• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Hearthstone Tournament, Beta get serious.

Ferrio

Banned
Hey Ferrio, I was wondering if it was cool if me and Soka play our Round 3 Match, or if we have to wait for everyone to finish Round 2 first.

If it's already on the bracket it's okay to go ahead.

Also I believe brackets are up to date. If I missed a result please PM me.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb got shaman stomped!
I wouldn't call it a stomp, it was a close match.

I didn't anticipate the second Bloodlust in the second game. Most Shamans don't carry two Bloodlusts but I guess this is non Legendary format so you are more likely to see something like that.

I shouldn't have went with the Druid in this tournament, they aren't as good without late game Legendaries. Lesson learned for the next tournament I guess.

Edit: Oh sorry I didn't know we needed confirmation from both players. Yeah I lost to Biaxident and Sixmachine.

Yea it was a good game. There was a period in the second game where we had to top deck our plays. I held bloodlust and hex and he did a good job of removing most of what I put for many turns because if I got a few minions on the board, bloodlust would end it. I think I only had a few cards left in my deck until I drew my last fire elemental which could at least survive a turn (since he was one rounding stuff with claw and my spells were used to take care of his minions like druid of the claw) so I can flametongue + bloodlust it and a spell totem to finally win.

hobart

Some Round 3 Action:

Hobart wins 2-0 over Brjuntinaar

Nice to meet you, Burntchomsky! Good luck in rest of tourney.

Hey Ferrio, I was wondering if it was cool if me and Soka play our Round 3 Match, or if we have to wait for everyone to finish Round 2 first.

Hey, no rush, but check your PMs when you can please! Sent you some times that would work for us to meet up so that you can clobber me.

SuperBonk

Won 2-0 (Druid - Shaman) against Cystm in some really close games. Results would have been a lot different if I didn't draw taunts at the right time.

Ferrio

Banned
Yay out of my own tournament. Now the question what I'd do if I made in the top 3 will not have to be addressed.

Fixed1979

Good games, hopefully I can fix my shit up for the losers bracket.

I had to take a shot to show what I was dealing with in the first game. I probably just should have conceded. Just ruble...

s6jpkWq.jpg

BigAT

Good games, hopefully I can fix my shit up for the losers bracket.

I had to take a shot to show what I was dealing with in the first game. I probably just should have conceded. Just ruble...

I know you started out slow that game, but my god...that hand.

Fixed1979

Let me know when you're ready to play Fixed.

I'm usually on every night, but I wouldn't mind taking a bit of time tonight to rework my deck. I only had one warrior deck prepared and it failed me pretty bad. I'll add you when I get on tonight and if you're around later (I'm on mountain time) then I may be ready, otherwise tomorrow night for sure.

bunbun777

Reporting in for match with Emarv, bunbun777 was the victor in 2 close matches:

2-0

Onward to fulfill my quest as the biggest loser...

ZZMitch

I can confirm!! Fun matches. I don't think Druid is for me, gotta find another character to get behind for next time.

TriGen

Even though this isn't a real match result I just wanted to post since Ferrio said that confirmation from both is desired. My opponent has informed me via PM that he's forfeiting because he's unavailable. And he said you (Ferrio) will be get a message like I did.

Enjoy your trip, Celso.

Bizazedo

I wouldn't call it a stomp, it was a close match.

I didn't anticipate the second Bloodlust in the second game. Most Shamans don't carry two Bloodlusts but I guess this is non Legendary format so you are more likely to see something like that.

I shouldn't have went with the Druid in this tournament, they aren't as good without late game Legendaries. Lesson learned for the next tournament I guess.

Kind of how I felt after my loss. Soka's generous, but neither game was that close. I just did not set up a proper deck for a non-Legendary fight.

I was going through my "real" decks last night and it's to the point that not a one doesn't have at least 3 Legendaries. I hadn't realized I had grown that addicted to them.
Even though this isn't a real match result I just wanted to post since Ferrio said that confirmation from both is desired. My opponent has informed me via PM that he's forfeiting because he's unavailable. And he said you (Ferrio) will be get a message like I did.

Enjoy your trip, Celso.

Did he say when he'd be back? I think I had losers of your game.

Kind of how I felt after my loss. Soka's generous, but neither game was that close. I just did not set up a proper deck for a non-Legendary fight.

I was going through my "real" decks last night and it's to the point that not a one doesn't have at least 3 Legendaries. I hadn't realized I had grown that addicted to them.

I think our matches were closer than you realized; I'll upload the video of all of my matches onto YouTube after the tournament is over so you can see how things played out from my point of view. I've basically been training for no-Legendaries since I first started Hearthstone, as the only 2 I've picked up were recently (Jaraxxus and Hogger). I finally crafted Leeroy and used him in my Shaman deck, but that was it as far as any really well-used Legendary.

Ronabo

I (Shaman) defeated Mazre (Rogue) 2-1

got really lucky in the 3rd game for my win.

Forgot to take screenies.

I'm usually on every night, but I wouldn't mind taking a bit of time tonight to rework my deck. I only had one warrior deck prepared and it failed me pretty bad. I'll add you when I get on tonight and if you're around later (I'm on mountain time) then I may be ready, otherwise tomorrow night for sure.

I'm good for tonight. Let me know when you're set.

Top Bottom