• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Hawk269

You probably know this already, but the Wii classic controller functions as a second controller option. You can even get back to the menu without having to touch the console by pushing the home button.

Thanks, I did not know this. It has been a long time since I touched a Wii Classic, but does it just plug into the NES Mini Classic console and works that way? How long is the controller cord?

Guzim

Thanks, I did not know this. It has been a long time since I touched a Wii Classic, but does it just plug into the NES Mini Classic console and works that way? How long is the controller cord?
It's barely longer than the controller that comes with the NES classic.

I worked at BB during launch If I remember we only get 10-15.

I worked at one too. I remember tipping off my girlfriend at the time (wife now) about a shipment very close to Christmas. I don't know the exact number shipped but it was a huge shipment. Needless to say I got one for Christmas as well as her cousins as they showed up to the store ready to buy. These little shipments of 2 units are a complete joke. Maybe there will be a similar shipment. It's still early.

With shortages like this since the Wii, you'd think they would have learned by now.

I don't believe for a second that this is on purpose. It has to be incompetence.

I probably wont bother trying to get one off urban outfitters. Knowing them and their shitty company practices they are probably just trying to get a bunch of people to register for accounts on their website (because everyone is going to make an account before trying to buy an NES classic). They'll probably have a few units to sell but 99% of people who made accounts still wont get one

jmizzal

With shortages like this since the Wii, you'd think they would have learned by now.

I don't believe for a second that this is on purpose. It has to be incompetence.

Yea I think it has a lot to due with manufacturing, people need to remember they are gonna have the Switch coming out in March and those are getting manufactured and are first priority for Nintendo. Nintendo is not gonna over spend to manufacture a retro system. Nintendo is being very cautious after the WiiU.

Yea I think it has a lot to due with manufacturing, people need to remember they are gonna have the Switch coming out in March and those are getting manufactured and are first priority for Nintendo. Nintendo is not gonna over spend to manufacture a retro system. Nintendo is being very cautious after the WiiU.

But considering they aren't manufacturing Wii U's anymore, you would think they would be able to spit out these NES Classics even faster. Is their factory a small sweatshop in Miyamoto's basement or something?

Sephzilla

But wouldn't a deliberate shortage also qualify as incompetence?

2btBLGt.png

Walmart pulled through for me. They emailed me that it was ready last night and I picked it up this morning with no problems. Those controllers seem rare.

//ARCANUM

So do we have any word on when Urban Outfitters will have NES Classic on sale? Will it be tonight online? In store only? If tonight online, any idea what time? Thanks!

boiled goose

good with gravy
But wouldn't a deliberate shortage also qualify as incompetence?

2btBLGt.png

That's too incompetent to be real. Only on game forums do people think deliberate shortages generate enough demand to be profitable. (They don't)

Nintendo is overly conservative with production. Making more requires increasing capacity which can be a wasted investment once the intial surge of demand has been met.

They are incompetent enough to not understand their own markets. They are not incompetent enough to never have taken an economics 1 course.

Penguin

Target, they had a big restock in my city. I got the ticket, I finally got this damn thing. Just waiting for the door to open!

Big as in every target in 30 miles got some, this store was closest and only had 3.

It's over... It's finally over.

Congrats

Welcome to the club!

King Al B

Finally got a NES Classic at the local Wally-Mart. Got out of work went to Walmart. Ask the guy at the electronics desk and he handed one to me. I feel like i won the lottery!

They better keep producing these well into next year. With the twins coming I probably won't be able to pick one up until like April, I better not have to buy a scalper's because Nintendo decided to do only a limited run.

Penguin

Yeah now it's saying that it was sold out

Seems like the site was bonked or something. Didn't open in Chrome, but when went Chrome incognito, opened fine.

Dinosur

Submit Order button didn't do anything on urban outfitters, but I did get an email that the order went through. Guess we'll wait and see.

Thanks for the link. I've been going to walmart every day trying to get one of these for my BIL for xmas (and one for myself obviously) to no avail.

edit: They took my money from paypal so that's promising!

//ARCANUM

It *might* be gone on urban outfitters. I have had the page loaded on my computer and nothing was happening. Tried on the phone and it loaded and I placed an order. Email says I'll be charged when it ships (who knows if it will). But now on my phone it says this item is not available (after I went back and tried adding to bag again and it said it was out of stock, then changed to not available).

It *might* be gone on urban outfitters. I have had the page loaded on my computer and nothing was happening. Tried on the phone and it loaded and I placed an order. Email says I'll be charged when it ships (who knows if it will). But now on my phone it says this item is not available (after I went back and tried adding to bag again and it said it was out of stock, then changed to not available).

Man, I tried it on Chrome with and without Incognito. Tried it in Firefox with and without private browsing. Tried it on Chrome on my phone, tried it on Safari on my phone. Can't get past that NES Splash Screen.

I don't remember the NES having loading screens.

Same thing I was thinking.

Seems like the only way now is it know in advance what location will be getting the system and then to get there unreasonably early. It's either that or pay $220.

I don't even want one for myself because what am I going to do with an NES classic? It's the reason why I wasn't on alert at launch. It's great as a gift though.

The item was there to be bought, but every time I clicked add to cart, it said Error, because my local store didn't have it available. It wouldn't even give me the option for online delivery.

Top Bottom