• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer. |OT|

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
man the tearing in the QL video is kinda bad :/

4580302679_6cfe7b363d_o.png

4580932554_4b54e4a633_o.png

4580932372_f9f54dc43a_o.png

4580932176_d9f3a73f78_o.png

I even downloaded the video using flashget too to see it on VLC and it's still there ,I really hope this is just GB's video capturing/my PC's fault and not the game.

hamchan

Linear?! So it's running through tubes like FFXIII!
I'm kidding btw. I'm very much looking forward to Alan Wake

bj00rn_

Banned
The reactions to the review scores in this thread are surprisingly civil for a exclusive game (Scores are good though, just saying). Good times. Hopefully I can get something Alan Wake under the counter soon so I can take a small break from Halo.

Edit: Ah, now the I SPOTTED TEARING posts are arriving, I was wondering why they were't showing up.. :lol

Rich!

Totobeni said:

I even downloaded the video using flashget too to see it on VLC and it's still there ,I really hope this is just GB's video capturing/my PC's fault and not the game.

Even more reason for people like me to be annoyed they cancelled the PC version. No V-Sync.

Tonza

The Giantbomb QL looks so awesome. And I agree with them on lighting and weather effects looking really great.

Can't wait. :D

Mohonky

Watched the Gametrailers review, the visuals in this game look insane and by their account combat is very solid. Really looking forward to it.

BlazingDarkness said:
review reads like a 5/10 ..

Eurogamer said:
At one point you're just driving down an open road, no enemies or other cars in sight, with nothing to do but cruise along and wonder why your truck is making a noise like a bear having a wank.

The review reads like a 1/10...

[Nintex]

NHale said:
And I thought only PS3 GAF got very defensive after a bad review. This thread proved me wrong. :lol
Just wait untill Super Mario Galaxy 2 doesn't get 10/10's across the board, people will die seriously.

CozMick

Banned
Has anyone got any footage of gamplay during the day?

I wanna compare the footage to what 1up have said about the visuals.

voltron

Youd think I would know by now not to read official threads for a game Im highly anticipating.

RUINS SHIT WITHOUT FAIL

EXPECTATION AND PERCEPTION = REALITY

voltron said:
Youd think I would know by now not to read official threads for a game Im highly anticipating.

RUINS SHIT WITHOUT FAIL

EXPECTATION AND PERCEPTION = REALITY

as sad as it is, it's only true for exclusives.

Prine

Banned
That Ellie chick moaning about driving... does she have no idea of atmosphere and story building? Its an isolated town we see than same in Brightfalls video shorts. Did she play with lights on and sound low?

Id really like to know.

Prine said:
That Ellie chick moaning about driving... does she have no idea of atmosphere and story building? Its an isolated town we see than same in Brightfalls video shorts. Did she play with lights on and sound low?

Id really like to know.

There's building atmosphere, and then there's boring.

French site JV.com mentioned that Alan Wake was taking place in West Virginia...

Since when Bright Fall moved from Washington to West Virginia ?

SmokyDave

Really looking forward to getting hold of this. So far I've avoided 99.9% of the information out there for this title and I'm eagerly awaiting my first play through. Just need to find a decent deal on the SE version in the UK.

Awesome OP as usual, BruceLeeRoy.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
excited about the game..dont care about reviews. looks damn interesting...and im a stickler for damn interesting

[Nintex]

Maleficence said:
There's building atmosphere, and then there's boring.
You must be one of those guys who thinks The Empire Strikes Back is the worst Star Wars movie because it's the most 'boring' one.

Bru

Dries said:
Where is that page that showed all of Ellie's other reviews?

Just click on Ellie's name at the top of her Eurogamer review. The most recent reviews are:

Facebook Games
Dead or Alive Paradise
Muscle March
Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll
Plants vs Zombies on Iphone
Max and the Magic Marker
Dante's Inferno

Maybe my hype level was too high, but I'm dissapointed.

I'll wait for a price drop.

Bru said:
Just click on Ellie's name at the top of her Eurogamer review. Her most recent reviews are:

Facebook Games
Dead or Alive Paradise
Muscle March
Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll
Plants vs Zombies on Iphone
Max and the Magic Marker
Dante's Inferno

You forgot Wii Dance, something that could lead to some awesome post...

NHale said:
And I thought only PS3 GAF got very defensive after a bad review. This thread proved me wrong. :lol

I didn't notice a bad review.

Oh..., I forgot a 7 is considered as "OMFG DO NOT WANT!" these days.

I'll rent the game. Not because of the reviews but because a certain open world western seems more appealing to me. (Also I hate the trend of DLC 'episodes' getting announced before the release of the main game but that's a different story)

Nevertheless I want to play Alan Wake and I'm looking forward to it.

Fortinbras said:

Did you read the review? It didn't sound like a 7/10, it sound like a "4/10 but I can't give it that note"

Great OP !

That Eurogamer review sold me , i just pre- ordered just to hear that car engine roar ...

Oh..... and the other review scores helped a little :D

Relaxed Muscle said:
Did you read the review? It didn't sound like a 7/10, it sound like a "4/10 but I can't give it that note"

So what? Metacritic junkies only care about the score anyway...

EDIT: I usually like eurogamer reviews but this one sets a news low for them. The reviewer sounds angry for whatever reason.

Bru

Relaxed Muscle said:
Maybe my hype level was too high, but I'm dissapointed.

I'll wait for a price drop.

You forgot Wii Dance, something that could lead to some awesome post...

I just quoted the reviews off the first three pages. I've now spotted Just Dance on page 4..... and that Ellie also gave that a 7. Blimey!

(Is that better? ;-)

NHale

Fortinbras said:

I'm sorry to break this to you, but here on GAF a 7 is a bad review. Just look at the defensive people here trying to defend the game and attacking the reviewer that "dare" to give a 7 to Alan Wake. Pathetic.

Honestly if you want to talk scores for games, a 7 could be good, average or bad depending on the site. A 7 from IGN/Gametrailers is a bad score, a 7 from Eurogamer/GameSpot is average while a 7 from EDGE is a good score.

I'm not worried at all by the 7 given by Eurogamer (I enjoyed lots of games that receive a 7 in EG) but more from the overall reviews by credible sites.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Jtyettis said:
The Scores we have so far put in around 88 which is far from what I would call dissapointing;

You people are out of your goddamned minds. 88 is an EXCELLENT SCORE. I have no real vested interest in this game, but, people, come on.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Totobeni said:

Vinny has commented in QLs before that their capture setup often makes clipping issues that aren't in the game.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Fortinbras said:
So what? Metacritic junkies only care about the score anyway...

Take a deep breath dude, your expending energy defending video game scores on the internet, if you like the game and are happy with the scores then that should be enough, although your defensive posts tell me otherwise.

Arucardo

Brad mentioned on the bombcast that "the game tears like a motherfucker"

EDIT: and I guess I should mention that he said he played it at home on a retail 360.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Arucardo said:
Brad mentioned on the bombcast that "the game tears like a motherfucker"

EDIT: and I guess I should mention that he said he played it at home on a retail 360.

yeah just heard that in the Gaintbombcast :(

From some of these posts it sounds like some of you are not going to be able to handle scores and reviews that are less then stellar for this game. There could be a chance that this game is not awesome as we were led to believe.

If that is the case then this will move from an instant purchase for me to a delayed purchase when there is a price drop.

lowrider007 said:
Take a deep breath dude, your expending energy defending video game scores on the internet, if you like the game and are happy with the scores then that should be enough, although your defensive posts tell me otherwise.

Joke post? Defensive posts? Where exactly? Nothing has changed for me. I've liked what I've seen from the game before and I still like it. I never got the feeling that the game would be GOTY material.

That's my opinion...and that hasn't changed. (Of course it can change once I actually played the game...)

Top Bottom