail.. "4%"

Mileena

Banned
I would definitely prefer a Wii U version of MH4 rather than 3DS. I like playing on a big HD screen (even if textures are reworked from 3DS version), I like using my keyboard to type, I like the Wii classic controller pro (much better than 3DS even with Circle Pad Pro), etc. etc.

Small screen just doesn't fit this game at all. I can't play off TV unless it's easy single player shit or mining. I'm sure we'll get a Wii U version eventually, I'll just have to keep myself occupied with other stuff till then :p

thetrin

I might join up later. Just doing some Goldbeard farming today to finish my Helios gear.

Haunted

Hopefully I'll be able to play again later tonight, judging by my fucked up sleep schedule it'll probably be with the US crowd. ^^

I do need that Ghostly Quartz...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This game is trolling me.. I need tailbone from Duramboros.. I need 5 of them for SA upgrade and I can't get any.. Damn it.. 4% to 7% to get.. depending of how "carve/reward/mine" Low or High...

and yet I got Sapphire back to back from carving I Lagi tail.. "4%"

Have you been cutting the tail? I usually get one tailbone a run if I can manage to cut the tail.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For those who are new to the game, you might find this post useful:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55688764&postcount=36

---------

EDIT:
LS user here, and I'm looking for an armor with the Awaken skill. Should I craft Lagia X or Helios X armor?

Lagia:
+Awaken
+Weakness Exploit
+Focus
-Status Atk Down

Helos:
+HG Earplugs
+Awaken
+Partbreaker
-Demonic Blessing

Both seem interesting.

Don't count the negatives since you can gem them out fairly easily. That said I love normal earplugs. I can only imagine HG.

thetrin

About to open a room to do some Goldbeard farming. Still need a couple more items for my Helios Z set.

EDIT: Nevermind, found a room to join.

For those who are new to the game, you might find this post useful:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55688764&postcount=36

---------

EDIT:
LS user here, and I'm looking for an armor with the Awaken skill. Should I craft Lagia X or Helios X armor?

Lagia:
+Awaken
+Weakness Exploit
+Focus
-Status Atk Down

Helos:
+HG Earplugs
+Awaken
+Partbreaker
-Demonic Blessing

Both seem interesting.

Why not HGE, Awaken and sharpness +1?

Helios Z Helm
Helios Z Chest
Helios Z Gloves
Helios X Waist
Artian Greaves

You'll need a +3 Awaken charm. And you'll have like 10(?) slots free. That's the set I'm using.

thetrin

anyone wanna do a couple G Rank mission to get Conqueror's seals?

Would love some help.

Top Bottom