• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Picked this one up today. Cost are mere $350 and is in pretty good condition. The sound didn't work to start with but thats cos someone had disconnected it but its all good now. The coin slot doesn't work (it works but doesn't register) so you just wack the credit buttons on the inside.

The plan is to restore it to 100% like new condition and either completely rip out what is in there and put a MAME computer with a ton of new games and a new screen (but yeh that will take a bit)

The game inside of it is Mr Do!, released in 1982 by Universal the game is essentailly Dig Dug/Mr Driller clone but its really cool as you have a ball you can shoot out as well that follows the paths.

Check out some pics...

arcade1.jpg

arcade2.jpg

arcade3.jpg

arcade4.jpg

Anyone wants to come play, bring your 20c peices :p

SaitoH

VOOK said:
Picked this one up today. Cost are mere $350 and is in pretty good condition. The sound didn't work to start with but thats cos someone had disconnected it but its all good now. The coin slot doesn't work (it works but doesn't register) so you just wack the credit buttons on the inside.

The plan is to restore it to 100% like new condition and either completely rip out what is in there and put a MAME computer with a ton of new games and a new screen (but yeh that will take a bit)

The game inside of it is Mr Do!, released in 1982 by Universal the game is essentailly Dig Dug/Mr Driller clone but its really cool as you have a ball you can shoot out as well that follows the paths.

Anyone wants to come play, bring your 20c peices :p

Mr Do! rawks! Great find, I'm jealous.

decon

IMG_0050copycopy.jpg

Three games in 2 weeks, it's been long since I've actually spend that much money on games in such a short period of time.

crispyben said:
You sir have good taste. What's the CD on the right? I own He Poos Cloud and Has A Good Home, but not that one...
It's "Whore Luck" from Picastro. Owen and parts of Xiu Xiu are featured on it.

marwan

Banned
newgames.jpg

i still didn't finish DMC4, NO More Heroes, Smash bros Brawl, Bioshock, Orange Box, Crysis, PGR4, and ton's more....but i buy stuff to make sure i won't forget the AA titles when more shit comes up....and no i'm not the type that stacks up sealed unplayed games.

Costanza

Banned
34pi4vk.jpg

Not pictured: Metal Gear Solid for GBC, another MGS Saga 2 disc and I have the original Portable Ops on it's way from Amazon.

Costanza said:
Not pictured: Metal Gear Solid for GBC, another MGS Saga 2 disc and I have the original Portable Ops on it's way from Amazon.

Damn, you must really like Metal Gear now.

play MGS on GBC first before the PSP games.

Solideliquid said:
[/IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/mmzynp.jpg[/IMG]

Will pick up GTA IV this month and maybe Grand Turismo for PS3.
WTF @ that splinter cell box.

mine is kinda grey, and has him walking away from an explosion in the bottom left hand corner. Did they release a different boxart between canada and the US, or change the boxart at some point?

Costanza

Banned
Linkzg said:
Damn, you must really like Metal Gear now.

play MGS on GBC first before the PSP games.
I wish I got into it 10 years ago :(

MGS GBC seems to have not aged well. I don't really see myself going through it.

flunkie4455 said:
Why didn't you get silver, Costanza? ;)
1( it's sorta ugly
2( I'd played Daxter already
3( Circuit City had a 2GB MS Pro Duo for 24.99
4( I own Family Guy on DVD

Costanza

Banned
flunkie4455 said:
Those are very good reasons.

I still think it looks better than black, though. :p
Dude, the silver kinda looks like it has glitter on it. I'd probably have gotten it if it was just plain grey, but it's wayyyyy too shiny.

Too bad the white one didn't get released over here. (no I don't want darth vader on the back of my psp)

SIP YEK NOD said:
WTF @ that splinter cell box.

mine is kinda grey, and has him walking away from an explosion in the bottom left hand corner. Did they release a different boxart between canada and the US, or change the boxart at some point?

I spotted it tonight at the gamespot while picking up MGS saga bonus DVD. It is a LE, the box has a red slip cover and under it you see Sam's face with red overlay of his night vision gear. Pretty cool for about $15 with Edge card.

Costanza said:
Dude, the silver kinda looks like it has glitter on it. I'd probably have gotten it if it was just plain grey, but it's wayyyyy too shiny.

Too bad the white one didn't get released over here. (no I don't want darth vader on the back of my psp)

It is awfully sparkly.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
So many people with the Saga disc and Boston still does not have it. Well hopefully it'll be in on Monday.

inner-G

Banned
flunkie4455 said:
Those are very good reasons.

I still think it looks better than black, though. :p
It's kinda subjective, but I prefer the Black.

It matches my PS3, DSLite, and the Black just looks more like a cool piece of technology, imo.

Flunkie

Banned
Maggot9 said:
you totally tried to take a cool angle photo and failed, miserably.
I know. Totally.

Plus the big dust spec.. lol.

inner-G said:
It's kinda subjective, but I prefer the Black.

It matches my PS3, DSLite, and the Black just looks more like a cool piece of technology, imo.
I, at first, hated the silver. I thought black was the best, and you couldn't get any better than that. I saw one out in public once, and it (for some reason) totally changed my mind about the silver. I think the main reason is that it hides fingerprints way better.

Red Scarlet

Pretty good weekend for me, I got SF Anniversary for PS2 for $7.50 and F-Zero GX for $15 today and yesterday. So I've gotten about 13 or so games the past 2 months or so, which is pretty good considering I usually get about 2-3 a year. The game thumb from SF3/Hyper was free. :(

inner-G

Banned
flunkie4455 said:
I know. Totally.

Plus the big dust spec.. lol.

I, at first, hated the silver. I thought black was the best, and you couldn't get any better than that. I saw one out in public once, and it (for some reason) totally changed my mind about the silver. I think the main reason is that it hides fingerprints way better.
My brother has the Silver one, It's alright, but I likes my black! :D

I saw a cool PSP mod though, that had the light-colored buttons from the Silver one in the Black case. It was damn sexy!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
2391701302_c026f62574.jpg

Picked these up at Fry's Electronics earlier this week. Sammo Hung's Eastern Condors and Obscure: The Aftermath (Wii)... I was a big fan of the first Obscure game on PS2/Xbox. Co-op survival horror go!

I went to Book Off again earlier tonight...

2391701096_3bb993687f.jpg

Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 - $19.00 - Love this game..

Strikers 1945 I & II - $7.00 - LOVED this game too... Played it all the time at a local Mexican food shop back when I was in high school...

My Lucky Stars ^_^

2391701548_6a3c9ca1e8.jpg

And a bunch of $1 CDs from Book Off.... Bleach, One Piece, and Haruhi stuff...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Awesome! I opened up the Strikers 1945 I & II and it came with a Taito DVD feature on Strikers 1945 ! Woo...

Today's Pick Up Additions:

2390882041_4c90b8bc44_b.jpg

Kite Liberator, and Samurai Deeper Kyo w/ GBA Game.

2390883973_4bc7272633_b.jpg

Elfen Lied, and Evangelion Platinum Complete Collection.

kairu

M1 Army Helmet (and angry face to go with it)
crumhelm-245x300.jpg

Metal Gear Saga 2.0
img_0948-500x375.jpg

Red Nintendo DS
Elite Beat Agents (DS)
Phantom Hourglass (DS)
Dual Shock 3 (PS3)

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
neojubei said:
Awesome TV Router, Samsung is the way to go.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Samsung. I did get a Sony LCD last year but I hated it. Switched back to Samsung last month and love it.

DEM0NWOLF said:
JVC's Surround Sound Headphone Adapter SU-DH1

2390135753_8f69f3f5bc.jpg

One of the best pick ups in this thread. Good work!

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Complete X-Files "

I don't even want to know how much that costs. :lol

They were selling them for $20 a season here in Toronto. I picked up the whole thing.

I do want to know what is on that special edition of the movie though.

"They were selling them for $20 a season here in Toronto. I picked up the whole thing.

I do want to know what is on that special edition of the movie though."

Ah, that's not bad then. I was imagining normal dvd season prices. :lol

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"They were selling them for $20 a season here in Toronto. I picked up the whole thing.

I do want to know what is on that special edition of the movie though."

Ah, that's not bad then. I was imagining normal dvd season prices. :lol

Most are actually down to ~20 bucks. walmart has shittons of box sets for 20 bucks.

SIP YEK NOD said:
Most are actually down to ~20 bucks. walmart has shittons of box sets for 20 bucks.

Futureshop and HMV recently raised them back up to $49.99 for some reason. Apparently when they reordered them from the distributor they cost more. You can definitely still find them in the wild for $20 though.

"Most are actually down to ~20 bucks. walmart has shittons of box sets for 20 bucks."

Walmarts by me don't carry them and everyone else has them full price except for the first 2 or 3 seasons.

inner-G

Banned
n8NMONSTER said:
Today's Pick Up Additions:

Kite Liberator, and Samurai Deeper Kyo w/ GBA Game.

Elfen Lied, and Evangelion Platinum Complete Collection.
BB had ridiculous deals on those, right? I grabbed the Kyo one, but my store didn't have the Elfen Lied one.

~Nyu :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
^^ Check Best Buy again, most BB stores have restocked late last night (Friday)...

And yea they're all 50% off the sticker price...

I was with n8nmonster when he bought those, he's such a sucker :p !

Although, I would have purchased the Robotech complete collection if it hadn't been for that crushed box it was in X_X

"^^ Check Best Buy again, most BB stores have restocked late last night (Friday)...

And yea they're all 50% off the sticker price...

I was with n8nmonster when he bought those, he's such a sucker :p !

Although, I would have purchased the Robotech complete collection if it hadn't been for that crushed box it was in X_X"

Wait is it 50% off of any animes or? And is this Canada or US?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Not sure if it is going on in Canada sorry. Here are all the box sets that are 50% off...

Tokko (The Complete Series) - $12.99
Elfen Lied (The Complete Series) - $15.99
Noein (The Complete Series) - $17.99
Dragonball Z (Season Four) - $19.99
Mars Day Break - $19.99
Full Metal Alchemist (Season 2 - Part 2) - $19.99
Neon Genesis Evangellion (Platinum Collection; Cardboard Sleeve) - $28.99
Samurai Deeper Kyo (The Complete Series) - $29.99 +Includes the GBA game
ROBOTECH (Protoculture Collection - 21 Discs) - $37.49

Top Bottom