• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Gamezone

Gold Member
Got to say I don't trust a Nintendo rep statement without some previous proven history. I have not heard any reliable news that says the Classic is done after this last batch. I have heard about a SNES classic a few times though.

It isn't. I made a new thread about this a few days ago, and the store responsible for these rumors have apologized.

Grechy34

It's pretty shitty how Nintendo has handled this. Makes me wonder if the person in charge of their distribution just has any clue.

I managed to get one although feel terrible for the people who weren't able to pick one one up or those who had to pay the outlandish prices.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
HUUUNNGH I DID IT! Just ordered from amazon.de

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

EDIT: So I need a USB A cord to charge the thing?

TrojanAg

Thanks for the heads up! I finally got one! I'm shocked that there still was some available. I'm paying a little more than I would had I found one in the states ($82 after shipping) but better than giving my money to those piece of crap scalpers.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Thanks for the heads up! I finally got one! I'm shocked that there still was some available. I'm paying a little more than I would had I found one in the states ($82 after shipping) but better than giving my money to those piece of crap scalpers.
Same here! Real happy to get one.

So now, what's the best wireless controller out there?

sphinx

the piano man
still available, which is very nice :)

Germany is the country that has had stock regularly appearing on its amazon page

scalpers there are so screwed, party is over

Turnbl

HUUUNNGH I DID IT! Just ordered from amazon.de

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

EDIT: So I need a USB A cord to charge the thing?

No, the EU version comes with the USB cable, just not the wall adapter plug.

But as the mini doesn't draw much power you can happily power it from most tv, pc, PS4 etc USB ports.

Xbudz

Got one! Thanks.

Ordered one of these for player 2. I have my original NES controllers ready to go :)
YVxZ3Hc.jpg

Andyliini

Well, looks like retailers in Finland just received a new batch of these machines, and suddenly I have two of them. Oh well, maybe I'll just gift the other one or something.

I had one pre-ordered at Target, but they cancelled it a week before it shipped because I hadn't updated my expired credit card on file.

That still haunts my dreams to this day.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So is it possible to use two classic controllers? You have to take off the plastic piece I've read somewhere, does that work, or was it just a theory?

Robin64

What other controllers will work on the NES classic? I've heard that the Wii classic controller works but is that accurate?

The NES Classic has the same ports for controllers as a Wii Remote. So basically anything that works in a Wii Remote works on this. That includes the NES Classic Controller, the Wii Classic Controller, the Wii Classic Controller Pro, and the Wii Super Nintendo Classic Controller.

There's a well reviewed seller with a brand new one on Amazon right now for 50.90

Almost threw it into the cart, but I'm not that into it. Figure I'd let you guys know.

TrojanAg

The NES Classic has the same ports for controllers as a Wii Remote. So basically anything that works in a Wii Remote works on this. That includes the NES Classic Controller, the Wii Classic Controller, the Wii Classic Controller Pro, and the Wii Super Nintendo Classic Controller.
That's great to hear, thanks!

ICO_SotC

I tried buying the $50.90 one, but it said it was out of stock once I went to pay, even though it allowed me to put it in my cart.

Turnbl

So is it possible to use two classic controllers? You have to take off the plastic piece I've read somewhere, does that work, or was it just a theory?

Yes sure that works.

Clear plastic guard needs taken off for the port 1 controller because of space. You need a small tri-wing screwdriver to remove it.

Top Bottom