• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

JavyOO7

I gotta thank Kinja Deals for letting me know about the NES Classic being up for sale on Amazon USA... thanks to them, and hopefully the order doesn't get cancelled, but my sister and her husband will have an NES classic soon. =p

pigz

Neo Member
Got a notification while i was driving, had to pullover but got one. Now in stock alert was at 4:14. Email purchase confirmation at 4:16

maxcriden

Really happy for y'all who were able to get it. It's a really fun and charming device. And, not to be a broken record, but if you use save states a good amount and plan to play with the included controller, the controller cord length won't be as much of an issue since you'll be hitting the reset button to create a save state.

Got a 2nd one.

While it's tempting to flip it, I'll probably just keep it, for 2 reasons:
1) 1 for the living room, 1 for the bedroom
2) Having 2 controllers

Congrats to everyone who was finally able to get one.

Lothars

I finally got one, I appreciate whoever posted about amazon having them.

will cost me a little more than the canadian price but it's worth it.

Snagged one. I think they ended up charging me the $5.99 for one-day shipping even though I'm pretty sure the ordering page said free, but I don't really care at this point. It was probably my fault anyway, but I'd probably spend that much in cash trying to get one in a BM using brickseek as a guide.

EDIT: this morning woke up with 2 emails and a text from Amazon saying they refunded the shipping and associated tax because it was a system mistake. I didn't even raise a ruckus because I didn't care as much and honestly thought it was my error. Go Amazon!

mindatlarge

Annnd I missed it again. Ah well, I'm fucking done trying to get one of these.
It seems like retailers are finally starting to get more and more of these in stock. They might only last for a few minutes online in the U.S. but your chance of getting one now is better than ever. I was gonna give up last week too, but was able to finally get one online from Walmart when they went up. Don't give up the fine fight, you'll get one.

pigz

Neo Member
my notification was from nowinstock through text. Did not get an email notification from nowinstock despite it being enabled.

Indelible

I was finally able to snag one, it was a little more expensive to get it shipped to Canada but still way better than dealing with scumbag scalpers.

rezn0r

sniped one earlier, had no idea and happened to be replying to a friend's text earlier who was asking about the mod. i said "if i ever find one at retail price i'll grab one" - he sent back an amazon app screenshot. by the time i placed the order & refreshed they were gone again - got lucky! good luck to those still hunting.

TrojanAg

I was able to get another one from Amazon prime earlier through a now in stock text. Now I have the US one which is the one I really wanted. I'll probably just return the one I got from Amazon.de earlier this week.

Mine says it won't ship until the 27th, bummer

Ouch, mine arrives Saturday.

I'll bet yours gets cancelled, no offense. It's happened to me - they give you a placeholder date, but eventually tell you they're still looking for stock and offer you the option to just cancel.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I was able to get another one from Amazon prime earlier through a now in stock text. Now I have the US one which is the one I really wanted. I'll probably just return the one I got from Amazon.de earlier this week.

Man, keep the extra controller and then eBay the other one.

That's what I want to do, I have no idea how I am going to get a second controller.

TrojanAg

That's actually not a bad idea since finding a second controller for these is next to impossible, let alone finding an NES classic. Hopefully someone will buy it from me even though it wouldn't include a controller.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
That's actually not a bad idea since finding a second controller for these is next to impossible, let alone finding an NES classic. Hopefully someone will buy it from me even though it wouldn't include a controller.

lol just buy a used classic controller and sell it with that. Still cheaper than getting a second NES controller!!

enoki

I don't know if it's a regional supply, but I can find controllers just about everywhere here. (TN)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Should I wait for an official controller?
lol you'll never find one. Classic Controllers are the best next choice, you can probably find one used at a mom and pop shop or GameStop store.

I'm wondering how those off brand NES controllers I see floating around on Amazon and eBay really are. I see positive customer reviews, but I'm not sure I still believe that they feel "just as good".

Should I wait for an official controller?

lol you'll never find one. Classic Controllers are the best next choice, you can probably find one used at a mom and pop shop or GameStop store.

I'm wondering how those off brand NES controllers I see floating around on Amazon and eBay really are. I see positive customer reviews, but I'm not sure I still believe that they feel "just as good".

I managed to get an official controller on ebay, brand new, in box, for $35 shipped. I thought that was reasonable all things considered.

enoki

Adam Prime said:
What. Where are you? Will you buy and ship one to me??

The Lamp said:
Ummmm would you be willing to buy one and ship it to me? Are they Nintendo brand?

kunonabi said:
Legit official Nintendo classic controllers? I will totally pay for one.

Full disclosure: I do work for GameStop, and I honestly don't feel comfortable buying and shipping games over GAF. They are out of stock again this week (my bad), but we've been getting the Nintendo-brand classic controllers (and a few mini-boss controllers) in every time we've run out. The site says online only now, so maybe something has changed. :(

Robin64

Did anyone else get screwed over with there amazon UK order delivery? Mines not expected to next week now

It's been a shit-show. Was listed as delivery on the 22nd or 23rd, but then it wasn't handed over to the carrier until 8pm on the 22nd. On the 23rd they did nothing with it. The 24th, it arrived at Bardon Hill then left there in the evening. This morning it went to Dunstable's facility, then on to Northampton's facility, and it finally turned up just now. My friend's went to Nottingham's instead of Northampton and he's still waiting on it.

notaskwid

To everyone that can't find one..
IMG_20170225_162800.jpg

In Lisbon.

I'm never gonna be able to get one of these fucking things, am I? Can't even get someone a birthday present because of shit Nintendo and shit scalpels.

:/

I have the 8bit Snes controller which works with the nes mini. It is hands down the best classic controller you can buy. I grew up playing snes from beginning to end and this controller feels EXACTLY like the original.

Top Bottom