• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

d1rtn4p

So with stores supposedly getting a shipment in tomorrow, think there's any chance these will be for sale online at this point?

fernoca

So with stores supposedly getting a shipment in tomorrow, think there's any chance these will be for sale online at this point?
On Toys R Us? Hard to tell. The listing on the site was even updated to say that this will be sold exclusively at their retailers.

d1rtn4p

On Toys R Us? Hard to tell. The listing on the site was even updated to say that this will be sold exclusively at their retailers.

Alright thanks. Man, just bummed this thing has been so hard to find. Really hoping Nintendo gets some good stock in stores before Christmas.

Probably been said before, but selling this at 60 bucks makes Nintendo's policy of selling NES games for the Wii U at 5 bucks each a farce.

150 bucks of games on this thing and that doesn't cover the console or the controller.

Josh5890

Probably been said before, but selling this at 60 bucks makes Nintendo's policy of selling NES games for the Wii U at 5 bucks each a farce.

150 bucks of games on this thing and that doesn't cover the console or the controller.

I hope this leads to much better pricing with the Switch's virtual console
but im not holding my breath

On a side note I think it's silly to keep paying for games many of us have owned 10 times over. It would be nice to redo the virtual console to be a all I one go to source for their whole library

Tomorrow Toys R Us are getting a big reship but it's too hot of an item so it'll sell out worse than release day due to scalpers. I decided to get a Wii and a CRT. 240p retroarch and 8bitdo controllers.

Bought my brother in law a raspberry pi.

Nintendo lost 2 sales via me.

Yeah, just tried to get in line at Toys R Us, at 5 AM here, and no luck. They had already given out tickets for the alottment. Tried Walmart on the way home, and they said nothing in their morning shipment.

jmizzal

Yeah, just tried to get in line at Toys R Us, at 5 AM here, and no luck. They had already given out tickets for the alottment. Tried Walmart on the way home, and they said nothing in their morning shipment.

Wait people were in line that early, I might as well not even try, I thought going at 7 would be fine

Do we know how many each store is getting? Does Breakseek show

jmizzal

The TRU I just went to got 8, but were all claimed hours ago. People in line had been there since last night.

Do the people have to stand in line all night or did they get a ticket and went home and came back?

It's def not worth standing in line all night for

In line now at my tru. about 40 in front of me. Some folks waiting for the hatchimal though. No idea how many they got. Keep me in your thoughts Gaf.

Sarcasm? As if thats not 80%-90% true in these cases?

Totally is. Craigslist here in the Chicago area has at least 50 listings for these things at $180+ a pop. Fuck em.

Was at Toys R Us two hours early before opening and at least 30 people in line. First people in line were in a giant tent, at least 4 of them and they all got tickets.

Standing in line for 8 hours to buy a 60 dollar console that you can get for about 200 dollars on eBay makes no sense to me. If you have a job where you make around 15 bucks an hour, you could have made up the difference in a single 8 hour shift. And you wouldn't have to stand in the freezing cold.

Standing in line for 8 hours to buy a 60 dollar console that you can get for about 200 dollars on eBay makes no sense to me. If you have a job where you make around 15 bucks an hour, you could have made up the difference in a single 8 hour shift. And you wouldn't have to stand in the freezing cold.

People that are scalping these are most likely not making $15 an hour.

And people also make a living off of buying and selling shit like this. That's why some scalpers have time to wait outside the store for 8 hours. That's basically their single shift.

120v

holidays... people want to pinch every penny they can. if this were any other time of the year i'd have no issue paying the resell price, personally

sphinx

the piano man
paying 200 is 140 dls above retail price..

140 US FREAKING DOLLARS

I guess if I earned like $1000 a day, there wouldn't be a mental barrier there to climb, I wouldn't give a damn, probably, even then, I'd still have remorse, like someone is stealing from me

People that are scalping these are most likely not making $15 an hour.

And people also make a living off of buying and selling shit like this. That's why some scalpers have time to wait outside the store for 8 hours. That's basically their single shift.

holidays... people want to pinch every penny they can. if this were any other time of the year i'd have no issue paying the resell price, personally

absolutely, they know nintendo won't be able to keep up with demand during holidays so whatever nintendo ships, they buy and keep it sold out so they can keep selling x2 or x3 the price online

Zombine

Banned
I've already promised myself that I will be taking a wait and see approach. If I find one while I'm out...great. If not--whatever.

Im tired of this artificial shortage that caters directly to scalpers.

d1rtn4p

Running out of hope that these will be available for Christmas. Sadly, think I'm going to have to start looking at Ebay. Looks like they're going for about $200-250 right now.

I've given up on getting an extra controller for this thing. Honestly, it's so uncomfortable to play without an extension cable, I'm just waiting around until the accessories become more available to really dig in. Damn shame.

Sanjuro

I'm not messing with B&M unless it is something random. The line near my local TRU this morning is apparently 40+ deep.

KaYotiX

Banned
I've already promised myself that I will be taking a wait and see approach. If I find one while I'm out...great. If not--whatever.

Im tired of this artificial shortage that caters directly to scalpers.

Said the same thing at launch.

I'll get it eventually and I'll enjoy it for a few weeks and it will collect dust. Can't imagine paying anything more than retail price for it. Folks paying $200+ for this thing are just plain insane.

sphinx

the piano man
Welp, just grabbed one for $253 off ebay. That'll be my son's big gift...

man, why that price?

here in Germany is going for about 120-150 euros on ebay auctions.

anyway, I hope your son likes it. if he does that will make you feel better about paying that price.

Your child discovering a Zelda temple for the first time = Priceless.

d1rtn4p

man, why that price?

here in Germany is going for about 120-150 euros on ebay auctions.

anyway, I hope your son likes it. if he does that will make you feel better about paying that price.

Your child discovering a Zelda temple for the first time = Priceless.

That's the way I'm looking at it. It's his first console (he's 5), so I think he's going to love it. Have no worries that he'll play the hell out of it.

hurzelein

Does Kirby show some very noticeable slowdons for others as well (FPS slowdowns in some situations). Was this in the original game or bad emulation?

Also, does Super Mario Bros 1 control that awkward? Not talking about input lag (which there definitly is some as I'm playing on an older CRT. But SMB3 controlls controls feel so much tighter and more precise, especially when speinting). I never played the original NES games so I can only compare between 1 and 3 on the NES mini.

Thanks for clarification.

Lol@cable length. What were they thinking. Sitting on my Couch, the NES is at my feet. Except, it's not standing on the ground but needs to be on an 20cm high box, otherwise there isn't enough cable. Ridiculous.

Justinh

I really, really wanted one of these things but Nintendo's inability to get these in the hands of people who want one makes me not want one anymore.

I've pretty much written it off and decided that after the holidays I'm just going to get a retroUSB AVS and a cart of Super C instead. I already have carts of some the games I wanted to play with this thing anyways.

Welp, just grabbed one for $253 off ebay. That'll be my son's big gift...
Glad you don't have to worry about getting one anymore, but I'm sorry you had to overpay so much for the damn thing.

JDdelphin

Called TRU today- "Thank you for calling ToysRUs. We do not have anymore NES classics or Hatchimals, this is Cindy- how can I help you?"

Really was thinking of introducing my 5 year old to Nintendo and getting back to the Nintendo brand... but holy crap.

-but not if he's into it next year and they pull this garbage again and its PRESSURE to deliver the holiday goods.

Top Bottom