• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

Gowans

well done DK_ I had a mare, defense were joker, midfield were jokers, strikers were jokers, I was joke boo!!!

:lol

3-0 to DK

dk_

Gowans007 said:
well done DK_ I had a mare, defense were joker, midfield were jokers, strikers were jokers, I was joke boo!!!

:lol

3-0 to DK
I'm glad we could finish the game today. :)

Good game, mate.

Daigoro

i just sent friend requests and messages on LIVE to my next two opponents.

i love this game, even though im pretty crap at it (getting a bit better though!). ive been practicing though, and im due a win soon. (should have gotten one last damn game, but i fucked it up!).

im looking forward to the losers tournament though. :lol i think it should be pretty fun and competitive.

FF_VIII said:
Good God I just lost 6-0 :lol

Most 1-sided match I've ever played. Could not contain Silva or Villa at all.

You need to defend deeper, that will stop the goals leaking.

Lost against Bayern, where I feel I should have won, Silva and Villa were very wasteful despite getting in great positions. The defence was relatively solid, despite gifting Bayern with a goal.

After a stern talking to by the manager, Villa and Silva turned on the style to cruist to victory at home to Roma.

woodchuck

With the fall of Villareal, there are now 6 unbeaten teams and only two that have managed full points.

Inter Milan
Fiorentina
Werder Bremen
Toronto
Manchester United
Real Madrid

The EU Craig division looks to be pretty competitive with 4 points separating 1st from 4th.

I'm still pissed I lost two points against Real Madrid letting a goal in at the 90th minute and then losing 1-0 to Toronto when I had multiple great chances.

With my shooting, I feel I simply choke under pressure in the league games. Offline and in random xbl matches, my shooting is so much better.

Shinobi

:lol @ me being the favourite

:lol :lol :lol @ me using Man U (I'm a Gooner, might as well ask me to use Spurs)

I'm only not conceding goals because mutiple opponents have missed mutiple breakaway shots. My defending is pretty decent when the other team is setting up, but I've still been exposed far too much for my liking.

Like I said before, my net is living a charmed life...sooner or later I'm gonna take a reaming.

What's even more shocking is that I've been able to score at least one goal in every game. I didn't think I had enough speed in my squad to do that, but so far it's working out.

Shinobi

:lol Bollocks...I'm basically the Hull City of this league, that's all. And just like the Tigers I, too, will come crashing back down to earth. I'm just glad I've got a good haul of points for when that does occur.

Daigoro

gg Strikevillan.

shit i was feeling super competitive too. i had tons of possesion and a lot of missed chances. i was in a real position to score several times and just couldnt finish for shit tonight. too spastic i guess. oh well.

his first goal was one of those retarded only the elite teams can pull off a shot from way outside the box deals. and the second was when i was on all offense towards the end of the game and his striker was alone in the box with one defender playing footsie with him for like 30 seconds.

my midfielder got MOTM on my side, but it looks like Strike added MOTM for one of his dudes, so i guess we got different results? i added mine anyways.

Tf53

OK, problem time. Me and Feral can't connect (same thing as with me and Daigoro). We can see each other in the "team select" screen, but right after that the game tells us that the session is no longer available.

Is there a way to work around this issue? My NAT is open, and I don't know what could possibly be wrong. I found this "fix":

Here is something to try I did it and worked a treat it's sounds daft it's only for the 360. Logout of your xbox go to system settings then go to clock change the date to 15/11/2005 then sign back into your account and it should work it did for two mates and me

I'll try it. Feral, could you do the same?

No joy here, I think it has something to do with the connection ,and if it's not strong enough between it just says session not available. Basically it would lag like a bitch if it went through with it. Just a guess.

Tf53

Feral Youth said:
Fuck still no joy. Looking around online it seems like it's a common problem.
Indeed. I hate this. Now I can't even seem to connect in quick matches. I think I'll switch back to the original settings I had.

woodchuck

is there any way you guys can connect through the modem directly? it's most likely a router problem.

if not, we'll have to get a sub if it's ok with both of you guys.

Magicked

I had this issue with Fifty a couple nights ago. I was the host, and I had to bypass my router and plug directly into the modem. I'm going to experiment with my next game by placing my 360 on a DMZ for the match.

Tf53

Somehow the connection started working. Did you do something, Feral?

Here's the match recap:

Jesus Navas was Sevilla's number one man as the Spanish side defeated Juventus 2-0. Sevilla got off to a terrific start as Chevanton's pass found Navas at the edge of the penalty box. A grounder wailed past Juventus keeper Buffon, and the Old Lady was down after only 2 minutes. Navas had a chance to add to the score, but he couldn't capitalize on a one on one with Gigi Buffon after Kanouté's precise pass split the black and white defense. Juventus had their chances, but the nearest they got to goal was Nedved's beautiful free kick that Palop parried right before it hit the top corner. Sevilla doubled their lead after 70 minutes as Navas scored his second of the night after Freddy Kanouté blasted a fierce shot into the crossbar. Navas had an easy job putting the ball into the empty net.

Good game, man. I'm sorry about that one shot from the middle of the field. I just had to go for it, even though you didn't pull your keeper yourself. I was hoping it wouldn't go in. :)

It seems like turning my PC off possibly solved the problem.

Lost 2-0 mind you. Damn it.

Good game though tf53.

Considering that I have the most tackles in the league, I let in way too many goals. I sure do look forward to playing Portsmouth next.

Tf53 said:
Somehow the connection started working. Did you do something, Feral?

Here's the match recap:

Good game, man. I'm sorry about that one shot from the middle of the field. I just had to go for it, even though you didn't pull your keeper yourself. I was hoping it wouldn't go in. :)

I just turned my computer off, I normally keep it running.

Well played anyway.

Miroslav

Fifa 09 just arrived at my mail, PS3 version. Im looking forward to palying it online but I am TOTAL Fifa noob, I am a decent pes player though. If you are switcher, from pes to fifa, like me go and add me PSN: brokic. No pros plzzz, I dont wanna be beaten badly, and no picking barcelona and going the messi route all the time, just playing for fun.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Miroslav said:
Fifa 09 just arrived at my mail, PS3 version. Im looking forward to palying it online but I am TOTAL Fifa noob, I am a decent pes player though. If you are switcher, from pes to fifa, like me go and add me PSN: brokic. No pros plzzz, I dont wanna be beaten badly, and no picking barcelona and going the messi route all the time, just playing for fun.

Might have better luck here since this is a 360 league-- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335209 Not sure how that PS3 league is going.

Fifty

Well, I finally lost. Thank God everyone else in my division is playing like crap!

Kudos to Regret Truth. He played a solid and smart game. He hit me early and withstood the comeback.

I'm really glad I have a big division lead, because that post I hit and the questionable refereeing had me pretty pissed. If this game really mattered, I'd be fuming. I probably deserved to lose, but damn.

At least Rooney got 2 goals. I'd say he's in the race for the top scorer, but you just know that Portsmouth's Defoe or Crouch are going to score 8 goals against some Division Z team they face later in the year.

woodchuck

good game zombie.

AAAAHHHHHHHHH

i fucking hate this game sometimes.

i lost 1-0.

what happened was...i passed back to my goalie then pressed B to clear.

Instead the goalie tapped it to zombie, and zombie had a clear shot on goal. i really have to get my shit together to make the playoffs. i need to take a break from this game.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Yeah i knew somehow something got messed up. At least i broke my not winning at all streak. You hit the crossbar once towards the beginning that made me go "OH SHIT!"
That was probably one of my favorite games i've played. All the other ones seemed to have these qualities:
>My back 4 are always out run by the other teams forwards
>My strikers are always pushed off the ball by the other teams back 4

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, or if its just my team and i need to learn to work around it.

woodchuck

Fifty said:
By break did you mean 10 minutes off? :lol :lol

:lol i'm about to play a random xbl match. i need a win badly.

sneaky77 said:
i really need to finish my one on ones better... ugh

edit: anyone knows if the arsenal dude checks this thread?

that's Astro's brother. you can probably send him a pm or a message on live. he's on XBL quite a bit.

go Snug! he beat chrisgoldstein. i'm still in this.

woodchuck

zombieshavebrains said:
Yeah i knew somehow something got messed up. At least i broke my not winning at all streak. You hit the crossbar once towards the beginning that made me go "OH SHIT!"
That was probably one of my favorite games i've played. All the other ones seemed to have these qualities:
>My back 4 are always out run by the other teams forwards
>My strikers are always pushed off the ball by the other teams back 4

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, or if its just my team and i need to learn to work around it.

how fast is micah richards? that guy was everywhere on defense

sneaky77

woodchuck said:
that's Astro's brother. you can probably send him a pm or a message on live. he's on XBL quite a bit.

go Snug! he beat chrisgoldstein. i'm still in this.

I sent him a pm.. so I'll just msg him over live later

Fifty said:
Well, I finally lost. Thank God everyone else in my division is playing like crap!

Kudos to Regret Truth. He played a solid and smart game. He hit me early and withstood the comeback.

I'm really glad I have a big division lead, because that post I hit and the questionable refereeing had me pretty pissed. If this game really mattered, I'd be fuming. I probably deserved to lose, but damn.

That was a hell of a game man. GREAT match. The second half I almost slashed my wrists when Rooney started going off. Id rather lose 6-0 than give up 3 first half goals.

I had another great match against ChrisGoldstein. To be totally honest I'm not sure how I won that one:lol Ronaldinho had about 3 breakaway chances but my keeper was able to bail me out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
Instead the goalie tapped it to zombie, and zombie had a clear shot on goal. i really have to get my shit together to make the playoffs. i need to take a break from this game.

:lol I can't tell you how many times I've felt like this. I swear I get worse each time I play.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I had a fucking horrible day yesterday, my forehead is red from slapping myself so much...GRRRRR lol

edit---glad to see you lost woodchuck i thought my playoff dreams were shattered for sure! lol

woodchuck

ChrisGoldstein said:
I had a fucking horrible day yesterday, my forehead is red from slapping myself so much...GRRRRR lol

edit---glad to see you lost woodchuck i thought my playoff dreams were shattered for sure! lol

yeah. i lost 1-0 back to back. pretty painful.

Roxas

Guys i am so so sorry but i am going to have to drop out of the league. With christmas approaching im in desperate need for the money, so ive sold a load of my games, including FIFA. I was only keeping it to continue in this tournament but like i said, i need the money now. Good luck to everyone and whoever replaces me.

woodchuck

Roxas said:
Guys i am so so sorry but i am going to have to drop out of the league. With christmas approaching im in desperate need for the money, so ive sold a load of my games, including FIFA. I was only keeping it to continue in this tournament but like i said, i need the money now. Good luck to everyone and whoever replaces me.

Sorry to hear that. You and Peter Crouch will be missed. good luck with the financial stuff.

We'll either get someone on the waitlist or we'll have to get different substitutes that volunteer to play with Portsmouth each week.

Top Bottom