• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Blackface

Banned
4knuwb6.jpg

I bought that, and the THX Digital Optical cable next to it. I also bought the TV stand it's on, a new computer desk and I will be re-wiring my entire media room with my cousin (electrician) so I have 16 Ethernet jacks built into my baseboard connected to a router in my closet. However, since my camera flash is sucking (as you can see) I have to wait till it's light out to take pictures of the rest.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
neojubei said:
Sup Tiduz,
Nope, this isnt the 15,000:1 ratio TV, I could not afford that one, damn amazon raised the price of it. So i settled with the 4061F with a 10,000:1 ratio.

Ah, I hate to be a bearer of bad news but the 4065F was just lowered on Amazon to $1575 (lower than even the previously lowest price before they raised it again for some reason). I know because I just ordered it a couple of days ago and paid $1743 but luckily Amazon has a price guarantee so I emailed them about giving me my refund :D

- The biggest purchase is the 42" Plasma Hitachi HDTV that I got. Can go up to 1080i.

- Then I got and HD-DVD player for the 360, Came with King Kong and I snet off for the deal to get 5 free HD-DVDs. I ended up going with Apollo 13, Blazing Saddles, Casablanca, The Perfect Storm, and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.

- 300 HD-DVD version (whats with everyone getting the blu-ray version? I was told this was the better because of the picture in picture deal)

- Dead Rising

tmaynard

alr1ghtstart said:
see's a wii and a ps2...

I have too many hobbies. All of which are expensive. I'll have a PS3 by the end of the year though :)

Plus, PS2 on component on an HDTV is much much nicer than I thought it would be.

augustpickup1.jpg

Mario Strikers Charged and the 300 Blu-Ray.

augustpickup2.jpg

And last night I just picked up the most beastly CRT ever made, the Sony 24" GDM-FW900, with professional calibration. Apparently, Pixar, Lucasarts, ILM, and the company that made 300 uses these monitors for 3D rendering and its color accuracy. It's fucking beautiful... Needless to say, it does well as a secondary gaming monitor too. :D

augustpickup3.jpg

It's also 92 lbs. :lol

xcomp

Got my PAL copy of Trauma Center Second Opinion 2 days before the street date! Glad I pre-ordered with 1st class postage :D

Mario Strikers been fun except I'm rubbish at it online...

auggamesxs0.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
404Ender said:
Ah, I hate to be a bearer of bad news but the 4065F was just lowered on Amazon to $1575 (lower than even the previously lowest price before they raised it again for some reason). I know because I just ordered it a couple of days ago and paid $1743 but luckily Amazon has a price guarantee so I emailed them about giving me my refund :D

Yea i saw that but there isn't a big difference between the 61 and 65 except for the contrast ratio and gloss oh and that light.

gamerx said:
blu-ray.img
5 free Blu-Ray Movies and 300.

I'm glad Pearl Harbor was free for you. I disliked that movie so much because it was so cheesy and just shit all over any WW2 history I ever learned. Plus it had Ben Afleck (another bad thing).

Off topic a little, but anyone ever have to watch the educational series with Ben Afleck called "Voyage of the Mimi" back in middle school?

Sagitario

Pharmacy said:
woah did you use a camera to take those photos??????

if so they're really good dude *high five*

It's a magic camera... FROM THE FUTURE!
... that takes pictures of fan made boxarts too...
818omg.jpg

Leonsito

cvxfreak said:
They deliver to the US?

Umf, I was looking in the help, it seems that they only deliver to:

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Cyprus
Denmark
England
Finland
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Greenland
Guernsey
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Jersey
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
Netherlands
Northern Ireland
Norway
San Marino
Scotland
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
Vatican
Wales

But I'm from Spain, I can order it and sent it to you if you want.

DoctorWho said:
I saw one for $79 CAN and it didn't come with the box. I passed but I'm still tempted to get one.

Just for Nights, or with a Saturn? I gave a guy $40 in Microsoft Points (which I bought for $20), then I gave him $20 in cash after I got it cuz I felt bad. That's for everything pictured.

AdmiralViscen said:
Just for Nights, or with a Saturn? I gave a guy $40 in Microsoft Points (which I bought for $20), then I gave him $20 in cash after I got it cuz I felt bad. That's for everything pictured.

I'm talking about the Saturn. Didn't see Nights anywhere. Damn, that is a great deal!

cvxfreak

Leonsito said:
Umf, I was looking in the help, it seems that they only deliver to:

But I'm from Spain, I can order it and sent it to you if you want.

Thank you! If I don't see a deal on Ebay sometime soon, I'll give you a head's up. :)

.hacked

Alpha_eX said:
How's the BECK DVD? One of my favorite anime series, was thinking of importing it.

so far it is pretty good, they drop the who engrish angel of the story for the dub but the songs work well. The japanese track is good too :D

Just picked up 300 on Blu-Ray and Virtua Tennis 3. Probably picking up The Spirits Within on Blu-Ray soon, and maybe Glory Days 2. (lolz)

Octagon

Got so much this month but i can't take any picutres bc my cam is broken.

Games:
Taiko no Tatsujin DS
Yoshis Island DS
Wonder Boy in Monster World Collection (PS2)

DVDs:
NANA 2 special Edition
Fantastic Children 3
Hinotori 1

And more is still on its way to me. Will hopefully update with pictures.

SP_A0013.jpg

Thats a JP Saturn pad, Albert Odyssey, Grandia, Mina-no Golf 5 and Weeds season 1 & 2 on blu-ray. Also, i've got these Saturn games ordered from ebay - they just haven't turned up yet;

AJPW
Astal
Battle Garegga
Burning Rangers
Daytona USA CE
Donpachi
Dodonpachi
Fire Pro Wrestling S
Ghen War
Legend of Oasis
Manx TT
Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Metal Slug
Night Warriors - Darkstalkers Revenge
PowerSlave
Real Bout Fatal Fury Collection
Samurai Sprits III
Shinobi X
Street Fighter Collection
Street Fighter Zero 3
Xmen Children of the Atom
Xmen vs Street Fighter

metroid23

pf9.jpg

Originally this was a DM1 inside a Percussion Freaks 4th body, now it's a Percussion Freaks 9th inside a 4th, however, I hope to soon restore it to it's original glory with a DM 1st marquee and then we'll be all set :) (just got a V3 this morning... :D)

And although this was technically last months, I upgraded Pop N Music 3 to Pop n Music FEVER.

livingroom.jpg

Top Bottom