• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Artie

JCBossman said:
Don't be jealous Bitches:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/kingofthenet/HPIM0143.jpg[IMG]
Actually this is my Mom's Christmas present that I gave her, I would show you the X360 Add-On I bought myself but I am crying so hard I can't hold the camera still:D[/QUOTE]

A++ purchase

DiddyBop said:
didnt know Paprika was so popular here, I thought it was horrible.

Paprika is a mess of a film but I've bought any anime I could get that is in HD right now. I hope we get some series box-sets on Bluray soon.

btf1980

Stabby McSter said:
question

what region is that :(

OLDBOY SL:KMH;fldgkmnz;gkl <3

Region A: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.

marwan

Banned
05012008031.jpg

Euro Burnin Crusade i got from a friend since it didn't work on his american WoW. Nokia 770 Linux Intert Tablet(it's not a phone) and 2 120mm blue LED Zalman fan for my soon to arrive huge heatsing, this one:

(this stuff is on th way)
top.jpg

05_tower_down45d2.jpg

for my Core 2 Extreme 3Ghz (QX6850)

ThomPayne said:
Too lazy to post pics. Today I picked up God Hand, Zack and Wiki, and Lost in Translation.
God, I loved that movie, probably one of my favourites, I wonder if it will ever come to the Blu-ray side :(.

zoku88

The Orange Box, my new cellphone, Uncharted, and Kyouhaku Dog's.

86j6qmo.jpg

My new laptop. The Asus V1s-B1. I like its build quality a lot, but it has some battery... issues :-/ Also pictured are: my new keyboard and one of my new speakers.

7xmht0p.jpg

I also got SSHD which is not pictured.

These actually aren't from January :-/ (cept for the graphic novel.) I left the USB cable for my camera at home, so I never got a chance to upload pics for the other pick-up posts. Of course, today I remembered that my laptop has an SD slot anyway

Rimshot

Zoku88: What made you choose that phone over the awesomeness called Iphone you guys have over there in the states? Still no release date for Sweden :(

ThomPayne

Rimshot said:
Zoku88: What made you choose that phone over the awesomeness called Iphone you guys have over there in the states? Still no release date for Sweden :(
He's obviously not on Cingular (not that he couldn't jailbreak it), and maybe he didn't have the money?

Rimshot

ThomPayne said:
He's obviously not on Cingular (not that he couldn't jailbreak it), and maybe he didn't have the money?

That samsung doesn't look too cheap either.
Then again I am comparing Swedish prices with US prices, the phones usually end up costing the double here, so the price there for Iphone is half what we pay here for normal (ex samsung and lg) new phones.

zoku88

Rimshot said:
That samsung doesn't look too cheap either.
Then again I am comparing Swedish prices with US prices, the phones usually end up costing the double here, so the price there for Iphone is half what we pay here for normal (ex samsung and lg) new phones.
That phone cost me about $80 with a contract renewal with Verizon. Nowhere near the cost of the iphone. That, and I think the iPhone is a big waste of money for my needs.

Rimshot

zoku88 said:
That phone cost me about $80 with a contract renewal with Verizon. Nowhere near the cost of the iphone. That, and I think the iPhone is a big waste of money for my needs.

Then you got a good deal :) Was just thinking maybe you had a though to it, like maybe the samsung works with the new square mobile games or so. Just curious about such things :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
purg3 said:
Where did you get this, Ebay? Also, how much?

I got it for free, I'd rather not say why/how... X_X

How much do they usually go for? I know there is one on eBay for $120 BIN, but I wonder how much they actually sell for... Hrm...

---

Did a lil' cheap ass shopping today...

2174252192_2564940898.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory - Vol. 2 - $3
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Vol. 1 - $3
Mobile Suit Gundam F91: The Motion Picture - $3

2173474983_7b5ee8afa9.jpg

Kaze no Yojimbo - Vol. 1 - $3
Witch Hunter Robin - Vol. 1 - $3

2174286406_e8ef8e8913.jpg

Hoop Days - Vol. 1 & 2 - $3 each

2174275246_f2963a6194.jpg

NBA Street Homecourt (PS3) - $8.96

zoku88

Rimshot said:
Then you got a good deal :) Was just thinking maybe you had a though to it, like maybe the samsung works with the new square mobile games or so. Just curious about such things :)
It does have the interesting quirk where you can open it in two ways. The second way reveals a full QWERTY keyboard, which is nice since I prefer txting people to actually calling them :)

MarkMan said:
I got it for free, I'd rather not say why/how... X_X

How much do they usually go for? I know there is one on eBay for $120 BIN, but I wonder how much they actually sell for... Hrm...

---

Did a lil' cheap ass shopping today...

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Vol. 1 - $3
I expect you to buy the rest of those volumes ASAP >_<

Good deals, btw. You're pretty lucky :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
zoku88 said:
I expect you to buy the rest of those volumes ASAP >_<

Good deals, btw. You're pretty lucky :lol

Yea, I'm going to try to find em' tomorrow after work lol...

ThomPayne

Rimshot said:
No North American phones can run Square Mobile games. Unless of course Docomo wins the bid for the 700mhz spectrum...then there's a possibility.

Proc

commanderdeek said:
DSC07921.jpg

still waiting for some more stuff to be delivered;)

That's pretty fucking sick man, I usually think figures and shit are lame but that is Persona 3. Nice find.

NekoFever

I got these two over the weekend (shitty phone cam pic alert!):

6jfihit.jpg

I bought the DMC set with some credit that I had at the local importer, so it only cost me £10 in real money. Thought I may as well get up on the series before DMC4 (I've only ever played a few hours of the first game, and that was the godawful PAL version). I don't really need the adaptor but I saw it used for £5 and thought why not. It means I can use my latest saves on my PS2 again which I keep around because it's modded and could come in handy.

gray_fox224

NekoFever said:
I got these two over the weekend (shitty phone cam pic alert!):

6jfihit.jpg

I bought the DMC set with some credit that I had at the local importer, so it only cost me £10 in real money. Thought I may as well get up on the series before DMC4 (I've only ever played a few hours of the first game, and that was the godawful PAL version). I don't really need the adaptor but I saw it used for £5 and thought why not. It means I can use my latest saves on my PS2 again which I keep around because it's modded and could come in handy.

Just transfer your files and return the adapter to the store.

Chorazin

gray_fox224 said:
Just transfer your files and return the adapter to the store.

Also, I hate to break it to you but the transfer is a one way street from the Memory Card to the PS3, you can't transfer back to the card.

Take it back, the thing is worthless past your initial transfer.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Chorazin said:
Also, I hate to break it to you but the transfer is a one way street from the Memory Card to the PS3, you can't transfer back to the card.

I believe you can transfer back to the memory stick.

Manp

Chorazin said:

actually you can transfer your saves from/to the PS2 memory card as you want.

:)

NekoFever

Chorazin said:

You've been able to transfer back to the memory card since firmware 1.80.

I'm holding onto it because my PS1/PS2 gaming is split between my PS3 (US games) and PS2 (PAL and Japanese) and it means less fiddling with memory card management since I have more games than fit on my memory cards. It's not like I'm out more than a few quid on it anyway.

Jeff-DSA

A girl I play soccer with made this. My wife knew she painted, so she asked her to do it for me for Christmas, but it got finished a little later than expected. Either way, it's awesome. It's in watercolor.

DSC02460.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Super dark picture....

2175978063_9653413550.jpg

Went out to seek some more $3 anime... found a lil' more... (I'm not a big fan of Gundam Seed, but I am a fan of DVDs for $3... so yea).

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - Vol. 1
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - Vol. 2
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - Movie 1
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - Movie 2
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Vol. 3
Witch Hunter Robin - Vol. 2
Love Hina Spring Movie

And I got my 5 free HD-DVDs finally! Sent away for it in October...

Babel
The Thing
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Frighteners
Troy

YagizY

DiddyBop said:
didnt know Paprika was so popular here, I thought it was horrible.

Paprika IS terrible. Tekkon Kinkreet however is amazing. That is definitely my next blu purchase.

Top Bottom