• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

wiibomb

I'm freezing my ass outside Nintendo NYC since they announced a restock. Apparently they have been keeping track of people buying during restocks. Have to buy with valid ID and a credit/debit card. In addition, you couldn't have purchased during the last two restocks.

wow wow wow.... they are very strict now with purchases...

I wonder if a foreign could buy one given that ID policy

In Cincy, actually showing today, but wont allow you to add to cart, so I assume its gone already. Really wanted to take this to two family gatherings around Christmas, still blown away that its still THIS hard to get ahold of.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Ahh

Explains it

Seen folks complain on the line for being booted or whatever

Glad they are keeping track.

One last thing to add, anyone that purchased today won't be able to buy until the new year and I'm perfectly fine with that.

wow wow wow.... they are very strict now with purchases...

I wonder if a foreign could buy one given that ID policy

Yea I think it should be okay. I think the ID is more to be sure you aren't at all the restock and buying them.

yeah because they sold them yesterday even though they originally said they were holding them for today.

there was an email on that instructed employees to hold everything they got in this week for a 'street date' of Friday. then, yesterday morning, they magically said "hey nevermind! sell them right now".

so this really nice guy that comes to my store every day looking for these, i explain to him on Wednesday that he doesn't even need to check tomorrow, because it's gonna be first come first served Friday morning. told him that on Wednesday, even though i don't think i was supposed to. i was trying to be a good person, he really wants one of these things!

so i have yesterday off.. but i came online to see a picture of ANOTHER email, the one from yesterday morning that said sell them anyway!

so now i look like a complete douchebag telling this guy that the one day he for sure COULDN'T get one would have been his only shot at one this week. ugh it's so frustrating. i was trying to help the guy. don't post this in the thread please.

I showed up yesterday and mine told me to come back today. Thankfully got there an hour and a half early bc two other guys got out of their cars when they saw me line up. The store had three to sell today.

Finally grabbed one via amazin prime now, even got $5 off. So I'm doing some searching for an extra controller, are those hard as shit to come by also? Wtf is going on.

I'm freezing my ass outside Nintendo NYC since they announced a restock. Apparently they have been keeping track of people buying during restocks. Have to buy with valid ID and a credit/debit card. In addition, you couldn't have purchased during the last two restocks.

Contradicting Reggie saying that there would be plenty by holiday. I expect this last shipment to be the last this year.. of course Nintendo is going to Nintendo.

FinKL

Okay dudes. I now need a second controller. What's the best way for me to get one.

Personally I'm scoping out the iam8bitdo Wireless NES adapter that comes with a 4 button NES like controller, I'm just waiting to hear individual impressions before jumping in.

Dartastic

Wii Classic controller, all the places I have been that gets the systems say they haven't seen controllers since the initial shipment.
I think I have one of those somewhere in a drawer... I guess I'll just use that. Thanks!
Personally I'm scoping out the iam8bitdo Wireless NES adapter that comes with a 4 button NES like controller, I'm just waiting to here individual impressions before jumping in.
Yeah, this is a christmas gift so I wanna keep them the same, but this is a good idea too.

Contradicting Reggie saying that there would be plenty by holiday. I expect this last shipment to be the last this year.. of course Nintendo is going to Nintendo.

I don't think forcing a one-per-customer rule is contradicting Reggie saying that there would be plenty for the holiday. There are lots of other things contradicting that, but not this rule.

jmizzal

Can confirm you can return the items from GameStop bundle. Manager was upset after he handed me cash and found out lol

Thanks my bundle should be here very soon, will return the expensive book lol

What receipt did you show them? email receipt or one that came with the package?

Gray-Fox

Thanks my bundle should be here very soon, will return the expensive book lol

What receipt did you show them? email receipt or one that came with the package?

The packing slips inside. They listed each item and a price with tax. Receipt does not mention a bundle.

Impotaku

Is the PAL version of the system playable in USA? Or the opposite?

There is no pal/ntsc this time, it outputs hdmi which works on any set from any region as far as i'm aware. The power requirements for it are the same too between versions you can buy one from any country and have it work as long as you have a hdmi socket and a usb socket thats powered by 5 volts at 1 amp

ViciousDS

Banned
Can confirm you can return the items from GameStop bundle. Manager was upset after he handed me cash and found out lol

Hahahaha, sounds like the ultimate Xbox one bundle I bought launch week.

$1100 dollars

I returned everything but the stuff I wanted and payed normal price without the stock shortage for that week

Bog

Junior Ace
I'm fairly certain ThinkGeek was never getting them. But hey, now they have another 10,000 names in their database.

RBH

Cz91svKUcAAisX-.jpg:large

NES Classic will be sold at Best Buy on 12/20

Stores will be getting a minimum of 12 units with larger stores getting up to 24. All units will be ticketed and cannot be sold prior to 12/20. Best Buy stores open at 8am on 12/20.

ugh why are they opening at 8 am, I was gonna show up at 8 they usually open at 10am

I dont think I want to get up that early, i'm glad I got the bundle from GS, was hoping to get another for family

Best Buy has extended holiday hours during the last week leading up to Christmas. They always did when I worked there.

I told my extended family about this, since they've been pestering me to use mine since I got it. Now I will stand back and watch them tear each other apart in the Best Buy line.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might even swing by Best Buy early on Tuesday to see if there aren't many people in line.

UGH. Haha.

It's been said a lot at this point, but I'm going to wear it in some more: Nintendo had better not screw around like this with something like the Switch. Or any future "Classic" line hardware.

Top Bottom