• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

ionitron

Holy shit I called my best buy and was not expecting to hear that they were singling out the NES Classic while waiting for the button commands.

I totally am not getting this thing tomorrow lol.

BFIB

The games look like complete ass on this thing holy cow, I know you can't really beat the price with 30 games included but I was expecting at the very least a CRT filter that doesn't make my eyes bleed.

There is one under the display options?

qko

Still baffles me year after year and new item after new item Nintendo has the same problems.....

The longer this goes on the more I don't care about the NES Classic anymore. My hype is kinda dying for it.

Yeah, I'm kinda on team "I wait to see if I find one at a bargain bin for $20" By the time it seems there will be a healthy amount of stock, I'll probably be trying to preorder the Switch.

The games look like complete ass on this thing holy cow, I know you can't really beat the price with 30 games included but I was expecting at the very least a CRT filter that doesn't make my eyes bleed.

No one has had a bad word to say about the emulation on this, outside of some slight audio lag.

All CRT filters make your eyes bleed, turn it off.

No one has had a bad word to say about the emulation on this, outside of some slight audio lag.

All CRT filters make your eyes bleed, turn it off.

Audio lag, incorrect pixel aspect ratio, 720p vs 1080p meaning TV lag, and flashing effects edited for epilepsy protection.

There is a lot of bad to say actually. Raspberry Pi offers a much more accurate platform for the same price if you already own the games.

Also, please take a look at Crt-Royale Kurozumi Edition and tell me it makes your eyes bleed.

Audio lag, incorrect pixel aspect ratio, 720p vs 1080p meaning TV lag, and flashing effects edited for epilepsy protection.

There is a lot of bad to say actually. Raspberry Pi offers a much more accurate platform for the same price if you already own the games.

Also, please take a look at Crt-Royale Kurozumi Edition and tell me it makes your eyes bleed.

What emulator would you recommend?

Edit: sorry dp

hayejin

Oh wow.

Ordered on Amazon Prime Now but they don't deliver to my address so I had'em deliver to my friend's.
Got a call at 5 PM from amazon asking me if it's OK to leave at the door and I say OK. Friend comes home an hour later says package isn't there.
I call Amazon Prime and turns out driver delivered it to the wrong address. He's going there to get the package back and deliver it again.

What's the chance the recipient already opened the package or decided to keep it for himself?

People seem to discount the form factor for some reason....

eFlcbW0.jpg

Exactly! It's my favorite part of my entertainment center now.

jmizzal

Oh wow.

Ordered on Amazon Prime Now but they don't deliver to my address so I had'em deliver to my friend's.
Got a call at 5 PM from amazon asking me if it's OK to leave at the door and I say OK. Friend comes home an hour later says package isn't there.
I call Amazon Prime and turns out driver delivered it to the wrong address. He's going there to get the package back and deliver it again.

What's the chance the recipient already opened the package or decided to keep it for himself?

Depends if they know whats in the package lol

Punch-Out!! is an amazing lag reference test if you have the muscle memory for it. I always use it. If I can beat Tyson/Dream (or can't blame losing on lag) then I can't even think of another NES game that would cause a problem. I've used emulators where it's just about perfect on my PC monitor. It's a little too laggy on Wii U through my TV.

Ashland

Neo Member
Good luck to those standing in line!!! (^_^)/ I did this a bit ago. I hope you get all the NES...es.

Btw this is my first post, hello!

People lining up and camping for a $60 emulator running 30 year old roms? Holy shit.

It looks great though.

And the ROMs are all legally obtained when you buy one.

And most people don't want to pick up viruses hanging around CoolROMs. They'll pay for something that's easy-to-use.

I got mine on day one after a 2.5 hour wait in front of a GameStop, and man, am I glad I waited now. Holy shit, Nintendo missed out on making a ton of money.

Alcibiades

The trending price for this on Ebay is under $200 now. Hopefully the fresh supply tomorrow drives that down even more.

I have a feeling that even post-Christmas these will be hard to get until there are sub-$100 Ebay prices. Could be months (hope I'm wrong though).

What emulator would you recommend?

Edit: sorry dp

I personally use FCEumm but for no other reason than I have yet to have any problems with it. I couldn't tell you distinctly the advantages/disadvantages over Nestopia.

Honestly I am pretty sure they are parity in all bit fringe issues like FCEumm's glitches with the Tengen Ms. Pac-man.

DeathPeak

So are all Best Buys selling at midnight? Saw a line of 8 when I was by a BB around 7. Thought they were nuts if they'd be there until morning.

Gonna show up at my local bb at 8 after getting my morning coffee. After they say no, I will go home and enjoy my life. Id rather pay scalpers fees than wait all night in the cold.

ironmang

Was thinking about making the trip out to mine until I called and was greeted with an automated message about the classic immediately. My store is small so it's almost guaranteed to have only 12 which is like 2 groups of college kids on break. Probably been full since 10pm.

ironmang

Lol, fuck Nintendo. Really.

I'm done with these retail games after the amiibo shitshow. If I can't just walk in and buy a Nintendo product, they don't want my money.

It really is dumb. I guess it looks good to shareholders or whatever when your products are in super high demand to the point of selling out completely everywhere. This is something I'd buy and keep if I could just walk into a store. Only reason I was thinking of going this morning is to try and trade it into an X1 lol. No way I'd keep it at these prices.

It really is dumb. I guess it looks good to shareholders or whatever when your products are in super high demand to the point of selling out completely everywhere. This is something I'd buy and keep if I could just walk into a store. Only reason I was thinking of going this morning is to try and trade it into an X1 lol. No way I'd keep it at these prices.

Lol, fuck Nintendo. Really.

I'm done with these retail games after the amiibo shitshow. If I can't just walk in and buy a Nintendo product, they don't want my money.

I feel like their products being 'rare' is what makes people want them even more.

MikeyB

I've gone in to check twice for this console. For Christmas, I would have bought one for each of the two secret santa parties and three for my cousins' kids (but most likely the cousins) and one for me.

Now, I buy none. If this was a strategy, it was stupid.

rpmurphy

I missed getting one by two spots, but I got there at 6am and they started handing tickets out at 7 so it was still worth a try. The guy handing out the tickets said they might get drop shipments tomorrow or Thursday so RIP me tomorrow and Thursday.

slatis

Neo Member
Got nothing in Miami, a family of 6 took 6 tickets probably to sell them on eBay. It's a really shame Nintendo is handling the NES classic like an ultra rare to find item.

Top Bottom