• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

I'm almost done crafting all the max tier Hammers.....damn, I'm broke. Less than 100k left.

I wanna transition into Gunlance. Tips from Gunlance experts?

Fewr

If Nintendo wows me next tuesday (aka announce DQX), I'll be joining you guys, can't wait.
This has been the cheapest game ever for me. It's totally worth spending the money for a Wii U.
I got it on 3ds and on wii u, and with 250hrs and counting I can safely say this game has given me the most bang for my buck in my life.

I'm almost done crafting all the max tier Hammers.....damn, I'm broke. Less than 100k left.

thats broke?!! G-rank i presume?

This has been the cheapest game ever for me. It's totally worth spending the money for a Wii U.
I got it on 3ds and on wii u, and with 250hrs and counting I can safely say this game has given me the most bang for my buck in my life.

i gotta say i agree with this though it's barely grazing MHFU at this point content wise.

Fewr

Attn. Boogalogist: In the end I decided to go for my Helos X armor, then wait until I get a FreeElement talisman in order to do the Z + artian greaves you told me about. I've got all the mats for it, I just need 1 of the super rare dragon gem.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

i gotta say i agree with this though it's barely grazing MHFU at this point content wise.

I have like, 80k right now, and I feel broke. That was rich back in HR, but I just spent 140k on a weapon, so it makes me sad not to be in the six figures anymore.

finally finished the mosgharl armor, it's worth just looking at the thing

That is awesome! I wanna make some more G Rank armor pretty soon. Only have Helios Z right now.

Btw, I might need to do some G Brachy tonight for glowing slime. So close to finishing my Spectral Demolisher.

Fewr

I was about to buy the ios hunter assistant, but noticed they just raised the asking price, booo! I'll wait for a sale now.

I have like, 80k right now, and I feel broke. That was rich back in HR, but I just spent 140k on a weapon, so it makes me sad not to be in the six figures anymore.

That is awesome! I wanna make some more G Rank armor pretty soon. Only have Helios Z right now.

Btw, I might need to do some G Brachy tonight for glowing slime. So close to finishing my Spectral Demolisher.

I know how that feels lol, Finished Brachy's final Switch Axe and that cost 90Gs, I was shocked lol.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I was about to buy the ios hunter assistant, but noticed they just raised the asking price, booo! I'll wait for a sale now.

If it's the one I'm using right now, I'm rather unimpressed with it. Kiranico running in iOS Safari is far more useful.

Yes. I'm in G-rank. 100k is broke to me. I had like 900k at one point of time. But each max tiered hammer i make costs about 100k each time I upgrade (not total cost).

Attn. Boogalogist: In the end I decided to go for my Helos X armor, then wait until I get a FreeElement talisman in order to do the Z + artian greaves you told me about. I've got all the mats for it, I just need 1 of the super rare dragon gem.

Wow. Helios X is actually harder to farm than Helios Z. Another item that is hard to farm is the Artian Greaves material. One very specific item called Long Fragment. ^_-

Guys I'm pretty new to MH! Played some MHFU on PSP but not enough to really learn anything besides basics. I've also put maybe 20 hours into MH3U on my 3DS. My biggest road block is the harder monsters. I realize the game is designed this way but I fought one today that took almost 30 minutes and I still died. What the heck am I doing wrong? My long sword hits them a ton but they just never die. I love this game but being unable to ever beat anything big is frustrating.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Guys I'm pretty new to MH! Played some MHFU on PSP but not enough to really learn anything besides basics. I've also put maybe 20 hours into MH3U on my 3DS. My biggest road block is the harder monsters. I realize the game is designed this way but I fought one today that took almost 30 minutes and I still died. What the heck am I doing wrong? My long sword hits them a ton but they just never die. I love this game but being unable to ever beat anything big is frustrating.

What monster specifically are you having trouble against? Have you been upgrading your gear?

Which big monster were you fighting? and which longsword were you using?

Typically, you need to avoid attacks and counter attack. Learn the mobs patterns...and each mob has a weak point.

Longsword moveset has a level up ability....but you need a big opening for that. It can level up 3 times for MOAR damage each level.

Haunted

I'm pretty happy with this game capture thing I picked up recently. Here's a video with Haunted, Chopper Dave, thetrin, and myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KwWgF5Ncc
good stuff!

You should be, please make more. One question, is every fight made easy by having buddies? I'm still new and working through the village quests, but one thing I like is the length of the fights, makes them seem so epic.
Every monster looks easy when we're the ones doing it. *puts on sunglasses*

Actually, we were using G rank equipment for an HR monster, but yeah. :p

I was ecstatic to get my worn gunlance, but upon application, I rarely use it. it's almost useless without sharpness + 1 to extend the white level to a manageable level but in G-rank, it will go to blue almost immediately and bounce off of every monster you encounter. The Uragaan G rank armor, or fencing in general, make it somewhat useable, but you better have sharpener as you will be scraping the hell out of this weapon.

Very cool looking though.
Yeah, at this point it was more about completion than really being useful. It was the only gunlance I hadn't made yet. :D

Haunted

Welcome to the best weapon club in the game.

Seriously though, just go in there and try out some combos. Lots of possibilities, the right move for every situation, played a hundred hours with it and it never got old.

And yes, once you reach the later stages of G-rank, money just disappears like it's nothing, it's crazy compared to the amounts you were used to handling before. Granny selling Armor Stones last week meant I was down like 3 million zennys before I really knew what happened.

Neo C.

If it's Duram, it's understandable. He has huge stamina. Other monsters are fair in that regard, but it's wise to have higher level weapons at some point. Going online for farming makes things a lot easier.

Ken

Is there a way to connect to a second Wii U in the same house and play locally without going through servers and having to deal with lag?

Thinking about starting a new character for all that male armor goodness.

The type of shot of the gunlance SHOULD affect the combos you do with that gunlance. The sharpness of your weapon should also influence this.

Uragaan, IMO, is the best gunlance armor if you want to guard.

Run stab, stab, stab, X+A, X, wyvern fire is good stuff.

hcCbPSd.png

http://www.gamefaqs.com/

This can't be bad right?

That deviljho cage match has to be the most fun I've had playing this game, and also the biggest shit mission ever, as far as separating the men from the boys. First time I played it, we won with 3p, 1 death (not me)

The second run through, an HR 6 joined. When I noticed, I asked him if he really should be here. He claimed he has done this mission before. I checked out his gear and saw his DEF was under 400. I explained to him that with DEF that low, and at -25 Dragon resistance, he would get one shotted. He tried to say he soloed this mission, which I didn't believe, nor is that even possible at HR 6.

I said if he could handle it, I would let him try. 1 minute in, he died, and then again at 6. He quit with no response from me.

Last mission of the night against Gold Rathian, the Kelbi bow user happened to die 3 times in less than 8 mintues!

lol

Chuckpebble

Hey, can I get an equipment poll on people who have finished Mark of a Hero? I'm trying to get by with HR only stuff, its proving difficult. I'm guessing Ice is the best element to use.

NinjaBoiX

I'm busy registering my Club Nintendo points, and when I input the 3DS code, it prompts me to input a recommendation code for MH3U. Does anyone have one they're willing to give away? I'd be most grateful!

I'm in the UK, if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys.

did you seriously just come in here asking for someone to give you monster hunter for free?

may all your drops be shards and your shakalakas useless as always

NinjaBoiX

did you seriously just come in here asking for someone to give you monster hunter for free?
I may have misunderstood the promotion here, I thought it was a code to get someone else into the game.

Isn't that the idea? If you still have the code, you clearly don't have a use for it. I don't understand what the problem is. What else would you do with it?

*shrugs*

Chuckpebble

I may have misunderstood the promotion here, I thought it was a code to get someone else into the game.

Isn't that the idea? If you still have the code, you clearly don't have a use for it. I don't understand what the problem is. What else would you do with it?

*shrugs*

Check the thread for the offer. People were offering them there.

taybul

I used to be so broke that I couldn't take on quests. Having ~100k felt like a luxury. Now that I started selling mats at the end of quests instead of hoarding everything...

zGRObJ6.gif

...and have the Cosmic Masks on both companions at all times and leveled pretty high. Every now and then I'll check back with them and bam, instant 60k.

I just thought of ideas and I was thinking of a new thread but I'll say them here.

Capcom should consider porting MHG and create MH2G for 3DS (work from the PS2 versions with all of the content from all previous versions), use MT Framework Mobile to add the shadows and lighting used in 3G.

Then later, bring both to Wii U in a collection with the same visual upgrades as in 3G, but this time trying to get the framerate right, both on 3DS and Wii U (locked 30 or 60 frames, choose one).

And add online via the method in MH3G 3DS at minimum.

I can see this working EXTREMELY well, on 3DS the games would have a visual polish not seen in previous versions, and on Wii U would be in HD for the first time.

How does the online bit work anyway? Do you need the Wii U version, or is it an App you download via eShop on Wii U and you don't require the Wii U version?

Do these and Capcom might be able to squeeze more sales out of the original (5th version I think this would be?), and MH2, now for the first time called Monster Hunter 2G.

If they could get 230k out of MHG Wii, they can get WAY more on 3DS.

Thoughts?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They got 230k out of G because Tri wasn't on the scene. And also, MH3U for 3DS opened way worse than Tri Wii did in America. There's no way a second-gen game would fly today, let alone a first-gen game. That's also a ton of work porting between non-similar platforms, with added stuff no less, for literally no gain.

Possibly one of the least realistic and least beneficial ideas I've seen in a while. Who would go back and play a game with worse graphics, less content, and wonkier hitboxes when Tri, 3U, and P3rd are already out and loved?

They got 230k out of G because Tri wasn't on the scene. And also, MH3U for 3DS opened way worse than Tri Wii did in America. There's no way a second-gen game would fly today, let alone a first-gen game. That's also a ton of work porting between non-similar platforms, with added stuff no less, for literally no gain.

Possibly one of the least realistic and least beneficial ideas I've seen in a while. Who would go back and play a game with worse graphics, less content, and wonkier hitboxes when Tri, 3U, and P3rd are already out and loved?

I dunno, I was thinking people would want all four games on one platform. But you raise very good points.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sorry if I was harsh but the idea is just... very strange to me.

I'd play a "best of" collection of the first two gen's monsters and locations in 3U's engine, though.

Narras

This Deviljho in the Buff event was fun. They should have made it a Savage Deviljho to make it a bit more challenging. Also, the event weapon from it may not be a very strong great sword but, it is pretty awesome looking. :D

Fewr

My quest for a Brachydios Pallium has begun...
(do you recommend I go for the 2x brachy quest, or 2xbaggi and 1x brachy with loads of mega potions? I'm leaning towards the former)

Also, is it possible to search for a room that is farming Jhen Mohran? it doesn't show up in my list when searching rooms.

-----

Anyone wants to play? I'm HR2.
I plan to play all weekend, so hopefully we'll meet and hunt together. Right now I must go to bed.

My quest for a Brachydios Pallium has begun...
(do you recommend I go for the 2x brachy quest, or 2xbaggi and 1x brachy with loads of mega potions? I'm leaning towards the former)

Also, is it possible to search for a room that is farming Jhen Mohran? it doesn't show up in my list when searching rooms.

-----

I plan to play all weekend, so hopefully we'll meet and hunt together. Right now I must go to bed.

you want the 2x brachy for palliums. no question

Haunted

I guess I disconnected at the end there? Sorry to leave you guys (Jason, trin, Khory) hanging, but it was my last quest anyway.

Good night of hunts once again! Special shoutout to Jason and his eternal Jhen Moran challenge. :D

Finally got on with some of you fine folks, but everyone was way ahead of my pitiful hr6 :( so back to the randoms to bring up my hr
Aw man, you totally could've played with us at HR6 (or lower)! It's all good, most GAFers I've played with love helping out with key quests and stuff.

And at HR6+ it's a no-brainer anyway, it's all G-rank, we're all on the level.

Haunted

It is. If you're not finding any when searching with target parameter Jhen Moran, it's simply that there aren't any online right now. Can happen sometimes, not every monster is in demand all the time. :D

When in doubt, join GAF rooms (we usually take turns, or help out the lowest HR) or just create your own room and hope some like minded people join.

thetrin

I guess I disconnected at the end there? Sorry to leave you guys (Jason, trin, Khory) hanging, but it was my last quest anyway.

It disconnected everyone. :(

And then I tried to find another room, and my Wii U froze as the quest was starting. I think I'm done for the night. :p

Good night of hunts once again! Special shoutout to Jason and his eternal Jhen Moran challenge. :D

Aw man, you totally could've played with us at HR6 (or lower)! It's all good, most GAFers I've played with love helping out with key quests and stuff.

And at HR6+ it's a no-brainer anyway, it's all G-rank, we're all on the level.

There is always tomorrow evening!

thetrin

Yeah, I'll join up tomorrow evening and help out as well. I have to go work out, and probably will have some work stuff to catch up on, but I'll try to find some time to sneak online and hunt some monsters.

Oh Haunted, I just had the worst game. :(

I felt like logging in one more time, and I got into a G Rank Brachy room to farm more glowing slimes, and 2 of the hunters carted all three continues on the first Brachy within 5 minutes. :(

I just rage quitted after that. I will have to farm tomorrow. That group was just too infuriating.

Neo C.

Basically Youtube but Live videos, if you have a capture card and stuff you can stream yourself playing to it.

You're internet famous!!

Twitch is the de facto streaming site for gaming right now. Great place to watch tournaments and early gameplay.

Well, then I'm glad I played well yesterday and didn't blamed myself (took several Azure Raths down when they flew), until I got disconnected. I don't want internet fame by dying stupidly. :p

Top Bottom