• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

MyEpitomeCliché;225742795 said:
Check GameStop this week if you're still looking. We're getting in a paltry 3 units tomorrow or Friday. Should be similar across the board.

3 units will sell out before get to the store lol

Thanks, holy cow there is one at a target not to far from me, does this mean its sitting out or do I have to ask for it?

It is most likely either not really there, or was stolen and they haven't updated their inventory.

If you don't hit these stores at least an hour before opening, you won't even see a box for one.

kdoll08

I was able to pick one up today thanks to this thread. I called a few game stops in my area since people were finding them today. The 3rd one I called said they were still going through their shipment. So I ran up there and they checked for me. Low and behold there were 3 of them. I had gotten through on a Walmart web order but they back ordered it due to taking too many orders. I finally have one after 3 weeks of trying. Thanks GAF. Hope to meet some if you fine people at PSX Experience this weekend.

jmizzal

It is most likely either not really there, or was stolen and they haven't updated their inventory.

If you don't hit these stores at least an hour before opening, you won't even see a box for one.

I called that target and she said they did get some this morning, but they get another truck tomorrow, and I should call them tomorrow around 8 am

So I will be calling 3 Targets and 2 gamestops tomorrow morning lol

I called that target and she said they did get some this morning, but they get another truck tomorrow, and I should call them tomorrow around 8 am

So I will be calling 3 Targets and 2 gamestops tomorrow morning lol

Don't bother calling. By the time you finish the phone call they'll be sold out, if not before you even start talking, and they can't hold them anyway. If you want one, line up early and you might have a chance.

Chucker

Yeah, I tried GS yesterday and they were really good sports. They said nobody else had asked about it but that they were getting 3 tomorrow (Today).

Luckily it's a 3 minute drive from my office, and I have a decent idea of when UPS strolls through, so we'll see.

GTI Guy

Target near me got 6 units in according to brickseek. Went to Target at about 755am they open at 8am. There were 3 people in line. I thought man I got a chance on this one. Start talking to the folks and they asked me if I had a ticket. I said no. They said oh the manager came out and handed out tickets to people waiting in line. So there were none left. DAMN IT!

Pilgrimzero

Walked into GameStop. The employee was enthusiastic that stores were getting a restock. Like he got in TWO, which had immediately sold out.

I told him I wouldn't call 2 a restock.

Sephzilla

I would have gotten one yesterday from GameStop if I didn't get stuck behind some old fossil who was driving 25 in a 40. Missed the last one at GameStop by literally under 2 minutes.

Walked into GameStop. The employee was enthusiastic that stores were getting a restock. Like he got in TWO, which had immediately sold out.

I told him I wouldn't call 2 a restock.
LOL!

I would have gotten one yesterday from GameStop if I didn't get stuck behind some old fossil who was driving 25 in a 40. Missed the last one at GameStop by literally under 2 minutes.
No worries - he probably was the person who grabbed the last one anyway! ;)

Huggers

Managed to finally get one. Enjoying it so far. Input lag wise, is it just me or is pixel perfect better than 4:3 in this regard? Has anyone tested it properly?

GTI Guy

Brickseek this morning showed about 6-8 locations with 5-12 units in stock and I was about to head out and refreshed now all are gone. Target doesn't even open for another 30 minutes. WTF is going on. Something dirty that's what if feels like.

Brickseek this morning showed about 6-8 locations with 5-12 units in stock and I was about to head out and refreshed now all are gone. Target doesn't even open for another 30 minutes. WTF is going on. Something dirty that's what if feels like.

They used to let people who camped out come in and buy stuff early if it was cold X the winter

Or they could be pulling a Wii and holding back stock until it's advertised in their flyer to get more people to come into their store , say a week or two before Christmas

Or the employees just bought it

GTI Guy

They used to let people who camped out come in and buy stuff early if it was cold X the winter

Or they could be pulling a Wii and holding back stock until it's advertised in their flyer to get more people to come into their store , say a week or two before Christmas

Or the employees just bought it

all three are dirty :)

Penguin

Seems like toys R Us will have some on Sunday

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/01/toys-r-us-to-stock-hatchimal-nintendo-classic-toys-on-december-4.html

"On Sunday, we're launching our Great Big Christmas Sale (Dec. 4 thru 10) and the catalog, which is arriving in homes in the coming days, features Hatchimals and NES," a spokeswoman with Toys R Us told CNBC. "Our stores are receiving shipments of both holiday must-haves to support and we expect that when stores open at 8 a.m., they will sell very quickly."

redcrayon

Just saw a lone one in Sainsburys in my home town in the UK. Might be worth a look as they have tiny Nintendo sections other people might have ignored. There was another bloke about my age there with his son and they looked so happy to see it, so I figure I'll pick one up next year.

They are putting it straight on eBay, aren't they :D

phonics

Banned
Had my good buddies at my local Gamestop(s) hold me one at each store. Christmas for my wife and best friend will be wonderful for them.

Had my good buddies at my local Gamestop(s) hold me one at each store. Christmas for my wife and best friend will be wonderful for them.

lol

this is why nobody can find one fair and square, very limited quantities + people connections + unethical employees make it next to impossible.

I have mine since launch day but I'd love to find an extra controller.

Managed to finally get one. Enjoying it so far. Input lag wise, is it just me or is pixel perfect better than 4:3 in this regard? Has anyone tested it properly?
I would want to know this too. It would be neat to see a Digital Foundry-esque breakdown of the different modes/input lag, etc., compared to the original NES on CRTs. I'm having trouble finding any detailed info related to the tech aspects of the Classic in terms of proper emulation.

phonics

Banned
lol

this is why nobody can find one fair and square, very limited quantities + people connections + unethical employees make it next to impossible.

I have mine since launch day but I'd love to find an extra controller.
Such is life. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
nbDMjLb.jpg

Dell came through.

Biske

Ahahaha god.

This nintendo shit. I'm a huge nintendo fan. But this stuff never ceases to make me laugh.

I really am to the point where, unless I can waltz into a store and comfortably buy something, I don't even want it.

Shouldn't need to go on epic quests to be a consumer whore.

Huh, BrickSeek says there's one left at a Target in Florence (as I type this, anyway). But that's a bit out of my way, especially since I'm going to meet a friend in Birmingham (the opposite direction) today. So, yeah, heads up for AlabamaGAF if you live in the northern part of the state.

I really hope these are more widely available after Christmas.

I really am to the point where, unless I can waltz into a store and comfortably buy something, I don't even want it.

Shouldn't need to go on epic quests to be a consumer whore.

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Besides, epic quests for items are more fun when you know there's a decent chance you'll find what you're looking for. In this case, the chances are unfathomably and frustratingly low.

Top Bottom