• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

Daigoro

i just PM'd my opponents for this week and am eagerly awaiting replies.

ive changed my formation and tactics a fair bit. still got osme tweaking to do, but im liking it. just got the xbox back from the wife after the weekend too, so i should be around a fair bit getting in some much needed practice.

lets get some games in tonight if anyone is around folks.

im glad people are keeping up and getting their games in. its fun when people put in the effort.

Magicked

I picked up Fallout 3, but fortunately for my FIFA skills, I have yet to play it.

Not that my skills have really improved...

Tf53

I'm done for the week. Sevilla continued their good form and beat Bayern Munchen 3-0. I got really lucky with my scoring. Cjelly had three or four really good scoring chances, but even the goal posts were on my side. Good game, man!

Edit: Kanouté continues to fight for the top spot!

Fifty

Find a picture for your leading goal scorer and copy/paste the url into his player profile! No blank pictures allowed on the main page. :D

Oh, and I can't wait until Portsmouth plays his 3rd and 4th games. Come on people..don't let him score 5-6 goals against you!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just one quick recommendation: If you disconnect, you should enter stats to the best of your ability. No overestimating obviously, and no man of the match. BUT the reason I think it's important is b/c I'm noticing if you don't enter stats it really messes up some of your averages. For example, Daigoro it says your Poss. % is like 20% or something just b/c you got disconned that match. % is the hardest to estimate, but if you don't have a basis what I'd suggest is to just do 50/50.

Daigoro

woo hoo! Liverpool 1-1 Revs.

GG roodster. that almost felt like a win for me though. i played so fucking hard.

early goal by Liverpool cuting up my defense like butter. i put up my tactic bar to aggressive, i just played every tackle hard, had a shitload of crosses in that came oh so close, Ralston scores off of a corner scramble in the box (beautifull) and one BULLSHIT offsides call against me when i had 2 men in the box in hte 90th minute. that was outrageous.

i actually had Liverpool on the back heel for those last 5 minutes or so.

whew. im spent.

Magicked

I've had some bullshit offsides calls myself. The kind where the red bar is clearly behind the yellow bar on the replay! Adds some drama though. :lol

Daigoro

yeah it was exciting for sure. i was ranting like a loon.

well i made a post game report and posted it on leaguedaddy. (hope you dont mind Roodster).

looking at the stats it looks like that was both Rood and my best league game to date. we didnt speak during the game, but is a nice guy and very gracious after the game. allways cool. GG Rood.

now Toronto is up next! uh-oh.

i sent you a FR on Live Shinobi. lets see how i fair against this seasons best MLS side.

a side note: Tf53 and I still cant connect for an online game in any way shape or form. dunno wtf it is, but we just even connect for a private chat. our routers must hate eachother.

Larsen B

Goonyboy came flying out of the blocks and this really took me by surprise.

I'm not going to claim that the difference in team quality was as much of a difference as his personal skill, but the speed and height of his strikers just meant he would really punish any mistake I made.

My players seemed to make loads of mistakes though, with regards to control and reaction time, which is something I've noticed in other games when you're playing a much higher rated team. Maybe it's supposed to be a mental representation of how nervous a smaller team would be?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nice write-ups dudes. larsen b for a second i thought that you were goony's THIRD blowout victim there.

woodchuck

mls division is really taking it to the elite clubs. i play ajax next. i hope a similar upset doesn't happen. i need all the points i can get after choking to real madrid.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I am going to rain holy hell down upon my next MLS opponent, that I can promise. I also have a massive amount of karmic realignment coming my way so I expect a minimum of three off-the-post goals.

Larsen B

AstroLad said:
nice write-ups dudes. larsen b for a second i thought that you were goony's THIRD blowout victim there.

Haha.

Not the third and definitely not the last. I don't look forward to the rematch...

Fifty

Hey! Portsmouth! What's taking so long for you to play your 2nd week games? Are you searching for more CHEAT CODES? Did you misplace your Gameshark? I know it's fun to read about cheesy tactics on the Underground FIFA Forums, but you've got to put the pen and paper down and play! You're my #1 rival, so act like it!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fifty said:
Hey! Portsmouth! What's taking so long for you to play your 2nd week games? Are you searching for more CHEAT CODES? Did you misplace your Gameshark? I know it's fun to read about cheesy tactics on the Underground FIFA Forums, but you've got to put the pen and paper down and play! You're my #1 rival, so act like it!

My brother said when he played you a couple of your players were invisible (he always gets this bug for whatever reason; maybe he needs to update his GPU) SO MAYBE YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS CHEAT!

Fifty

Ugh, I don't know what's up with that. I've had it happen multiple times against you, Astrosad. It's really frustrating, because the person suffering from it becomes paranoid and of course has a major disadvantage. It's like Jaws, except on a football pitch. You never know when that guy will strike. My #1 fear (besides becoming a soulless pauper like Portsmouth's owner) is having that bizarre glitch in a league game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You know how PES/WE had those form indicators and guys would play a little better or worse in different games. Well invisible players you just have to take it as a couple of your players too LSD and they can play but they just be trippin'. That's how I suspend my disbelief.

Roxas

Fifty said:

:lol

Hopefully playing N.A tonight..maybe in an hour or so.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A gives me unlimited stamina, right?

N.A

Banned
Roxas said:

Hopefully playing N.A tonight..maybe in an hour or so.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A gives me unlimited stamina, right?

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with Crouch.

FF_VIII

Banned
N.A said:

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with Crouch.

158349658_l.jpg

"Sweep the leg."

Ajay1986

Me and Feral played our Week 4 match (Villarreal Vs Juventus) i won it 3-0. Got an early penalty and Feral had a player sent off.

woodchuck

about the invisible players, i had this happen to me once also. the invisible players were the ones that were the subs.

did you guys find any way to fix it? like pausing the game for a certain amount of time or if a cutscene occurred?

also wonder if it has something to do with Adidas live season. I haven't subscribed to it. maybe the invisible thing occurs between those who have it and those who don't?

does the adidas live season even affect the leagues?

N.A

Banned
Sorry guys I couldn't contain him.

Portsmouth 8 - 3 Nottingham Forest

The game had everything. An own goal, a penalty, a sending off. I knew it was going to be a good game when it was 1-1 with only 4 minutes on the clock :lol .

Crouch is an absolute bastard to defend against, every time I tackled him it seemed to go straight back to him. I hit the bar twice and it was a close game up until the sending off. (It was 2-2 at one point then 5-2 then 5-3 then up to 8-3.

woodchuck

while all the hype has been surrounding manchester united and portsmouth, villareal has quietly amassed 9 points in 3 games without conceding a goal.

it's too bad villareal doesn't play portsmouth in the regular season....although i could alter the schedule a bit.

jesus christ. 8 goals :lol

Roxas

insane game. 3 goals in first 5 minutes. Could of been really different if he didnt have a player sent off when the score was 3-2 (i think)

Fifty

Are you guys playing outside of the league, on the easiest difficulty? Crouch isn't that good.. Maybe it's because the teams Portsmouth is facing have horrible D. Still....8 goals... You shouldn't score that much against the CPU.

Fifty

lulz..both of his strikers had hat tricks. I give up. Sorry Rooney! Your 4 goal game won't cut it against constant hat tricks. *sobs*

woodchuck

Fifty said:
Are you guys playing outside of the league, on the easiest difficulty? Crouch isn't that good.. Maybe it's because the teams Portsmouth is facing have horrible D. Still....8 goals... You shouldn't score that much against the CPU.

maybe YOU shouldn't score that much against the cpu, but it's pretty clear portsmouth is one or two notches above your precious manchester united

N.A

Banned
I can't believe I conceded 8 goals but technically it's the best result against Portsmouth so far, once you look at goals scored (the others were 6-1 & 6-0).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fyi guys you CANNOT play your matches in Arena Mode. Even if you both play at the same time and use a timer.

Daigoro

N.A said:
I can't believe I conceded 8 goals but technically it's the best result against Portsmouth so far, once you look at goals scored (the others were 6-1 & 6-0).

good point. it sounded like a wide open game though. damn! 8 goals.

so if i played them it would be like 19-0?! unreal.

everyone is using semi/manual settings not auto right? :p

woodchuck

N.A said:

you might get a boost in the power rankings for that moral victory

Roxas

Daigoro said:
Goonboy says that the final score didnt reflect the game itself, but 29 shots - 21 on target?! come on.

Really. Most of them shots came after he had his guy sent off. I have no doubt that if he was a better team (Forest are only 2 stars), it would've been a lot lot lot closer.

N.A

Banned
Daigoro said:
Goonboy says that the final score didnt reflect the game itself, but 29 shots - 21 on target?! come on.

He is extremely good at making the most of his chances and seems to have the shooting mechanics nailed.

The game itself was end to end until the sending off and possession was 50-50.

Ajay1986

I'd quite like a little mid season friendly against Portsmouth. :lol
Queue me getting my arse handed to me.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Hmm, just lost connection to FF VIII, and know he's gone offline. :-/

Don't think it was anything my end, because EA gave me the game 0-3. :lol

FF_VIII

Banned
cjelly said:
Hmm, just lost connection to FF VIII, and know he's gone offline. :-/

Don't think it was anything my end, because EA gave me the game 0-3. :lol

I can't get online now :(

It said lost connection with player then signed me out of XBL, can't sign in anymore, wtf? :(

Shinobi

AstroLad said:
I am going to rain holy hell down upon my next MLS opponent, that I can promise. I also have a massive amount of karmic realignment coming my way so I expect a minimum of three off-the-post goals.

:lol Glad I'm already done with ya...

Thank God Portsmouth isn't on my fixture schedule...will defintely have to play 'em in a friendly or two though, just to witness this power first hand. :lol

I was supposed to play Daigoro last night, but I didn't get home till late and of course I had to take a gander at the election coverage. We'll defintely squeeze the game in tonight though.

Top Bottom