• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Yea, I think that deal is better then the $130 which sold out faster, unless you really wanted the art your paying $60 extra for it.

Agreed. I was a bit bummed that I missed out on the cheapest offer until I realized that that bundle actually offered the least amount of value.

I got the $150 bundle. Only wish it had the extension cord, but those are easy to find still. Now the hunt is on for a 2nd controller.

wiibomb

So, you're saying Amazon is in cahoots with Nintendo on the manufactured scarcity?

I think we heard here in gaf once that Nintendo could totally tell amazon when to sell the product shipments they received, much like preorders, and given that case, I wouldn't be too surprised if amazon was stalled by Nintendo on selling these units

Most likely was a coordinated release for people to know about Amazon Prime Now.

if that was the case, then they could have done the same thing they are doing now, but weeks earlier, no need to delay the units wasting money in storage for a marketing stunt that could be done a lot before

Chucker

Paul hooked it up, now the office is playing Double Dragon.

Paid less than retail, didn't have to move my feet. Good shit Amazon.

Chuckl3s

I keep hearing the 20th thrown around. Can someone confirm when they will be back in stock? I'm assuming amazon is waiting for last minute?

Lgndryhr

My interest in this item was lacking when first announced and even less when I saw the shortness of the controller cord. Then I got some interest right around release as a nostalgic thing and nice decorative piece. Now my interest has gone due to this terrible handling of supply. Knew something was up once they didn't allow pre-orders. If Nintendo pull this with the Switch then you can bet I won't get one until a price drop or great bundle deal provided I like it once I try it.

MrNelson

Banned
I keep hearing the 20th thrown around. Can someone confirm when they will be back in stock? I'm assuming amazon is waiting for last minute?

There was an email that said that Best Buy would be selling more on the 20th. The way it was worded makes it seem that it will be sent out on the 19th.

Icefire1424

All the stories I've read in this thread just reiterates how much fun it would have been to bring this to my parents house this Christmas, where my now adult brother, my daughter and I could all spent the day playing NES.

Dammit.

A person on Reddit claims that you can return individual items to Gamestop out of these bundles.

According to Gamestop's return policy, they don't accept returns on individual items that were included in a bundle unless the bundle is complete.

Their claim is that the receipt shows the products itemized individually and that the store employees don't know/don't care if the item you're returning was a part of a bundle.

Is this just skirting around the policy and taking advantage of a naive employee, or is this a legit way to return items I don't want from the bundle I bought?

Smh at people paying above MSRP for this thing.

Fuck Nintendo

It's embarrassing for so many parties and so many levels.

If you want the fucking thing, sure, get it for a premium, but the worst thing is this is not the hottest item around Xmas. It sells worse than a freaking ps3 or 360, and at 60 bucks.

Nintendo has really screwed the pooch here.

Gray-Fox

A person on Reddit claims that you can return individual items to Gamestop out of these bundles.

According to Gamestop's return policy, they don't accept returns on individual items that were included in a bundle unless the bundle is complete.

Their claim is that the receipt shows the products itemized individually and that the store employees don't know/don't care if the item you're returning was a part of a bundle.

Is this just skirting around the policy and taking advantage of a naive employee, or is this a legit way to return items I don't want from the bundle I bought?

link to post?

UK stock checkers haven't shown anything anywhere since the 6th - what's the current state of play over here? Any more stock due?

Even fucking Maplins and Simply Games are scalping these things and selling them for around a 100% markup.

PMS341

When I worked at Gamestop, the receipt from an online purchase would show the entire bundle, and we were required to take back the entire bundle. Now a store-bought bundle with itemize everything, so that might be a bit more doable. They could have changed things since then, though.

Gamestop also purposefully holds a lot of their stock specifically for these types of bundles, as they would do in the past. Often times we would upset the customer trying to explain that corporate would only allow this stock to be sold in bundles (based on demand/profit/etc), but there wasn't anything we could really do for them.

wiibomb

I'm following the GPS map they have and Elvis (my delivery person) passed right besides the building but didn't enter it...

I'm worried :(

I'm following the GPS map they have and Elvis (my delivery person) passed right besides the building but didn't enter it...

I'm worried :(

Delivered to someone else.

elnix.gif

jmizzal

Interesting, if that works I will def try to return the $45 guide, the rest of the stuff I want to keep. Even if they just give me store credit.

Edit
Sweet another guy backed him up on the link - https://hw.reddit.com/r/nintendo/com...ition/db6tla1/
The lamp is from ThinkGeek so i'm thinking they are def listed separately

When I worked at Gamestop, the receipt from an online purchase would show the entire bundle, and we were required to take back the entire bundle. Now a store-bought bundle with itemize everything, so that might be a bit more doable. They could have changed things since then, though.

Gamestop also purposefully holds a lot of their stock specifically for these types of bundles, as they would do in the past. Often times we would upset the customer trying to explain that corporate would only allow this stock to be sold in bundles (based on demand/profit/etc), but there wasn't anything we could really do for them.

So with ordering this bundle through their website, it would likely show up as a bundle on the receipt then?

Interesting, if that works I will def try to return the $45 guide, the rest of the stuff I want to keep. Even if they just give me store credit.

Edit
Sweet another guy backed him up on the link - https://hw.reddit.com/r/nintendo/com...ition/db6tla1/
The lamp is from ThinkGeek so i'm thinking they are def listed separately

Both the OP and the person backing them up are suggesting it's possible if bought in store, but like the PMS341 says, the online receipt shows it was a part of bundle.

Either way, it won't hurt to try.

Memles

Saw the tweet, and immediately scrambled to order one (so fast I didn't have time to stop and check for the $10 coupon for a first Prime Now purchase)—then, as I debated whether I should keep it for myself or give it to my brother, I was like "Wait, will it let me place another order?" And it did.

And then two hours later, there were two NES Classic Editions on my doorstep. What a time to be alive, y'all.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So now Portland, San Francisco, San Diego, D.C., Virginia Beach, Richmond, Baltimore, Raleigh, Nashville, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa and Orlando all had their chances to get one.

I wonder when Amazon actually gives a shit about the rest of the country.

So now Portland, San Francisco, San Diego, D.C., Virginia Beach, Richmond, Baltimore, Raleigh, Nashville, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa and Orlando all had their chances to get one.

I wonder when Amazon actually gives a shit about the rest of the country.

Wait what? When did SF get a chance?

wiibomb

oh my!!! they actually delivered it to my address.. got one then..

I just hope that flimsy bag in which they delivered it can resist the trip to my country.

PikkonX

oh please do, I would love to know if this is actually Nintendo actively trying to make an artificial demand

My gf works at one of the Prime Now warehouses as well and this is true. They only started receiving them last week though in preparation for today's sale, so they weren't sitting on them for very long. As far as the main "real" Amazon warehouses, who knows how long they sat on the shipment prior to sending to the Prime Now/west coast Prime stores.

BFIB

LOL, this controller cord is no joke. I can't even strangle myself with it in frustration when I replay Ghosts and Goblins.

Ashens reviews the NES Classic Edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2FPtJc5JWc

He makes an interesting point that the original NES just wasn't a big seller in the UK and people who grew up during that generation would have more than likely had a ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, or a Sega Master System. The original NES just wasn't a big seller in the UK or Europe at all.

It's kind of sad that I want to give one for Christmas to someone, but refuse to give up mine because I don't have any faith I'll be able to replace it after the holiday is over.

Nairume

Banned
I guess this doesn't necessarily mean game stop isn't letting loose tomorrow, but I just went by the closest gamestop (in the northeast Atlanta metro area for context) and they haven't put up any signs about whether or not they will be selling any tomorrow (or, rather, today). It could just mean this one location doesn't have any to sell, but I imagine they'd still put a note up in that case.

GTI Guy

I guess this doesn't necessarily mean game stop isn't letting loose tomorrow, but I just went by the closest gamestop (in the northeast Atlanta metro area for context) and they haven't put up any signs about whether or not they will be selling any tomorrow (or, rather, today). It could just mean this one location doesn't have any to sell, but I imagine they'd still put a note up in that case.

I called my local gamestop and asked them if they would be selling units tomorrow and the guy didn't seem to know anything about the on-sale tomorrow. He said Friday though. Interesting.

Toparaman

Banned
Seems like the vast majority of people who wanted one for Christmas won't be getting one.

What annoys me is that they wouldn't even take pre-orders for it.

Just got back from a late night scouting trip...no sign up at my local Gamestop. I was in there on Monday, and they guy said that they would be selling them on Friday and that they would have three of them. Not sure if I will head out early Thursday or not now since it just started snowing pretty hard. I wouldn't mind waiting if I knew they would have one for me though.

Top Bottom