• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

_dementia said:
I said goddamn!

My HRAP EX arrived today.

...bringing my total stick collection to a mere six.
I'll be swapping in some OBSFs ASAP.

And I say Hardcore, obssessive (sp) compulsive joystick collecting fetish. Markman...should get put into the Guiness Book Of World Records...

And where did you get the HRAP EX from?

I only have two sticks. But I'm not trying to have a heap of junk...

Spiderjericho said:
And I say Hardcore, obssessive (sp) compulsive joystick collecting fetish. Markman...should get put into the Guiness Book Of World Records...

And where did you get the HRAP EX from?

I only have two sticks. But I'm not trying to have a heap of junk...
I got it from Renchi... they received new stock October 31 but they sold out that same day :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
6 is a lot for an arcade stick collection.

I'm a special case. I'm insane.

lol.

Hori has the best boxes.

My favorite one is the Hori Real Arcade Pro SE box. Looks so clean:

(my picture)

206228123_7d7aadc534.jpg

Yeah, it's been three months...and still no HRAP EX from Arcade Shock...Boo, hoo...

I call shenanigans... You're going to be beasting on people in HD Remix cuz of a handicap...

360 Control Pads...

Congrats...

And...you should pan out Markman so we can see the rest of the collection...

I hope your daughter doesn't get crushed by a joystick avalanche...

schild

Ok GAF - why should I read this book? (in brief)

Murakami is actually pretty great. That said, it's hip right now and you should always read something when it's hip amongst hipsters.

LiK

MarkMan said:
My favorite one is the Hori Real Arcade Pro SE box. Looks so clean:

(my picture)

206228123_7d7aadc534.jpg

yea, i kinda like the white version box more even tho they're similar. the gray text makes it look pretty stylish, heh

my stick and box:
horirap3.jpg

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
This is more of a August/September/October/November pick-up post but here's some of my favorite shit I've picked up recently:

A couple of T. A. Breaux varities of Absinthe. They were a birthday gift from the 'rents...

absinthe.jpg

Graphic novels and such. "The Gracie Way" has some truly compelling historical pictures. It's insane to see Helio Gracie demonstrating a flying armbar in 1940.

books.jpg

Some DVDs. I got the Yakuza Papers for like $15. A fucking steal

dvd.jpg

Games...

games.jpg

HD movies. My heart weaps for the suckers dropping $100 on the Matrix Blu Ray set. Seriously, I got the HD DVD version and a 360 HD DVD drive for less than the price of the Blu Ray set. In fact, I got all those HD DVDs for something around $150. Beat that.

hd.jpg

Last but not least....

edit: removed gigantic picture of bud and my mangled-up hand

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Infernal Monkey said:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2n838ed.jpg/IMG]

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/2nhq1zm.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

Don' tell me you bought that....

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Forgot a couple things...

clicky.jpg

Originally, I bought a used IBM Model M keyboard off eBay but after being dissatisfied with the quality of the board I was sent (motherfucker was filthy as hell) as well as the lack of a Windows key, I decided to spring for the Unicomp revision. Buckling spring keyboards for life, bitches.

_dementia said:
I said goddamn!

My HRAP EX arrived today.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/joeyjoejoe3/IMG_1777.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/joeyjoejoe3/IMG_1784.jpg[IMG]

...bringing my total stick collection to a mere six.
I'll be swapping in some OBSFs ASAP.[/QUOTE]
:o
do tell how that is, i'm actually quite interested

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Stabby McSter said:
:eek:
do tell how that is, i'm actually quite interested

HRAP EX is like all standard HRAPs. Good. ;)

Sanwa lever, Hori buttons.

Wonky button mapping, but easily changed.

Only thing that is odd about this stick is that the stick is wired in not using quick disconnects.

Yes Boss!

Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, it's been three months...and still no HRAP EX from Arcade Shock...Boo, hoo...

I call shenanigans... You're going to be beasting on people in HD Remix cuz of a handicap...

Their website as an update in the news sections that details a late november early december release. Yeah, a long wait but looks like they are finally coming.

Also, renchi.com has them in stock for a little over $200 after delivery.

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/Xbox_360_Accessories_Real_Arcade_Pro_EX_Hori.htm

Pojo

Banned
I really want that Samsung set. Looks much better than the Sony sets IMO.

Does that particular set have the shiny screen? You know, as opposed to the usual matte LCD screens? I think the shiny screens look better, glare be dammed. I've only seen it on Samsung LCDs.

Wired

Haven't picked up much,

A few games:
games-2.jpg

And a couple more Revoltechs:
enki-1.jpg

Had to resort to Ebay since I missed the release and it sold out in what, a week?

ttgl-1.jpg

Fucking hard to pose so I sort of gave up trying, wish they'd taken the opportunity to make the green flames glow in the dark. Now that'd been awesome.

yoko.jpg

Yoko, yay.

bh7812

Banned
Well, I just got Eternal Sonata for PS3 on Tues, and I'm gonna go get Valkyria Chronicles today..well I sure hope so. My store says they got 11 and if that's true then I'll be able to get one easily. If not then I guess I'm gonna be hunting for it.

Later in the month, and why I'm waiting to post a pic of my stuff for this month, I will be getting that Real Ghostbusters Complete Box set :D I plan to post good pictures of the Firehouse box, the steelbook cases, some shots of the discs, and any extras they put in that box so everyone can see it. Looks like that box set is going to be worth every penny so I'm looking forward to it and the reason I only have a few things this month!

zmet

.hacked said:
where did you get Band of Brothers early?
sweet!!!!
Warner Bros. Online (DVD shop) shipped them out early.

ergo said:
Hellz yeah to the BoB's mang. Loved the book and i own the series (book is slightly better).
I'm going to get the book after I'm finished with the series.

sikkinixx

IMG_1014.jpg

Only $7 at EB. Figured what the hell, cheaper than VC.

IMG_1015.jpg

$20 used... I hope it's good, I love strat-RPG's and lots of GAFers seem to like it.

IMG_1009.jpg

yet another one.

IMG_1010.jpg

And yet two more.... I'm up to 35 now with another 3 on the way via eBay... I gotta stop..

IMG_1017.jpg

Dead Space was from EA for doing focus tests (get another FOUR games this weekend :D :D ) Fable II and LBP arrived at the end of the month but figured I would throw them in too. Gears 2 and Fallout 3 are hopefully being shipped out from Dell soon.... Not that I have time to play with all the fucking homework at the end of term *sigh*

Gagaman

2d7a1om.jpg

I've actually ended up with two copies of this. My pre-ordered copy didn't come yesterday so I ended up grabbing it in a shop, but the pre-ordered one showed up today anyway. :lol

16a7ehy.jpg

Also upgraded my PS3 hard drive to this 320GB one. £50 at play.com, very nice.

outsidah

Pojo said:
I really want that Samsung set. Looks much better than the Sony sets IMO.

Does that particular set have the shiny screen? You know, as opposed to the usual matte LCD screens? I think the shiny screens look better, glare be dammed. I've only seen it on Samsung LCDs.

Shiny screen - check.

It's got that "hint of red" border going on as well... the whole material is semi glossy... at times you got a reflection if you have the lights on but it's not annoying.

I was a big time XBR supporter and back when I bought my original XBR I truly backed it as the best on the market. I think these new Samsungs have come and stolen the thunder from the XBR's... look much better IMO and cheaper. Everything about this TV so far is pure win. The only thing that is worse than my previous XBR is SD tv (more grainy) but I can live with that.

marwan

Banned
all i want an like to see is a peripheral(or through a software update) that would enable A2DP profile. Please Sony, please...

jmonteiro

Ok, first time posting on this thread so I'm including Oct and Nov purchases on the same picture. For November I'm only missing Mirror's Edge :D

2dsr56x.jpg

Wired

Diablos said:
What the hell??

I will never understand why they make the ratings so big. It's so pointless. It ruins, literally ruins the box art.

True, although in this case it is a clear improvement.

Top Bottom