• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Totally confused about seeing the sever info etc. my NINID is "therealbeatris" HR6 trying to hunt laggi, I want to play with Gaffers, but I don't know how to see or get my name on the list. help. :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Totally confused about seeing the sever info etc. my NINID is "therealbeatris" HR6 trying to hunt laggi, I want to play with Gaffers, but I don't know how to see or get my name on the list. help. :)

Gaffers open rooms in Free C, Lobby 9, with a usual password that you can find in the OP by quoting it. That's the best way to find people to play with.

Haunted

dJUZTyr.jpg

XpuJf.gif

Narras

I swear Moga Free Hunt is the most infuriating thing ever. It's harder than any G rank quest in this game. I have Qurupeco and Black Diablos and Qurupeco decides to show up and run into my trap for capturing Black Diablos. Rant over.

I just want to collect some 5+ star commodities. :(

Can a US 3DS version of the game play multiplayer with an EU Wii U version?

This is pretty important as I'm buying a 3DS before going back over to England for the summer and I'd love to be able to play MH3U with my brother. It'd be a shame if it wasn't possible.

Gaffers open rooms in Free C, Lobby 9, with a usual password that you can find in the OP by quoting it. That's the best way to find people to play with.

Sad to say, I am confused about what to quote. For the password. Thank you for the help, I am almost there!

Well I feel like a dummy, I think I got it, hopefully, I will be on this evening PST 9:00 pm. Thank you!

Nevermind, looks like I'm going to have to buy an EU 3DS just to play MH3Ultimate with my brother.

God damn it, this region locking is insane.

Vinci

Danish
Thanks to everyone who helped me get up to HR3... Getting there...

EDIT: I swear, you're avoiding me, Haunted... lol... I just logged.

Chuckpebble

Nevermind, looks like I'm going to have to buy an EU 3DS just to play MH3Ultimate with my brother.

God damn it, this region locking is insane.

Wait, how did you get confirmation on this? I thought it would be possible since the online is now worldwide.

Fewr

Attn. MonHun GAF,
Thanks a lot for this weekend's hunts. I managed to get to HR7, and I'm very close to trading my jaggi armor for helios. I really appreciate the help, and hope I get to help others in the future.

-----------------

Btw,. I think I'll go for Helios X armor, then I.Lagi, then hopefully by then I'll have a FreeElement charm and will do Helios Z. Sigh, so much to do.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I am! Heading online now!

edit: Fer's HR7 too, so it'd be two birds with one stone, trin. :)

I ended up getting my cap lifted, with the help of some very nice gaffers. Thanks guys!

OFF: Are you guys planning to buy Animal Crossing day one?

Send me a PM so we can exchange FC. :)

I probably will be getting AC, yeah. I'll let you know.

Wait, how did you get confirmation on this? I thought it would be possible since the online is now worldwide.

I assume the problem arises when the US 3DS tries to communicate with the EU Wii U.

thetrin

You guys still online? I'm jealous of Fer hitting HR7... i want to be there also!

I'm taking a break, but the last time I was looking at rooms, there were a couple GAF rooms open. You should pop in there and see if they can help. If not, I'll be on later tonight, and I'll be happy to help then.

I decided to search around and found out that US copies of the game can't recognize EU 3DS or Wii U copies and vice-versa.

It's a shame, I really was looking forward to playing with my brother in July, but I have no clue what to do now.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
No kidding, I think I mine went to 27 or 28 after the uncap. And then there was so much grinding afterwards to get to 70 ( つ Д `)

CPCunha

Had a blast of a hunting session with Haunted, Jason and Lanze... you guys are awesome! I'll be HR7 tomorrow thanks to HunterGAF.

Woot!

thetrin

Got onto MH3U no one was playing, oh well maybe tomorrow!

Sorry! You should definitely hop on and play a bit with randoms to get a feel of the game. The community is really friendly, and you're bound to have some really good games.

That said, I should be on tomorrow, and I'd be happy to help you out with your early stuff.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You should be, please make more. One question, is every fight made easy by having buddies? I'm still new and working through the village quests, but one thing I like is the length of the fights, makes them seem so epic.
Technically yes, the health and damage doesn't scale based on players, but you also have to share the 3 cart limit with the rest of the players.

Deband

Technically yes, the health and damage doesn't scale based on players, but you also have to share the 3 cart limit with the rest of the players.

Didn't know there was a cart limit, only been knocked out once. The damage you did before cart stays, right?

I was ecstatic to get my worn gunlance, but upon application, I rarely use it. it's almost useless without sharpness + 1 to extend the white level to a manageable level but in G-rank, it will go to blue almost immediately and bounce off of every monster you encounter. The Uragaan G rank armor, or fencing in general, make it somewhat useable, but you better have sharpener as you will be scraping the hell out of this weapon.

Very cool looking though.

I've finally finished my stygian zinogre gunlance. took about 50 kills to get my 3rd sky emerald. dat 400 dragon with 620+ raw is pretty nice.

Unfortunately, the lagiacrus armor leaves much to be desired, so I gemmed free element onto uragaan armor. I'm just about done with everything gunlance (just missing lagiacrus gunlance maxed) so i'll be switching more heavily into GS. I'm thinking of going back to SWAX.

Too many fun weapons in this game. Surprised I haven't even touched a regular lance yet

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Also who programmed the absolutely moronic, context-insensitive Shakalaka AI? Seriously, these guys seem to use their health recovery dances completely randomly. Run around for three minutes with low health? No heal. Be literally halfway through the collaps onto bed animation? Health Recover (L)

Also who programmed the absolutely moronic, context-insensitive Shakalaka AI? Seriously, these guys seem to use their health recovery dances completely randomly. Run around for three minutes with low health? No heal. Be literally halfway through the collaps onto bed animation? Health Recover (L)

I'm pretty sure the dances are random btw

Top Bottom