• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

GTI Guy

CzFvG11UUAAu2Le.jpg

Oh great my wife is having surgery this morning so I can't go to the Amazon store. THANKS wife!

GTI Guy

Surely she can reschedule her oh so important surgery right?
I hope the surgery goes well. Best of luck to you and your wife.

Apparently it's 'important' and needs to happen 'as soon as possible' sounds like attention seeking to me and I get hosed.
It's her gall bladder. she'll be ok. Yes she is more important than this toy. :p

Impotaku

Finally my order shipped from the uk nintendo store, will be pleased to get it here & wrapped up for my mum. Was worth the wait to get it for £49.99

I'll get mine eventually. Order was placed on November 22.

Walmart.com said:
Dear Illuisve_Juan

I’m following up on the status of the order you recently placed for the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. We are still awaiting the additional inventory which was delayed a bit due to weather and other factors but I wanted to confirm that we will be shipping these items to you to arrive before Christmas.

If you prefer to cancel your order instead of waiting on your gaming system to be delivered, you can take that action by accessing your My Account page. No action is required by you if you still prefer to have your order fulfilled.

Walmart takes great pride in ensuring the satisfaction of our customers and I know we fell short with this issue. Please accept my sincere apologies for disappointing you during the holiday season.

They gave me a 5 percent discount.

jbug617

Banned
Amazon announced that the San Diego store sold out of the NES Classic. The other 2 stores have some in stock.

Edit: Portland store close due to snow. They still have some in stock and will sell it once the store opens again.

Cherubae

Edit: Portland store close due to snow. They still have some in stock and will sell it once the store opens again.

I was just there about two hours ago because the bus I was riding (snow = no driving) happened to stop at the mall where the Amazon store was located, which is technically in Tigard and not in Portland. I saw the tweet on my way home from work and assumed when Amazon meant "Portland" they were referencing downtown, so I wasn't going to bother pursuing it until I realized the store was at the mall that my bus was stopping at next. So I hopped off the bus to check it out. Because the bad weather kept everyone home today the store had plenty still in stock, but they didn't have any spare controllers; just a large stack of consoles behind the checkout counter, restricted to one purchase per person.

The Amazon stores are card only, so the checkout person showed me how to use my Amazon app to complete the transaction. Good luck to those who are still searching!

Really think Nintendo should halt shipments right after Xmas and just relaunch this thing. Do it right. It's still going to sell after Xmas and this way people can get into preorders rather than this desperate searching.

Honestly I've just about given up on getting a mini :/

I mean it's been almost a month since release and the quantities Nintendo has supplied for restocks is a joke.

sphinx

the piano man
Wow, the NES mini I bought yesterday went from shipping on the 8th January to shipping in the next 5 days :O that's pretty nice

in the last 12 hours or so, I've seen the german amazon retailer going up 3 times and disappearing after 15 minutes or so.

Continental EU should keep an eye there

Seiru

Banned
I decided to just make the two systems I wanted to give away as gifts. Bought all the Raspberry Pi parts I need. Good luck to the rest of you.

I'm not laughing at people wanting it, I'm laughing at how mean this is. I can imagine TRU doing it intentionally knowing they don't have any.

It's so cruel I actually kinda don't want it anymore. It was originally gonna be my holiday purchase along with Final Fantasy XV but I was more than happy to replace it with The Last Guardian. I went from hyped getting it day one to eh maybe I'll get it when it starts staying on store shelves. May even wait for it to go on sale at this point.

I'm not laughing at people wanting it, I'm laughing at how mean this is. I can imagine TRU doing it intentionally knowing they don't have any.
Yeah they know they don't have it in stock. They let the public know when they'll put them on shelves ahead of time along with those hatchimals. The "sale" will end the day before they put their limited stock back on shelves

Also, down to 2% in stock at Targets on BrickSeek. It was as high as 8% at one point. It just keeps getting harder to find :(

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-29-0180

Swordian

The NES Classic isn't specifically on sale. All accessories (retro consoles are accessories, apparently) are 25% off. PS VR is $300, for example.

GTI Guy

720p is all you need. I have my HD NES set-up at 720p when I could use 1080p. Something to with scaling integers.

I have an RGB NES plus Framemeister. If I was choosing today, I'd get an AVS.

720p will suffer from TV lag when its internal scaler has to scale up to 1080p. Pixel wise, 720p is more than enough resolution to look good, but you are in the same lag territory as emulation options when running at 720p and scaling to 1080p.

HiDef NES is flawed because it lacks the "integer +" scaling options found on the N64 UltraHDMI (1200 vertical pixels with slight overscan).

Unfortunately for 1080p TV's, you really should be waiting for the Nt mini for (ugh) $450 or just deal with the minor input lag on a Raspberry Pi 3 running at 1200p.

That, or you should be on a CRT (much cheaper option really, and most authentic).

StAidan

720p will suffer from TV lag when its internal scaler has to scale up to 1080p. Pixel wise, 720p is more than enough resolution to look good, but you are in the same lag territory as emulation options when running at 720p and scaling to 1080p.

While there is certainly added lag from upscaling, most TVs are highly optimized for 720p->1080p conversion due to how commonly that upscale operation is needed. Even on the most demanding NES games (Punch-Out!! for example), it's unlikely you'd notice a difference.

zarnold56

I just need to find a second controller. Official one preferred.

At Gamestop, the manager I talked to said they made less controllers than consoles according to his Nintendo rep. I just ended up buying a Wii classic controller. Seems plaves getting restocks are just getting the console.

At Gamestop, the manager I talked to said they made less controllers than consoles according to his Nintendo rep. I just ended up buying a Wii classic controller. Seems plaves getting restocks are just getting the console.

Exactly what I had to do. It's pretty handy having the home button on the controller also.

Top Bottom