• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Fox Mulder

Wow what a scumbag. This is why we literally can't have nice things.

We can't have nice things because Nintendo fucking sucks at supplying them.

I used to work at target and came in at 4 am for backroom shit. I just took my break at 8 right as the store opened and got stuff. Helped me get some amiibo when they were red hot.

KeRaSh

Finally was able to snag one from amazon.de. So what's the situation with the EU AC adapter? I'm guessing it's not included. What exactly will I need to power this thing?
Is the USB Rom sideloading thing still working?

Finally was able to snag one from amazon.de. So what's the situation with the EU AC adapter? I'm guessing it's not included. What exactly will I need to power this thing?
Is the USB Rom sideloading thing still working?
Did you get an alert from nowinstock by any chance? It seems like the alerts stopped working for me

You can power it off any 5V/1A charger/port. You can hook it straight to the TV or monitor if it has USB. Or use any old phone charger you have.

KeRaSh

Did you get an alert from nowinstock by any chance? It seems like the alerts stopped working for me

You can power it off any 5V/1A charger/port. You can hook it straight to the TV or monitor if it has USB. Or use any old phone charger you have.

Sweet! Got plenty of those at home already.
No, I just saw it on a banner ad with the regular price and just followed the link. First time in my life that I'm glad I got an ad! :D
Just also got an email that it will be delivered un Thursday. Originally it said it would come on March 3rd.

Lgndryhr

Finally got around to playing mine this weekend. Really cool toy. Look forward to adding additional games. Bought an extension cord, but my second controller for it will definitely be a wireless solution like 8bitdo's offering.

I called my local Target out of the blue and the guy described it as a "hot item" and that I should come to the store every day when they open to see if they got any in.

This seems excessive.

TrojanAg

If I get one from Amazon UK but I'm in the states, will it work fine? Is there any difference because if not I'll get one from there when it's available.

If I get one from Amazon UK but I'm in the states, will it work fine? Is there any difference because if not I'll get one from there when it's available.
It will work fine but it's sold out already.

The box looks slightly different and the Europe one doesn't come with AC adapter.

Kuraudo

Banned
Managed to add one to my basket and then *poof*. This whole thing is an absolute joke. I've been trying to get one of these with graduation money I received in *November* :(

Think I'll just buy Horizon instead...

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So what do yall feel is a reasonable price to pay from a scalper?

Looks like a lot are going for 120 on craigslist and little north of that on eBay. So if you pay 100 you're getting a good "deal"?

mindatlarge

Looks like a lot are going for 120 on craigslist and little north of that on eBay. So if you pay 100 you're getting a good "deal"?
Have you been checking out Walmart online for stock? I was able to snag one online after checking walmart.com for a couple weeks. I noticed restocks going up both Tuesdays and Wednesdays, between 5 pm to 6 pm EST. Though they don't last long as you know. It's best to have an account all set up, with you credit card and shipping information pre-filled. Good luck.

hayejin

Check PRIME NOW if you're in LA/OC in California.

You can order up to 10 qty just like two weeks ago.

eDKzOCq.png

Not mine. Friend shared his screen as Prime Now doesn't deliver in my area.

ColdPizza

Banned

Don't give into these scalpers. I own one and I wouldn't pay more than $60 for it.

I ran into a Nintendo rep at my local GameStop today (and got to hold a Switch!) and he said that they are done with the Classic. They have metrics that show that Classic buyers aren't likely to buy more Nintendo products so they aren't making more after this last batch.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I ran into a Nintendo rep at my local GameStop today (and got to hold a Switch!) and he said that they are done with the Classic. They have metrics that show that Classic buyers aren't likely to buy more Nintendo products so they aren't making more after this last batch.

Hmm...I trust the official nintendo statement more than this.

Lgndryhr

Got to say I don't trust a Nintendo rep statement without some previous proven history. I have not heard any reliable news that says the Classic is done after this last batch. I have heard about a SNES classic a few times though.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Those "reps" don't work for Nintendo. They are hired contractors who attended a training conference. They don't know anything. They probably think they are helping the Switch by saying these things.

mindatlarge

Yeah, take it with a grain of salt of course. It wouldn't surprise me though, Nintendo being as out of touch as they are.
As much as I love Nintendo, they are out of touch. You would think someone in the company would be aware of how much money they miss out on due to these stock shortages and secondary markets like sellers on eBay and Amazon taking advantage. I get driving artificial demand, but there is a balance as well. Makes me scratch my head.

Their metrics tell them Classic buyers won't buy more of their products so their solution is to stop them from buying the one product they will buy?

large.gif

Robin64

This "Nintendo are making no more Classics" thing has been going round for ages. Several stores in the UK and Europe reportedly all said "We've been told there will be no more Classics!" and then boom, there was a huge amount of Classics in stores this week.

Kuraudo

Banned

They should just stop production of any gaming product then they won't have to worry about anyone buying anything from them again.

jmizzal

They should just stop production of any gaming product then they won't have to worry about anyone buying anything from them again.

The statement from the rep is BS and nobody from Nintendo told them that, Nintendo have not stopped producing the Classic.

Top Bottom