• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Not sure where to go now. I can build out some new armor sets but without materials from G-Rank I can't upgrade anymore (3DS version so online isn't an option).

165 hours. Might just be finished I guess, was a good run. Without the hopes of upgrading, completing quests and such doesn't seem that interesting.

Not sure where to go now. I can build out some new armor sets but without materials from G-Rank I can't upgrade anymore (3DS version so online isn't an option).

165 hours. Might just be finished I guess, was a good run. Without the hopes of upgrading, completing quests and such doesn't seem that interesting.

there are a lot of G rank missions you could solo yourself, which would lead to better armors, which would allow you to solo more G rank missions.

It's only over when you say it is

Insaniac

Griffon Blazooka with Pierce or Nether Salvatore with Normal. Both in siege mode.

Ceadeus is still a cunt though.

EDIT: Plesioth lance is better. You want the Ceadeus SA and HBG.

Thanks, decided to go with Ceadeus SA cause it is really good and I only needed one crooked horn to forge it as opposed to 3 ceadeus tails ugh. Time to get some Ludroth S armor

I used to always go with matching armor sets, but after using ASS, this mix/match stuff looks pimp.

basically, anything with artian greaves + skull mask = sex

tuffy

Lack of any sort of G Rank Village is what encouraged me to hop online for the first time. I'd finally collected all the fragments for Artian X, but most of the ores to finish it were out of my reach. I suppose I could've soloed the port missions, but fighting a bunch of the same monsters with oversized HP pools wasn't appealing. In a way it makes sense; the Village is basically a hunting tutorial while the real "meat" of the game is in multiplayer, but that doesn't help 3DS players without a lot of local multiplayer friends.

there are a lot of G rank missions you could solo yourself, which would lead to better armors, which would allow you to solo more G rank missions.

It's only over when you say it is

Would I be able to solo up to that point though? I haven't really tackled much of the HR3 stuff yet but I assumed the difficulty would be out of my reach.

Lack of any sort of G Rank Village is what encouraged me to hop online for the first time. I'd finally collected all the fragments for Artian X, but most of the ores to finish it were out of my reach. I suppose I could've soloed the port missions, but fighting a bunch of the same monsters with oversized HP pools wasn't appealing. In a way it makes sense; the Village is basically a hunting tutorial while the real "meat" of the game is in multiplayer, but that doesn't help 3DS players without a lot of local multiplayer friends.

Yeah, 3DS is a bummer with no online ...

Anura

Would I be able to solo up to that point though? I haven't really tackled much of the HR3 stuff yet but I assumed the difficulty would be out of my reach.

Don't worry, the entire game is can be done solo.

The biggest spikes of difficulty alone are Goldbeard, dual brachy and S. Jin

But once they're dead you will feel like you're on top of the world. Trust me I did it

Yeah, 3DS is a bummer with no online ...

most definitely. the only thing i could see being almost impossible are missions like the HR 6 and HR 7 urgents (gold beard and dire miralis)

you definitely could solo up to HR 6 urgent though with no online/local play

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...ou-can-only-get-at-the-mh-community-college-2

X7YSVG4.jpg

I NEED THIS

It seems like the GAF lobby hasn't been seeing a lot of action since E3. Forget discussing Microsoft DRM for a minute and kill some monsters! I'm on right now if anybody is up for it. Look for Jason in the usual GAF spot.

Gattuso

It seems like the GAF lobby hasn't been seeing a lot of action since E3. Forget discussing Microsoft DRM for a minute and kill some monsters! I'm on right now if anybody is up for it. Look for Jason in the usual GAF spot.
after i'm done with mk7 ill join you if your still up by then

Fewr

I've had plenty of work. Tomorrow I have a birthday dinner for a workmate, I hope I can get out early for a good night of MHing.

CPCunha

230h in... two items i have NEVER seen...
Peco's Wonderful Beak and the goddamn Large Fragments.

I'm table 5, is it cursed or something?

Fewr

Those fragments are the rare ones you get from sending a ship? Took me 2-3 weeks to get them, but that's because it took me a while to figure out what to do, here's what I did:
1. I had plenty of those stones you can mine off uragaan, I turned them into resources and got about 60k of them.
2. Get about 10 treasure trackers from Argosy trade.
3. Focus on doing any other stuff you need to, just remember to keep sending the ships wherever until you get the special trip; when you see the fourth special trip, send the ship with treasure tracker.

After a few tries you'll start getting them, the diffucult part is getting all the resources to keep sending the ships.

---------

Oh dear, Alatreon hits HARD! Any tips? For long sword preferrably.

Fewr

We've got a room going with two people, come join.

---
Edit: sorry, got disconnected, i somehow managed to beat the quest by myself

Any lobbies open? I need to kill zinogre like 100 times and kill some Rathalos 100 times.\

Edit: Rank 4 I haven'tunlocked a rathalos high rank yet. I guess I should mention I am a 3DS user and can't make a lobby.

taybul

Those fragments are the rare ones you get from sending a ship? Took me 2-3 weeks to get them, but that's because it took me a while to figure out what to do, here's what I did:
1. I had plenty of those stones you can mine off uragaan, I turned them into resources and got about 60k of them.
2. Get about 10 treasure trackers from Argosy trade.
3. Focus on doing any other stuff you need to, just remember to keep sending the ships wherever until you get the special trip; when you see the fourth special trip, send the ship with treasure tracker.

After a few tries you'll start getting them, the diffucult part is getting all the resources to keep sending the ships.

---------

Oh dear, Alatreon hits HARD! Any tips? For long sword preferrably.

It's faster if you keep doing the low rank mission Prescription pickup (bring 2 kelbi horns, start mission, turn around, deliver, send the 2 horns back in your pack, repeat) until a 4-star ship becomes available, save, do the pickup mission until they come back (and DON'T save!), check haul, if you get it, great, if not, reload.

Fewr

Hmmm same here, room is hosted by GeekI, but usual pass doesnt work
Edit: i'm an idiot, got the correct pass but cam't connect; it could be the rain interferring with my internet.

Gattuso

I finally made it to HR 4 and decided to try out the Zinogre and it was destroying me. I definitely can't move around fast enough to doge the attacks when I'm trying to deal some damage. I just need to pick a monster and start farming for some parts, right now i'm just mix n matching various armor.

daripad

Guys, is the 3DS version worth owning?
I don't have a WiiU and I still don't know if I want one, so I'd be only able to play this offline. Is this game good in songle player or do you think online multiplayer is essential?

Just started today the 3DS version. Man, the beginning is as slow as Tri.

For some reason I expect them to make it a bit quicker lol. I'm hyped to use the weapons that weren't in Tri, however!

I plan to get some Dual Sword soon.

tuffy

Guys, is the 3DS version worth owning?
I don't have a WiiU and I still don't know if I want one, so I'd be only able to play this offline. Is this game good in songle player or do you think online multiplayer is essential?
You'll get a full game out of it, even from the single-player Village quests. There's a lot of monsters to hunt and gear to unlock without entering the multiplayer-balanced Port quests at all. And if you're hardcore enough the game will let you tackle those solo too. So I'd say it's worth owning.

daripad

You'll get a full game out of it, even from the single-player Village quests. There's a lot of monsters to hunt and gear to unlock without entering the multiplayer-balanced Port quests at all. And if you're hardcore enough the game will let you tackle those solo too. So I'd say it's worth owning.
Ok thank you, then I'll need the circle pad pro.

Fewr

Weird indeed cus i'm pretty sure is the right one. care to set another room and try other pass?

That 2x Glacial Agnaktor quest was good. I liked how you died, then right after I did too, then the rest of the fight we were both much more conservative when fighting them.

Anura

Just started today the 3DS version. Man, the beginning is as slow as Tri.

For some reason I expect them to make it a bit quicker lol. I'm hyped to use the weapons that weren't in Tri, however!

I plan to get some Dual Sword soon.

Just be sure to get a decent pair with good element!

I know for me the fastest way to kill a new weapon type for myself is to go hunt something with a bad weapon I was too over eager to upgrade and then take forever trying to kill a monster

can't wait to do it again in MH4!

What's the best "Beginner's Guide"? Just got the game yesterday (for the alluring price of £0) and want to get the best out of it. My brother got it too (Thankyou based recommendation codes), so I do have someone to play with.

Alrus

Figures I need a simple Lagi Horn+ and the game gives me two Lagia Sapphire and a Plate in the span of 2 runs... No horn though, except stupid normal ones :/

This is like hunting Rathian Spike+ all over again, except more annoying, because Lagi isn't a particularly fun fight (he's piss easy with a lance at least)..

CPCunha

That 2x Glacial Agnaktor quest was good. I liked how you died, then right after I did too, then the rest of the fight we were both much more conservative when fighting them.

Yeah this is what makes G-Rank MonHun the best thing... its always a thin line between "this will be a walk in the park.." and "OMFG we've been doing this for 25 min. and if i die i loose it all..."

...such a rewarding game, specially with good hunting partners!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Yeah this is what makes G-Rank MonHun the best thing... its always a thin line between "this will be a walk in the park.." and "OMFG we've been doing this for 25 min. and if i die i loose it all..."

...such a rewarding game, specially with good hunting partners!
High Rank Ivory Lagiacrus (solo) was exactly that. First encounter I got utterly destroyed by the beast, second one I came prepared with 10 High Potion, 10 Regular Potion, 10 Honey, one trap and elements to combine two more and it went exactly the other way. Can't wait to get to G-Rank.

BTW I'll be getting soon a Wii U to play this online (and play W101 DAY ONE), how are the connections between EU and US for this game? Would love to hang out with MonHun GAF to be honest.

Top Bottom