• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

woodchuck

woodchuck said:
Matches 5 and 6 are now open. go go go

Games still needing to be played:

Match 3
AC Milan at Chelsea
Villarreal at Osasuna
Sunderland at Bristol City

Match 4
Manchester City at Real Madrid
Schalke 04 at Chelsea
AS Roma at Valencia
Hamburg SV at Sunderland

just so it's on the new page.

and barcelona out of the top 10! oh snap.

and looks like villareal play inter milan next. should be a good match.

Tf53

Feral Youth & Kobashi:

I'm available on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Please PM me your preferred times. I hope Sevilla's good form continues. :)

Gowans

unlucky larson!

You atleast deserved a goal.

Scraped my first win :D

now to see if dkwhip pops online for my 4th game.

itxaka

Defeatist
Ajay1986 said:
Me and itxaka just played, i won 3-0. Good game overall not that many chances in the end.

Damn man, I only took my stats! I forgot we were playing on my home D:

Do you took your stats rigth? Can you pass them to me so I can input them?

Sorry man :(

woodchuck

Ajay1986 said:
I've got the match stats and have entered them myself, doesn't really matter that i entered them does it?

thanks.

it shouldn't matter who enters them. we just want consistency, and we feel having the home team enter them is the best way to go.

itxaka

Defeatist
Ajay1986 said:
I've got the match stats and have entered them myself, doesn't really matter that i entered them does it?

thanks, I was worried. Can you PM them to me so I can enter both of them?

BTW good match, too quick on me the fisrt minutes, you totally break my play at the start (Plus the goal that bouncend in my GK, lol )

Tf53

Feral Youth said:
The Old Lady has awoken!!!

Just managed to beat Larson B 2-1 via a dodgy penalty.
I'm glad there's an extra day before our match, so you have time to lose your form. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg Daigoro. Heartbreaker. You know it's FIFA when both players are alternating at cursing the game throughout. I feel like I'm getting worse week by week so I think I'm gonna put down the game until next Sunday. :lol.

Daigoro

it worked for me, i played better today than i have in most of my past games.

complete fuck up on mya part to give the ball away in my half in the 89 minute though. i know exactly what i did wrong: i didnt realize it was in my half first of all (brain fart), and i just did a little rinky dink short pass that was easily intercepted like 15 yards from my area. sooooooo fucking dumb. if i had just booted it they probably wouldve blow the whistle.

a really poor mistake that deserved to get score on. too bad i played so well for 90 minutes and then had to do that crap.

GG Astro! its allways fun. even if this one was frustrating for both of us.

hopeyou got the stats, i froze up as soon as the game ended and didnt even see them. who was MOTM?

fake edit: oh i see you entered the stats. yo double check though. you reversed the goal scoring periods. check the stats out. thanks.

Daigoro

i entered Twellmans goal. the only player stat i knew. i think that was it though.

i also left a post game commentary that should sum up both of our feelings about the game.

(wtf trying to edit posts on GAF can be really fucking annoying, wierd shit going on here)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Got it!

Five more hours to play/enter your games before you get booted everyone. Have a pretty long list right now unfortunately.

woodchuck

Matches needing to be played:

Match 3
AC Milan at Chelsea

Match 4
Schalke 04 at Chelsea
AS Roma at Valencia
Hamburg SV at Sunderland

Games needing to be entered:
Match 3 Sunderland at Bristol City

woodchuck

4 and a half hours left!

not sure why i'm posting this here. some of you guys don't seem to check this thread or post in it anyway

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Just played against fivehorizons pulled out the win, thanks to a free kick from pirlo from 30 yards out 3-2...........i put in my player stats but havnt seen him put in the match stats since he was home...i have stats though written down as well

woodchuck

add me to the list that fell to Shinobi and Toronto FC ....1-0

:(

i couldn't get past his defense. and with the chances i had, i choked in front of goal. i think benzema was jetlagged from the trip to toronto

woodchuck said:
4 and a half hours left!

not sure why i'm posting this here. some of you guys don't seem to check this thread or post in it anyway
I check it everyday. Dont worry, me and fivehorizons are about to play.

woodchuck

SNUG REVOL said:
I check it everyday. Dont worry, me and fivehorizons are about to play.

ok sweet.

looks like NA is all set then.

but in the eu conference: FF8, dk, gowans, and level 8 boss all have a match to play.

and larsen b has to enter the stats for his match with sunderland

woodchuck

ChrisGoldstein said:
Just played against fivehorizons pulled out the win, thanks to a free kick from pirlo from 30 yards out 3-2...........i put in my player stats but havnt seen him put in the match stats since he was home...i have stats though written down as well

he'll probably enter the stats later . he's playing his match with snug revol right now

Shinobi

woodchuck said:
i couldn't get past his defense. and with the chances i had, i choked in front of goal. i think benzema was jetlagged from the trip to toronto

:lol

I think a key for my side is the size of my keeper, Greg Sutton...he's 6'6 with a really long wingspan, and even though he's probably only a second or third tier keeper, the extra size helps to reduces the shooting areas. I think that's why everyone's been struggling against me on breakaways.

I'm pretty proud of my defensive record, and enjoy playing it as much as going forward. I sorta have a system I use to minimize potential trouble, and with the overall team speed being far from that of the top sides, it ends up being a constant challenge.

Sooner or later my luck will come to an end...my net has basically been living a charmed life so far.

Fifty

Magickd and I played a good game..twice. Our first game was 2-1 Man U (Columbus scored on United! With a man down!) with 25 minutes left, when it disconnected. So we did a new, 25 minute long game and I managed to save a (would-be) tying PK, and then I got a goal on the other end. Unfortunate for Columbus, but he put up a hell of a fight.

Magicked

Fifty said:
Magickd and I played a good game..twice. Our first game was 2-1 Man U (Columbus scored on United! With a man down!) with 25 minutes left, when it disconnected. So we did a new, 25 minute long game and I managed to save a (would-be) tying PK, and then I got a goal on the other end. Unfortunate for Columbus, but he put up a hell of a fight.

Was definitely a hell of a game. I accidentally did a slide tackle as I switched players, which ended up taking down Ronaldo from behind in the penalty area. Straight red. :(

And that was definitely a great penalty save on the other end! I couldn't believe it when that happened, because I had actually taken a shot right before you did the tackle!:lol

woodchuck

1 more hour for:

dk
FFVIII
Gowans
Level 8 Boss

then it's adios.

and larsen B: please enter the stats for your game with Sunderland when you get the chance

See, we don't want to be this harsh, but it's just two matches in one week. they've been posting on gaf and they've been on live. they've had a week to get this done. for a league to be successful, people have to be committed. it's just 30 minutes of playing the game + 5 minutes of entering stats per week.

we would be lenient if they posted that they've been busy or if something came up. but they haven't posted in the thread letting us know what's going on even when they've been on gaf.

if they don't make it, we'll figure out the new schedules or we can have different substitutes that can volunteer to play as the missing team.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who actually did play all their games on time.

itxaka

Defeatist
Im pretty sure I saw Level 8 boss connected like 8 hours ago when playing my game.

Maybe he forgot the stats? no idea.

dk_

Couldn't make it on Sunday, I'm sorry.

Since it was my fault, couldn't the match be counted as 3-0 against me and I can continue?

Larsen B

Just entered the stats for the game against Gowans. Sorry for the slight delay guys. I don't have the opportunity to enter the stats at the weekend but I'll always do them first thing Monday morning!

I could not buy a goal against Sunderland, at all. I had 3 one-on-ones with the keeper and missed them all. I just knew it wasn't going to be my day.

Went straight into the game with the Old Lady afterwards and I wasn't feeling good. Just like with Werder, I managed to scrape a lucky goal against the run of play (Nicky Maynard is my only form player) and then spent 80 minutes defending. A great goal from Cameronesi and a horrific penalty decision (took out my own player, barely moved their striker) sealed my fate. A just win for Feral but I wouldn't have minded the draw.

After an opening day victory, I've now lost every single game at home. This will not end well.

Gowans

dk_ said:
Couldn't make it on Sunday, I'm sorry.

Since it was my fault, couldn't the match be counted as 3-0 against me and I can continue?

can we do it now? Tonight?

Whats happened?

:(?

ChrisGoldstein said:

Sorry bud I forgot about home team keeps the stats I havent been home team and the winner always did it. I put in my player stats though

AndresON777

shooting blanks
fivehorizons said:
Sorry bud I forgot about home team keeps the stats I havent been home team and the winner always did it. I put in my player stats though

I got the stats written down at home I can add them tonight, working late though

dk_

Gowans007 said:
can we do it now? Tonight?

Whats happened?

:(?
I was gone over the weekend and couldn't make it back in time. Tonight won't work either. :-/ Just type in 3-0 for you or simulate the game until you win and enter the stats. If that's ok for the mods...

woodchuck

ok guys. since you posted in the thread...

we're giving you guys a two-day extension to play your match 3 and 4. this is a one time thing. you must play your games by Tuesday, Nov 11th at 11:59 pm EST

you'll still have to finish your match 5 and 6 by Nov 16th 11:59 pm est

if you're having scheduling problems, are really busy, are going out of town, let us know! we can't do anything if we don't know what's going on.

if you guys can't play tuesday either, can anyone sub for hamburg? we don't want to give people free wins since that's not fair to other players.

you'll have to create a custom unranked match - 7 minute halves. don't worry about the hamburg player stats. just the team stats are enough.

dk_

Thanks woodchuck.

I actually pm'ed gowans and wrote him over Xbox Live that our match can be played tonight after all.

I'm hoping for the best.

woodchuck said:
if you're having scheduling problems, are really busy, are going out of town, let us know! we can't do anything if we don't know what's going on.[/B]
I informed gowans that the only option was Sunday and I was sure that I could make it. Next time, I try to play my matches earlier to avoid last minute schedule difficulties.

woodchuck

nevermind. looks like level 7 boss and ff8 are playing their match now.

also, for future reference for everyone, let me or astrolad or post in the thread to let us know if you're going to be very busy or going out of town or something. that way, we can try to get a substitute for the game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
you can also ask to play certain games early if you know you'll be out. lots of possible solutions, the only bad thing really is just not playing games by the deadline w/o warning.

Ajay1986

Well my winning run has come to an end, i lost 2-0 to SVN(Inter)
I just couldn't make my way past there fast powerful defense.

Top Bottom