• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playgrounds |OT| More entertaining & less predicable than the NBA play-offs!

M.W.

Seems the best way to grind is exhibition mode. Set match for 10pts to win and AI on rookie. Can finish games in 30 seconds. Then just hit replay and do it again.

xnE3bmC.jpg

Kawhi, Adams, and Lillard.

v1lla21

Lost my first game to someone playing Chamberlain and Paul George. Opened some packs and pulled Chamberlain and Lillard. Played em online and came back to win the game. 3 seconds on the clock and I hit a 3 and end up winning 33-32

Steph is ridiculous. Pairing him with Bill Walton for defense and rebounding is virtually unstoppable

Once I win all the tournaments I'll try other setups but for cruising through this pairing is OP

So I'm hoping it feels a little deeper once online play becomes available, but for the single player for now is there any reason to not just jack 3's? This was like my 3rd played game ever:

KJU0xta.jpg
Nope. 3's are so easy unless you're up against someone with effective blocking. I hope it gets tweaked in a patch because it's easier rn to score 3's than layups

essenn

The timing is so weird, gonna be hard to put casual players onto this game. Hope they tweak some things because it could be great.

bumpkin

My biggest gripe with the Switch version is that the HD rumble is completely ham like it was day one in Snake Pass. Is it just an UE4 thing? Hopefully Saber includes a tweak/fix for it in the game's first update.

newsguy

Record 6 blocks in a game for gold trophy? Dekembe and Walton up for the challenge. Throwing Wall's garbage all over the Chinese port

Shady859

I'm curious how nuts Curry is after beating all the tourneys just spamming 2 CJ McCollums and shoving instead of building the lottery bar. The hardest game was the final of
shaq and Iverson who both rain constant 4 point 3s and insane D.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Game is pretty broken in single player so far. You just don't miss 3s. Ray Allen + David Robinson. LOL

Edit: Why is the loading this bad?

tmac456

just played a game online against someone using Pippen/KJ

26 steals... many times i could barely get past halfcourt without getting swiped from behind even though he was a full stride back. ridiculous.

that still needs heavy nerfing as does 3pt shooting.

Crash331

My god this game sucks. I will be deleting it and asking Nintendo for a refund. probably won't get it, so that's a $20 mistake. The shooting is terrible. All it says is early or late when the ball touches the basket so you can't judge the timing and it seems like the timing is different for every shot type, and you can never tell which type of shot type you will do.

Also, the AI on rookie seems to do leaping dunks from the 3pt line and never misses.

I'm sure I could spend hours learning how all this works, but it just feels so bad like an old flash game or something with the polish and feel of the controls.

Had some trouble in the Finals of the France playground against Chris Paul and Blake Griffin but I beat them eventually...by 17.

Super fun game, addictive as all hell.

PrinceKee

A bit fuzzy in terms of player models, but totally playable. Gameplay is exactly as good as PS4. I bought it on both haha.

I'm not a graphics whore, but the blurriness might bother me. It did with snake pass on the switch. But, I think I'd get more play out of this game on the switch...

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
My god this game sucks. I will be deleting it and asking Nintendo for a refund. probably won't get it, so that's a $20 mistake. The shooting is terrible. All it says is early or late when the ball touches the basket so you can't judge the timing and it seems like the timing is different for every shot type, and you can never tell which type of shot type you will do.

Also, the AI on rookie seems to do leaping dunks from the 3pt line and never misses.

I'm sure I could spend hours learning how all this works, but it just feels so bad like an old flash game or something with the polish and feel of the controls.

I played for less than an hour and figured it out. It depends on the players you pick too.

I'm trying to decide which version I want between Switch and PS4. Is it worth pulling the trigger on this now, or waiting for updates?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I'm not a graphics whore, but the blurriness might bother me. It did with snake pass on the switch. But, I think I'd get more play out of this game on the switch...

If you're not traveling a ton in the upcoming future, get it on PS, then buy it again on switch when it's on sale one day if you really like it.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
For everyone asking if they should get it for Switch vs. PS4, I have it for both. Here are my impressions.

- Switch online isn't working yet - so if that's a huge deal to you, wait.
- Graphics aren't a huge deal to me, the blurryness isn't horrible. If I had this game only for Switch I wouldn't complain. If it matters to you a ton, get PS4.
- Gameplay is exactly the same. 60 fps on both.
- Loading times are worse on Switch, but they are working patching apparently.

PrinceKee

For everyone asking if they should get it for Switch vs. PS4, I have it for both. Here are my impressions.

- Switch online isn't working yet - so if that's a huge deal to you, wait.
- Graphics aren't a huge deal to me, the blurryness isn't horrible. If I had this game only for Switch I wouldn't complain. If it matters to you a ton, get PS4.
- Gameplay is exactly the same. 60 fps on both.
- Loading times are worse on Switch, but they are working patching apparently.

Thanks I wish there was some comparison shots. I can wait a few days for online play...

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Thanks I wish there was some comparison shots. I can wait a few days for online play...

I'd try it but the Switch screenshot feature has terrible compression and wouldn't do the difference justice. If you're that worried about graphics, then just buy PS4. The thing is though, this is an arcade basketball game...it's all really about the gameplay for this one IMO.

selo

Ok, just bit the bullet on Switch u_u. Man, at first I thought I was only going to buy zelda/mario kart/mario odyssey and have my switch largely unplayed, but I think I've been playing more Switch than my PC (and also bought fast rmx and blaster master zero).

About to play this game in a few mins once its done downloading :D

Bog

Junior Ace
Switch version isn't bad at all, and I'm playing on a 65" 4K OLED. Worth it for portability.

Jagsrock

Banned
Played about 2 hours straight and I'm really liking it. It's simple yet complicated enough to keep things interesting. So far I've onky. Played single player which can be surprisingly challenging. It feels like the perfect fit for the switch despite some of the issues(slight blurryness, load times).It plays pretty much how I expected it too and I can see it being a goto local multiplayer game for me. Glad to have it in my library.

Edit: just played in tv mode and the game looks fine so I guess it's just hand-held that suffers from the blurryness.

Top Bottom