• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Any idea on when/where I might get a second controller? I did my time in line on launch day but I haven't seen any restocks.

Guess I missed my chance to get a second controller. Can't believe this. Really sucks that the scalpers appear to be winning and keeping people from purchasing anything related to this release.
I've been somewhat casually looking for the second controller with no luck. I gave up for now and ordered a OEM Wii Classic Controller on eBay, figure I can use it with my Wii, too.

I hope someone puts together a list of third party Wii controllers that work with the NES Classic because apparently not all of them do.

JDdelphin

Word on the street is Dec 5th is the next big restock date.

Any guesses at the Over/Under on them shipping enough so some non-dirtbags can get ahold of one in-store?

Rydeen

Just want to share this photo I took last week of my Link Figma sitting on my NES Classic in the palm of my hand:

14962666_10155419600617598_6666004589063406016_n.jpg

Probably old, but anyone that ordered on Dell.com thinking they'd get one on 'back order', check your status.  They unceremoniously cancelled a lot of orders, mine included.  Guess I'll  be giving the one I got at a brick 'n mortar to my mom.  She loved it when I showed her a pic because it reminded her of her mom, who died last year.  Seeing her reaction, I knew I needed to get her one for Christmas.  Mine will now be hers, and I'll just wait until next year to pick one up again.

Fucking Nintendo....

Probably old, but anyone that ordered on Dell.com thinking they'd get one on 'back order', check your status.  They unceremoniously cancelled a lot of orders, mine included.  Guess I'll  be giving the one I got at a brick 'n mortar to my mom.  She loved it when I showed her a pic because it reminded her of her mom, who died last year.  Seeing her reaction, I knew I needed to get her one for Christmas.  Mine will now be hers, and I'll just wait until next year to pick one up again.

Fucking Nintendo....

You are a good person. I'm sure that karma will come back to you in some way.

xevis

Banned
So I've been playing around with the NES Classic.
Nobody bothered to change the stage 2 music in Double Dragon 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V00M6dPxpuo&index=4&list=PL9E49C20330451FFA

Easy Lover by Philip Bailey & Phil Collins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR_2MMar0s0

Double Dragon 2 Arranged Soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K75dwwBdjDc&index=3&list=PL6BoklkwiyPAirpzdGKWcPVxJF2r_bdu5

Wow, nicely spotted. Though the Phil Collins song doesn't exactly jump to mind when I hear the NES arrangement. I guess it's different enough to get a pass? Plus that entire soundtrack is stone cold classic. It'd be a travesty to mess with it :p

So my Walmart order was made on Thursday. Was processing until last night where the status changed to nothing, it was completely blank. Still shows blank so my wife called Walmart support who confirmed it is flagged to cancel because of lack of inventory. They said they'd push through another warehouse check, but if it can't be filled in 48 hours it will be canceled. Oh well.

So my Walmart order was made on Thursday. Was processing until last night where the status changed to nothing, it was completely blank. Still shows blank so my wife called Walmart support who confirmed it is flagged to cancel because of lack of inventory. They said they'd push through another warehouse check, but if it can't be filled in 48 hours it will be canceled. Oh well.

Fuck this is exactly what is happening to mine now as well, it no longer shows processing and is acting weird.

It better not be a headache to get my refund since I paid via PayPal and they take the funds immediately when ordering with PayPal.

It is ridiculous that we both placed orders on Thursday, but then they put up more stock on Friday. How is that possible that we don't get ours yet they went and put up more the day after?

Fuck Wal-Mart and fuck Nintendo

GTI Guy

Went to Target this morning hoping for some luck. Some lady got there before me and I overheard her tell the target employee that she was at another target that morning and that target sold 30 units to one customer. She was pretty pissed, she said others in line didn't get one because of that asshat.

People are assholes.

NateDrake

Went to Target this morning hoping for some luck. Some lady got there before me and I overheard her tell the target employee that she was at another target that morning and that target sold 30 units to one customer. She was pretty pissed, she said others in line didn't get one because of that asshat.

People are assholes.

I don't really blame the person buying all 30. I blame the Target employee for allowing that to happen. They can enforce a 'Limit 1 Per Customer' rule if they see fit.

FaintDeftone

People are assholes.

I used to be a manager at Target. We always enforced a "one per person" limit on hot items. That employee fucked up.

Just found out my second NES Classic Controller is shipping from Walmart. Didn't get an email update or anything - just checked and they'd pushed it out to UPS. Won't arrive until next week most likely, but maybe it'll get bumped up.

People are assholes.

I don't really blame the person buying all 30. I blame the Target employee for allowing that to happen. They can enforce a 'Limit 1 Per Customer' rule if they see fit.

Exactly. It's because stores allow customers to abuse low inventory situations that people get screwed.

Sushigod7

People are assholes.

Most Targets are pretty good at enforcing the rules this sounds like a big screw up or a lie.

Just found out my second NES Classic Controller is shipping from Walmart. Didn't get an email update or anything - just checked and they'd pushed it out to UPS. Won't arrive until next week most likely, but maybe it'll get bumped up.

Exactly. It's because stores allow customers to abuse low inventory situations that people get screwed.

When did you order your controller?

I got an order in Thursday and apparently based on the behaviour my order is showing it could be cancelled.

I would check Wal Marts and Targets more often but it's such a pain in the ass process. Gotta walk alllll the way through the parking lot to the back of the store where the electronics section is....

I'm too old for this shit :/

God damnit, I should have pre-ordered this stupid thing. Sold out every where - currently goign for $300+ on Amazon Canada

Why you do this Nintendo, its like you don't even want my money. *sigh*

GTI Guy

I am not blaming the guy for being allowed to buy 30 I'm saying he's an asshole. LOL

When there's a line for something around this time of year, you can bet there's some people wanting to buy this as a gift for someone. For that person to buy out a place, for what clearly looks like a re-sale/profit opportunity shows no care for others than himself.

The whole thing could have been made up by that other shopper, who knows but if it's true...he's an asshole.

Emio - The Edge Joystick - UPDATE

Just received this email from Emio after contacting their support via email in regards to The Edge Joystick not working with the NES Classic Edition.

Dear Customers who bought The Edge Joystick (batch #:110116WSJ) and The Edge Gamepad (batch:110116WSP).

Thank you for contacting us, we know your time is valuable, and we wanted to give you a quick solution for connecting your controller with the NES Classic Console.

The Edge Joystick and The Edge Gamepad are compatible with Wii U and NES Classic Edition game consoles. It was brought to our attention that a few batches shipped, failed to include the NES Classic Console adapter in the box. To make it right with you, we are offering a FREE NES Classic Edition Adapter + a FREE NES Classic Edition Extension Cable + a FREE SURPRISE BONUS GIFT (a $30 Value). This offer only applies to qualifying customers.

To receive your FREE NES Gift Pack:

1. Do not return item to the store.

2. Instead Send an email to Support@PoweredByEmio.com

Include title: “FREE NES GIFT PACK”, Name, address, and send proof of purchase receipt.

3. Wait to receive your product in the mail.

4. If you wish and are satisfied with our service. Please provide 5 Star rating or edit a negative listing with your updated experience. 5 Star ratings mean a lot to us.

Thanks,

Your friends at Emio

www.poweredbyemio.com

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So I just picked up my NES mini controller from Walmart. It's really cool to be able to have a fresh controller to experience over 25 years later. Makes me realize how worn out my old controllers really are.

So has anyone figured out a way to use the NES classic mini controller with actual NES hardware? I would love to be able to use a fresh controller with my original 1985 hardware. New, sealed NES controllers command a premium on eBay for obvious reasons.

Similarly, has anyone cracked open a NES classic mini controller, to see if possibly the shell would fit around the original NES controller board? I would gladly sacrifice a $10 controller just for the shell and membrane to revitalize some old NES controllers.

Quoting myself because I was wondering if anyone had any answers.

Top Bottom