• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

bigkrev

https://www.walmart.com/co/47215827

Want a new NES Classic? Well, you need to buy a crappy 720P TV to get it!

vMHL6LO.png

Somehow, still in stock!

Yep, saw this too and was waiting for someone to make a thread on it. [EDIT: Merged with the NES classic OT] Couldn't believe it!

You can't even swap the crappy TV with a better one if you're in the market. The only way to customize the bundle is swapping the extra controller with a third party one.

Terrible.

mindatlarge

NES CLASSIC standalone available on Walmart NOW gogogo.

Edit - not coming up on mobile browser but working on Walmart app
When you click the link for the NES Classic from search, it auto throws it into a bundle with that stupid TV. On my PC.

Edit...didn't see your edit lol. Trying the app.

Edit...showing up from third party sellers only on the app for $150. Perhaps it's gone already.

Saw that when I got a NowInStock email, on the lower left of the page it showed the console by itself. Clicking on the listing just went back to the same page, but adding to cart from the little ad box got the console itself. Order says I'll have it on 2/16 so we'll see.

Out of stock on my end. :(

missed it again. Tried the bundle, but it would only let me cancel the nes. grr. Now I am stuck returning a stupid tv.

that said, it did give me two months of free sling TV and 3 vudu movies. Anyone want that code? PM me. :D

Overtech

Neo Member
Hell yeah, was able to get one! Had to run into my apartment to download the Walmart mobile app and yelled sorry to a girl because I didn't hold the door for her. Worth it. Been trying to get one since November!

jrcbandit

So disappointed, I had it in my cart, but having to download the app and I forgot my password so by the time I got it all sorted it was removed from my cart....

JayBabay

I just wanted an extra controller, did it as soon as my alert came in and went to check out, got hit with an out of stock screen.

Finally managed to snag one from Wal-Mart this time. Bless you NowInStock text alerts. Figured I was too late, but somehow still got one to go through.

Now to find another controller...

So we ended up keeping ours.

My son (3) playing Zelda:

eRE8Shk.jpg

3-year-olds dress better than me, smh
This is why this whole situation pisses me off so much. I've got two babies at home, I would have loved it if the first games I have them play in a few years be the classic NES games I grew up with. I rented most of my games so I only own a handful of actual NES carts and for the price I would have preferred to get the NES Classic since it's got basically all of the games I played as a kid on it (plus I could softmod it).

This is why this whole situation pisses me off so much. I've got two babies at home, I would have loved it if the first games I have them play in a few years be the classic NES games I grew up with. I rented most of my games so I only own a handful of actual NES carts and for the price I would have preferred to get the NES Classic since it's got basically all of the games I played as a kid on it (plus I could softmod it).

We only got one because my brother gave it to him as a Christmas gift.

And he's so well dressed only because of my parents spoiling him. He'd be wearing a grocery bag otherwise.

N.Domixis

Banned
I bought the 120 dollar zeld bundle used it for one night and now it's abandoned on my shelf. God damned Nintendo hype.
Mini SNES day one regardless.

Shiggy

why the fuck did they mark it up 10 euro's ?

That's the price retailers always charged in Germany. I paid that price when I got it from Amazon at launch. They aren't like Media Markt and Saturn who sell their stock on Ebay at prices above 100 EUR.

Edit: It's crazy how fast it sold out again on their website. I got to order another one and now it's gone again.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
That's the price retailers always charged in Europe. I paid that price when I got it from Amazon at launch. They aren't like Media Markt and Saturn who sell their stock on Ebay at prices above 100 EUR.

fake info i got mine for 60 euro's at bol.com

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I dunno, I've seen it listed for 60 euros at Dutch retailers - of course they've all been out of stock since forever though.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
haha sold out god i hope you scalpers choke on your stock when nintendo opens the floodgates <3

It's been coming in stock on and off every day on amazon.fr and amazon.es (and less frequently amazon.de), and Amazon Spain does ship internationally. They've been sold out by the time I get the alert from nowinstock.net but today it actually stayed in stock at Amazon.es long enough for me to checkout (but I didn't go with it cause shipping was too high for my liking, and for some reason Amazon.es don't have a slower shipping option to my country like the other Amazon sites have).

I already have a European one, and still on the hunt for an American one.

Aren't they identical?

The box is different, and I much prefer the look of the American box. Also the European one doesn't come with an AC adapter or the vintage poster like the American one.

I'm keeping my European one unopened until I (hopefully) get an American one, then I'll sell the inferior version. Keeping it for now in case I never manage to get the one I prefer, and have to settle for what I have.

Top Bottom