• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

NEO0MJ

So we finally get a peek into Shinso's power. Was hoping they'd explain it this episode but oh well.

And damn,Todoroki's face was burned by his own mother! I thought it would be either his dad or his powers backfiring on him one day when they first developed.

caliph95

So we finally get a peek into Shinso's power. Was hoping they'd explain it this episode but oh well.

And damn,Todoroki's face was burned by his own mother! I thought it would be either his dad or his powers backfiring on him one day when they first developed.
We got a peak of it in the race episode where he was just carried by a bunch of students

dan2026

tumblr_opjdqqMj001sfyp69o1_540.gif

Its like she's really not that into it

ShadyK54

MHA still on a roll. The Deku/Shoto & All Might/Endeavor interactions were great, and Todoroki continues to be one of my favorites.

Forgot how creepy & downright almost villainous Shinso is without actually being a villain. Fun times are ahead!

Man that You say run playing during the DekuxTodo scene...it's sooooo good. Made the moment of Deku showing his resolve so amazing.

Kaizer

Banned
Anytime Tetsutetsu & Kirishima interact it's great. Setup episode this week, but it's going to be fun seeing the fights animated soon. I'm particularly hyped to see Uraraka & Bakugou go at it!

Buckle

Just finished season one. That was fanfreakingtastic.

Some really great emotional moments with the main character getting to embrace his dream. Sountrack really helps there. Almost got a lil verklempt when All-Might told him he could become a hero.

Really awesome cast with the exception of Deku's bully who I'm praying becomes his archnemesis/supervillian rather than just going the typical anime route and making this totally unlikable asshole into his tsundere friend.

All-Might is the best. One of the great anime badasses.

LotusHD

Banned
I just love that self-aware line of how Todoroki and his backstory makes him look like the main character of a comic book lol

Just finished season one. That was fanfreakingtastic.

Some really great emotional moments with the main character getting to embrace his dream. Sountrack really helps there. Almost got a lil verklempt when All-Might told him he could become a hero.

Really awesome cast with the exception of Deku's bully who I'm praying becomes his archnemesis/supervillian rather than just going the typical anime route and making this totally unlikable asshole into his tsundere friend.

All-Might is the best. One of the great anime badasses.
Bakugou is amazing.

Chase17

The version of you say run when Deku and Todoroki talk is A+

Do we know how much longer the dub will be same day?

Neoxon

So how long are we gonna have to wait for the English dub of Episode 7 onwards? We just got past Episode 6.

Philippo

Everytime i am surprised about how cute the girls are in this series.
Not in a sexual way (i mean they still are pretty attractive), but even their expressions and reactions are always adorable. Hell, even Hagakure who's invisible!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So how long are we gonna have to wait for the English dub of Episode 7 onwards? We just got past Episode 6.

I believe it's 3-4 weeks. That's the standard for the other simuldubs.
Attack on Titan Season 2 on Toonami is about 3 weeks behind the Japanese broadcast.

Moaradin

I don't think we know yet. They did a same day dub for a show last season and (iirc) it only fell behind a week or two after the first couple episodes. I'm sure it depends on how early they get the episodes ahead of time. The first 6 are just the ones they could guarantee having the same day treatment, but I'm sure they will do more if they're able.

Dahbomb

Man what the hell was up with those Pinocchio noses on those American cheerleaders...

Please tell me that wasn't a race thing...

In any case this tournament arc has been hype. The cavalry section was right up my alley, I loved all the team synergies they were doing. I also liked how Deku has been doing pretty well without using his Quirk a lot, exercising his Batman prowess.

caliph95

Todorokis mom is an evil bitch, I mean damn..

Dont think I have seen the show get so dark before lol
I mean not absolve or anything she was clearly driven crazy by the abuse and possible rape by Endeavour
She is even in an insane asylum due to the trauma

caliph95

Man what the hell was up with those Pinocchio noses on those American cheerleaders...

Please tell me that wasn't a race thing...

In any case this tournament arc has been hype. The cavalry section was right up my alley, I loved all the team synergies they were doing. I also liked how Deku has been doing pretty well without using his Quirk a lot, exercising his Batman prowess.
It's probably just a physical quirk ....... that they all have
Idk the pony girl is american from 1b and she looks different

Kickz

I mean not absolve or anything she was clearly driven crazy by the abuse and possible rape by Endeavour
She is even in an insane asylum due to the trauma

I get it but, still doesn't come close to torturing and nearly killing your son.

caliph95

I get it but, still doesn't come close to torturing and nearly killing your son.
All she did was scald him with hot water that is still horrible but she didn't torture him or anything plus it doesn't look that serious if he still has his eye, it's implied to be a momentarily loss in sanity

NEO0MJ

Thinking about it, Endeavor is probably the sort of hero Sparky would become in the future, or at least early Sparky.

All she did was scald him with hot water that is still horrible but she didn't torture him or anything plus it doesn't look that serious if he still has his eye, it's implied to be a momentarily loss in sanity

I wouldn't use the word "just" when describing the act of permanently scarring your child but I get what you mean.

caliph95

Thinking about it, Endeavor is probably the sort of hero Sparky would become in the future, or at least early Sparky.

I wouldn't use the word "just" when describing the act of permanently scarring your child but I get what you mean.
Yeah bad choice of words

Strobli

Neo Member
Hey all. I was thinking about getting into this series and I was surprised to find that it had well-defined seasons instead of new episodes being broadcast weekly. Is this a trend in WSJ adaptations these days or is it something that's unique to BnHA? It seems like it would allow the show to have less filler and higher quality animation overall. This is something I'd wished anime had been doing for a long time and I'm glad to see BnHA doing it!

Nightbird

Hey all. I was thinking about getting into this series and I was surprised to find that it had well-defined seasons instead of new episodes being broadcast weekly. Is this a trend in WSJ adaptations these days or is it something that's unique to BnHA? It seems like it would allow the show to have less filler and higher quality animation overall. This is something I'd wished anime had been doing for a long time and I'm glad to see BnHA doing it!

It seems to be a Trend.

Food Wars, Assassination Classroom, Nisekoi and Haikyuu all have been aired in seasons rather than being aired continuously.

I guess it makes licensing a whole lot easier as well as budget planning.

It certainly has been a benefit for BnHA, since it looks amazing!

Raxus

Everytime i am surprised about how cute the girls are in this series.
Not in a sexual way (i mean they still are pretty attractive), but even their expressions and reactions are always adorable. Hell, even Hagakure who's invisible!
Thank Horikoshi. He does great work adding little character details to each of his characters. The most recent season is much better at animating them.
It also helps it features 1st and 2nd best girl with 3rd best to follow.

Top Bottom