• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

SpaceHorror

Is there not an official product page on Walmart's website? I'm out of town until this evening but Brick Seek says some are in stock at my local store. I wanted to try to do a pick up in store order but the website only has those third party ones for like 250 bucks.

Walmart's website is always so frustrating with how it handles pick up from store.

fernoca

Is there not an official product page on Walmart's website? I'm out of town until this evening but Brick Seek says some are in stock at my local store. I wanted to try to do a pick up in store order but the website only has those third party ones for like 250 bucks.

Walmart's website is always so frustrating with how it handles pick up from store.
Is the same one from what I've seen. Whenever it goes out of stock, it just shows the third party offers.

BFIB

I'll try the Brickseek method. There has not been one hint of these things around St. Louis since launch.

GTI Guy

62% in stock none anywhere near me lol

Target had 8% in stock but almost all the stores near me had about 3-8, tho they were gone as soon as the store opened

I don't think brickseek works right for Walmart it's always been above 60% and I've NEVER seen a unit in inventory at Walmart for the last couple of weeks.

BFIB

Went around my local shops today, and all of them stated they have only received a few since launch.

St. Louis, so the midwest always gets the trickle downs from the coasts. I'll get this.....someday......

NateDrake

ThinkGeek is letting people add NES Classic to their Wishlists and then on Monday, Dec. 12 they'll email people from a random lottery a code to buy the product. The code is good for 24hrs and they'll select people until stock is gone.

ThinkGeek is letting people add NES Classic to their Wishlists and then on Monday, Dec. 12 they'll email people from a random lottery codes to buy the product.
Time for me to signup..

Jesus christ im jumping through hoops for this thing. Doesnt help I just quit best buy. Still have my contacts there though.

GTI Guy

ThinkGeek is letting people add NES Classic to their Wishlists and then on Monday, Dec. 12 they'll email people from a random lottery a code to buy the product. The code is good for 24hrs and they'll select people until stock is gone.

Can't find the product on their site. You got a link?

Boke1879

You know I really hope they have a bit more in the realm of quantities out there for this thing. I'm sure they'll be plentiful in the new year, but come on. Nintendo really shouldn't be dropping the ball on this stuff.

Kinda makes me think that we won't see a SNES mini for a while after seeing the news that NERD is working on GC VC games for Switch :/

Narroo

Kinda makes me think that we won't see a SNES mini for a while after seeing the news that NERD is working on GC VC games for Switch :/

There's a good possibility that the NES Mini was a testing ground for NERD's emulation softeware. They might not have a reason to make the SNES Mini.

BFIB

A fellow gaffer PM'ed me yesterday, telling me they have an extra one. Just cost of the unit plus shipping.

Dr. Stabbingworth, you rock!

There's a good possibility that the NES Mini was a testing ground for NERD's emulation softeware. They might not have a reason to make the SNES Mini.

Unless they want a license to print money which a SNES mini would be, if they actually make enough for people to buy and not create an environment for scalpers to hoard and markup the price 3-4 times the MSRP.

maxcriden

A fellow gaffer PM'ed me yesterday, telling me they have an extra one. Just cost of the unit plus shipping.

Dr. Stabbingworth, you rock!

He is seriously amazing. He is dedicated to spreading holiday joy. He offered me one like a month ago so he must still be trying to get them to GAFers. What a guy!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
They will have them in store on the 20th, first come first served

This is Bestbuy first restock so I hope most stores will have over 20, some walmarts and targets have gotten around 20.

Gotcha. I live something like five minutes away from a Best Buy so I could probably drop in early that morning and nab one for a gift, but knowing my luck there will likely be some crazies out there camping overnight so I'll probably pass for now.

nullpoynter

Thanks for the heads up!

BFIB

He is seriously amazing. He is dedicated to spreading holiday joy. He offered me one like a month ago so he must still be trying to get them to GAFers. What a guy!

It was out of nowhere, I was mainly just venting on this thread due to the shortage frustration, me and the wife have been watching our nephew, he's seven, and just got introduced into gaming through me. He told me he wants to "play what I played", so this is the perfect introduction. I cannot wait to go through Legend of Zelda with him.

It really made my day, this forum is the absolute best.

Yeah Best buy will have them Tuesday, Dec. 20th.

If you're desperate, camp out. It is a weekday so I doubt people would do that but then again it's a hot item so it probably won't be as easy as the release day.

jbug617

Banned
NES Classic Editions available NOW at #AmazonBooks in Seattle, Portland, San Diego! LIMITED SUPPLY. Find your store: http://amazon.com/amazonbooks
CzFvG11UUAAu2Le.jpg

maxcriden

It was out of nowhere, I was mainly just venting on this thread due to the shortage frustration, me and the wife have been watching our nephew, he's seven, and just got introduced into gaming through me. He told me he wants to "play what I played", so this is the perfect introduction. I cannot wait to go through Legend of Zelda with him.

It really made my day, this forum is the absolute best.

That is heartwarming. I'm sure he will enjoy it so much playing together with you. :) NeoGAF can really be a wonderful place at times. So glad your and your family's holiday season will be improved!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I sincerely hope that wasn't what their "Exciting Announcement" was about.

It really is going to be nearly impossible to get this thing until after Christmas. :(
It's not a great sign when the worlds biggest online retailer is only selling the thing out of three physical locations.

It's not a great sign when the worlds biggest online retailer is only selling the thing out of three physical locations.

I mean, that can't be what they were referring to as exciting news, can it? Why would they hype that up? Just tweet the details of the event rather than getting everyone's hopes up that it was going to be available online.

jmizzal

I mean, that can't be what they were referring to as exciting news, can it? Why would they hype that up? Just tweet the details of the event rather than getting everyone's hopes up that it was going to be available online.

They did say a couple of announcements, so i'm assuming its one more coming

"Amazon Video GamesVerified account
‏@amazongames
NES Classic fans: we've got a couple exciting announcements to make in the coming week. Stay tuned for more info soon!"

Top Bottom