• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

MyEpitomeCliché;226627239 said:
GameStop will be selling these tomorrow. Each store has received 3 units max.

That explains the handful of people I saw waiting outside one on my way to a client site this morning.

Meier

Had it carted and ready to go in Austin but I hesitated because I didn't think I'd actually keep it. Missed out. Oh well.

RowdyReverb

Several Target locations near me had inventories in the double digits this morning, which is a first. Maybe they're ramping up shipments?

Nairume

Banned
Managed to snag one from the gamestop I mentioned last night. It turns out that they just didn't put a sign up because of the leaked email. Guy said he figured people were going to line up regardless. They got three for today (another store in the area got six, while yet another got none), and all of them (including mine) were gone within minutes since another guy and I were already waiting and somebody else came in immediately after we were let in. According to the manager, they (as in gamestop as a whole) are supposed to be selling more tomorrow, corroborating what the one guy said about hearing that Friday was the day he heard they'd be selling more. They had only received today's stock of NES's so far, so the guy didn't know if the next shipment was coming in today or if they'd be in tomorrow(and thus go on sale after they were processed, rather than when the store opened).

That said, I got there only 20 minutes before the store opened and there was only the one guy before me. We might be at the point were demand has tapered off enough to where you don't have to get to the store that early to get one now. Either way, tomorrow is another chance, so good luck to everyone else!

My order from Gamestop shipped last night.

Decided to purchase an extension cord, original NES controller & an adapter on Amazon. $40 extra for an authentic experience.

Not looking forward to the SNES Classic....my poor wallet.

120v

phew ... god bless amazon now

and HOLY SHIT is this box small. dying to see how tiny the thing is but its a present, opening it would feel cheap

I showed up to my Gamestop an hour and a half early. Still 45 minutes to wait, and it's freezing out, but it has been confirmed that I will get one when they open.

No one else has shown up yet.

EDIT: Ok he came back out and said the NES weren't delivered yet fml. Should have them at 1 hopefully. So close I could taste it!

EDIT 2: Annnd they decided not to sell any until tomorrow since that's what they have been telling people all week ): NOOOO

Sold out in Dallas, had to be quicker on the draw. I can wait until after Christmas I just hope supply becomes steady enough that I don't have to hope to get lucky before it gets discontinued. :|

Vamphuntr

Finally managed to get one from amazon.ca. It stayed up for about 10 minutes according to stock tracker probably because it was prime only.

Went to the GameStop near my office which hasn't open yet but the guy inside was kind enough to tell me they didn't have any today rather than let me wait an hour until they did open.

hayejin

Since NES/prime now was only available on east coast these two days, any chance it might be available on west coast tomorrow?

I showed up to my Gamestop an hour and a half early. Still 45 minutes to wait, and it's freezing out, but it has been confirmed that I will get one when they open.

No one else has showed up yet.

EDIT: Ok he came back out and said they haven't showed up yet fml. Should have them at 1 hopefully. So close I could taste it!

Did you make him give you a ticket or something? It'd be bullshit if you showed up but a delay in delivery keeps you from it.

GTI Guy

Went to gamestop this morning about 1.5 hours before opening. First in line! manager showed up about 30 min before opening. Had no idea about the NES sale today. I mentioned the email and if she could look at it, she said sure and she came back out to tell me that the email is real however they had no units.

FUCK

jmizzal

My bundle order from gamestop last night shipped says should be here Tomorrow

I still might try gamestop in store tomorrow and bestbuy on the 20th for gifts

Koppai

It doesn't even pop up on my Amazon and I am in Houston. It's a shame I know my coworker is looking for one. But maybe he will have better luck waiting at Best Buy.

wiibomb

It doesn't even pop up on my Amazon and I am in Houston. It's a shame I know my coworker is looking for one. But maybe he will have better luck waiting at Best Buy.

that is because if it runs out of stick the listing just disappears, if you don't find it, it is because it is out of stock.

BTW, this was several hours ago, it wouldn't last minutes

Koppai

that is because if it runs out of stick the listing just disappears, if you don't find it, it is because it is out of stock.

BTW, this was several hours ago, it wouldn't last minutes

I already have an NES Classic Mini and a Famicom Mini so I'm not terribly upset. Honestly just want another one to give as a gift but not gonna go wait in line for it either lol.

Nairume

Banned
Went to gamestop this morning about 1.5 hours before opening. First in line! manager showed up about 30 min before opening. Had no idea about the NES sale today. I mentioned the email and if she could look at it, she said sure and she came back out to tell me that the email is real however they had no units.

FUCK
It sounds like they allotted three per store, and then some regions had some units rerouted to other stores for some reason. Most of the stores around here got the three that everybody was expecting, while one store specifically got six and another got none.

Koppai

Once again guys, it seems my local Best Buy is getting a shipment of 17, 24, and 10, not sure if all will be there but got some last night. But they put a street date for Tuesday the 20th, and it will probably be a ticketed item again. Good luck!

Lol I just went on Offer Up and there so many on there for $200 and less. I guess since they can't get those stupid Hatchimals they settle for these lol.

Turnbl

Has anybody tried the Orzly Retropads yet? 6ft cable and they are now in stock £15 for 1 or £25 for 2. Amazon UK link

I also see 8bitdo have a receiver/joypad package out in US tomorrow although $80 is a bit steep to do both joypads.

What have people ended up doing? Extending the hdmi/usb or extending/wireless(ing) the pads?

Emio finally shipped my NES Classic Edition Free Gift Pack from the Edge Joystick fiasco where it didn't actually work with the NES Classic Edition.

It includes the adapter to make the thing work, an extension cable and a MYYYYSTERY GIFT.

I wonder what the mystery gift is....

according to an instagrammer I follow, there is a 2nd run of Emio sticks that work right out of the box. Available on retail shelves now. Dunno what markings if any differentiate them though.

FUCK

Dude. I'm starting to feel real sad you can't get one. You been trying so hard. Hope you get one soon bro.

Stores still only getting 3 to 6? That's a disgrace but NINTENDO am I right?

A month ago, I spent a great deal of time arguing that the shortage was just due to Nintendo's incompetent logistics. But now, I'm leaning on the side of this being a deliberate trickling out of consoles, to nobody but the scalpers' benefits. I mean, ok, make the argument( which I never bought) that they underestimated demand. Ok, not expending the energy to argue either way. But now? Nintendo hasn't been able to mass produce enough of these $60 units with off the shelf parts to flood the market a week before Xmas? What a colossal fuck-up this has been.

Boke1879

A month ago, I spent a great deal of time arguing that the shortage was just due to Nintendo's incompetent logistics. But now, I'm leaning on the side of this being a deliberate trickling out of consoles, to nobody but the scalpers' benefits. I mean, ok, make the argument( which I never bought) that they underestimated demand. Ok, not expending the energy to argue either way. But now? Nintendo hasn't been able to mass produce enough of these $60 units with off the shelf parts to flood the market a week before Xmas? What a colossal fuck-up this has been.

I don't know what it is, but Nintendo needs to get shit for this and stop it. It could be incompetent logistics, but come on. This is why you hold preorders at major retailers for this stuff. If it's manufactured Nintendo can go fuck themselves because that's just shitty. That benefits no one but the scalpers and stores trying to up the price on this thing.

Top Bottom