• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I ordered this in FEB, it finally arrived!!!!! (Sorry for the crappy iphone pics)

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

My beautiful screen for my projector fell and smashed into pieces. I decided to go with a Panny 50" 1080p plasma this time around.

IMG_0152.jpg

suffah

Does maths and stuff
rocK` said:
holy shiz, how much for the BM controller?

Just under $400, will have to get a 2 player version next time. I'm very impressed by the build quality!

Markman, I feel your pain re: Book Off. I spend way too many lunches and cash at the stores here in LA.

decon said:
RAPID RELOAD PIC

I remember there being CO-OP in this game, but no no :( Still awesome though.

I got that from the Japanese PSN the other month =D

It was one of the first Psone games I ever saw, sold me on the machine instantly :p

Finally time to replace the old G4 tower...

24" iMac 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme , Airport Extreme and AppleTV
(just got delivered last night, haven't had a chance to set it up at the desk yet).
imac.jpg

My new work machine, MBP (this one I didn't actually buy, supplied by work).
mbp.jpg

Other pick-ups.
dvds.jpg

Forgot to take a picture of: Pinball Hall of Fame Wii.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
MWS Natural said:
Great choice in TV...not so much for sound..

I know the Bravia sound isn't the greatest, but this is in a 10ft by 12ft den. Plus the Bravia receiver was the only one that would fit in my tv stand, so I was limited in my choice. That and my wife won't let have big speakers. With a bit of tweaking it actually sounds quite good though. And yes, the Kuro is simply amazing. The black levels and colors are all very satisfying.

Next year I get to go all out. We're finishing our basement and building a movie theater with projector and 8 ft screen. I'm of course going to get a PS3 going down there as well as a nice 7.1 receiver with high quality speakers etc.

Spike

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword -NDS
Metal Gear Solid Essentials - PS2
Tales of Symphonia - GCN
Skies of Arcadia - GCN
PES 2008 - Wii

May get:

MGS3:S = for the 2nd disc so I can play MG and MG2:SS
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Well I don't have pictures of them but I just ordered my tickets for my 3 week (wilderness) backpacking trip (trekking, bushwalking, tramping...). Going to be in Denali National park, Alaska

blanky

Shiny upgraded xbox (as in got my repaired xbox back in just a week so i'm really happy!)

Anyone care for 1 month of xbl?it's given away

itxaka

Defeatist
NameGenerated said:
88293147fa87.jpg

Once again, sorry for the cell phone quality.
Hopefully one of these can net me some money right before the beta starts :p
Also I finally gave in and Pre-ordered GTA IV, held out as long as I could.

I´ll buy one from you if that doesn´t come over europe.

They give that away with the preorder? What comes in it?

suffah said:
I ordered this in FEB, it finally arrived!!!!! (Sorry for the crappy iphone pics)

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj179/suffah1/IMG_0150.jpg[/IMG]

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj179/suffah1/IMG_0151.jpg[/IMG]

My beautiful screen for my projector fell and smashed into pieces. I decided to go with a Panny 50" 1080p plasma this time around.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj179/suffah1/IMG_0152.jpg[/IMG]

Sweet!!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
april1.jpg

My pick ups so far.

Also, I haven't opened up these headphones yet. Does anyone else use them? Should I keep them? My old pair (the mic anyways) seems to have stopped working, but it could be the mic input on the mobo that's the problem too. =(

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
itxaka said:
I´ll buy one from you if that doesn´t come over europe.

They give that away with the preorder? What comes in it?
Hmm, I'll see. It comes with a beta key for MGO and a DVD that recaps the series (I think, haven't opened either).

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
LiK said:
mana khemia LE, etrian odyssey and avatar seasons 1 & 2

manak.jpg

Its about time you bought Avatar, now I hope you start watching it!!! oh and watch LOST this weekend.

I just got back from Iraq, so I kind of went ape ish. Also, picked up DS3, World Heros Anthology and 9800 GTX and Cooler Master 690 Case.

Haeleos

f52gcg.jpg

Bought it yesterday and have died 6 times already. (err, and I haven't even finished Etrian Odyssey yet.)

drakesfortune said:
I know the Bravia sound isn't the greatest, but this is in a 10ft by 12ft den. Plus the Bravia receiver was the only one that would fit in my tv stand, so I was limited in my choice. That and my wife won't let have big speakers. With a bit of tweaking it actually sounds quite good though. And yes, the Kuro is simply amazing. The black levels and colors are all very satisfying.

Next year I get to go all out. We're finishing our basement and building a movie theater with projector and 8 ft screen. I'm of course going to get a PS3 going down there as well as a nice 7.1 receiver with high quality speakers etc.
Yeah I feel ya man, WAF has hampered more than one HT setup. I'm sure that Kuro is pretty fantastic, I have been thinking of purchasing one when MGS4 releases because I don't think my current HDTV is up to snuff.

senahorse

Here is my pickups so far for April. I got the 360 Arcade as I need a 360 with HDMI for my Kuro when it arrives, will post another pic when it does :D

IMG_09531.jpg

Ilchymis

I just got my Nausicaa Watercolor Art Book today in the mail, and spent the last hour or so thumbing through it. I'm pretty impressed with the build of it, and geeked out to see Miyazaki's crazy criticism of his work ('This piece turned out especially badly').

Also got the first volume of the Nausicaa Manga and Opoona lately. I should take some pictures for GAF once I'm done splurging.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Suddenly I miss my beagle. :(

I can't wait to see her again come August.

And Spiderjericho: Welcome home. Looks like you have a tond of good times ahead.

mgs4.jpg

This thing is fucking crazy:
maxabeam.jpg

maxabeam2.jpg

maxabeam3.jpg

maxabeam4.jpg

That's the bulb when it's turned off after being on for about 10 seconds.

Some sweet gear I'm gonna be working with:

300mm.jpg

cams.jpg

300mm2.jpg

Spiderjericho said:
I just got back from Iraq, so I kind of went ape ish. Also, picked up DS3, World Heros Anthology and 9800 GTX and Cooler Master 690 Case.
Glad to have you back. You deserve atleast a few months of pure gaming:D

Smokey

DSC00560.jpg

Got this today at my Gamestop. Finally. Not having rumble was really bothering me when playing Playstation 3 games.

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

Really starting to grow my Blu-ray selection. The $30 price tag still stings sometimes, although I usually buy on Amazon when I can(I Am Legend for $21 after shipping).

Gran Turismo 5 : Prologue and Grand Theft Auto IV of course are coming before the month is over:D

Bii

2388485623_1a43957469_o.jpg

Justin Timberlake: FutureSex/LoveShow - Live from Madison Square Garden (Blu-Ray)

Also bought but not pictured on the Wii's VC:
Gunstar Heroes
Paper Mario
Harvest Moon

And preordered MGS4: Limited Edition.

neoapr1.jpg

Two of my all time favorite games have been increasingly difficult to get running properly on my PC, so I got the versions that I know won't stop working. Before I joined GAF I didn't even now they existed.

neoapr2.jpg

Finished this a few days ago, and it was a great. It's really short though, so I'm glad I bought a cheap used copy.

neoapr3-1.jpg

neoapr3-2.jpg

neoapr3-3.jpg

Even though it's my least favorite Final Fantasy soundtrack, I thought it was kinda cool. It's a limited edition signed by Nobou Uematsu.

neoapr4.jpg

I also got a few Owen Pallett albums.

Top Bottom