• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, notice how the smoke starts dissapating on both vids after a few seconds?, almost like someone took a big puff of their vape and blew it into the console. :messenger_winking:

If you have ever seen capasitors failing:

they dont smoke for long time, so it doesnt mean this is fake or not fake (length of smoking)

This is big capasitor (with drilled hole, real failure could happen faster/slower) and smokes a alot for maybe 30-60s and then not so much, assuming it takes some time to start to filming = it would be realistic to assume that we dont get many minutes long videos of smoke, if it is capasitor failures + capasitors are smaller

Last edited:

PSX

Had to do it.
eSa90Ei.jpg

Stuart360

If you have ever seen capasitors failing:

they dont smoke for long time, so it doesnt mean this is fake or not fake (length of smoking)

This is big capasitor (with drilled hole, real failure could happen faster/slower) and smokes a alot for maybe 30-60s and then not so much, assuming it takes some time to start to filming = it would be realistic to assume that we dont get many minutes long videos of smoke, if it is capasitor failures + capasitors are smaller

lol i have said my piece on it, its obviously fake vids and people vaping into the console. If 'certain' people want to believe it, and concern troll over it, go ahead.
I'm sure we will get some official confirmation on this soon enough if its real.

Last edited:

Handy Fake

Videos of burnt-out capacitors are being used to explain why the smoke disapates so quickly. 🤔
I suppose it's a good explanation. They do look real to me (I've blown up a good few electrical things with my tinkering in the past). To be honest, all the QC in the world wouldn't catch a faulty batch of capacitors. Pure bad luck.

TheGejsza

This game is going to be the big headline of this launch week. It’s easily the best looking thing out there, and should review very highly... because it‘s Demon’s Souls.

Yea buts lets not forget that it is the smallest of all Souls games. No real dual wielding, limited miracles, not much weapons, armors etc. These games evolved and you can see it in many QOL improvements. I am glad they decided to implement some like omi-rolls and item shortcuts but still. Shame fractured mode is just mirrored levels. I thought it would be something like random generated levels from parts of normal levels - lets say you play 1-1 and after opening gate there is a middle section of tower of latria or something like this. The further you go without dying the more souls you get. Also SSD showcase.

Dodkrake

Banned
Watched a few Demon's Souls streams and have some feedback

• The difference between 30 and 60fps modes is around overall lighting and texture quality / particle effects. Not much of an improvement in qualiy mode
  • Quality mode does seem to have RT GI and maybe RT Shadows
  • Performance mode is the best for this game
  • Graphics are 10 steps above anything this gen
  • 30fps mode is not very smooth. There seems to be some frame skipping issues
  • One of the streamers had issues starting their game. Could be a bug, could be that it's lacking a patch, we'll know more starting tomorrow
  • Game takes 28 seconds to load including unskipabble PS Studios and Bluepoint logos. Once game starts, evertyhing is pretty much instantaneous
    • From character creation to new game is 1 second or less, fast travel points between 1 second and 4 seconds.

ethomaz

Banned
Yea buts lets not forget that it is the smallest of all Souls games. No real dual wielding, limited miracles, not much weapons, armors etc. These games evolved and you can see it in many QOL improvements. I am glad they decided to implement some like omi-rolls and item shortcuts but still. Shame fractured mode is just mirrored levels. I thought it would be something like random generated levels from parts of normal levels - lets say you play 1-1 and after opening gate there is a middle section of tower of latria or something like this. The further you go without dying the more souls you get. Also SSD showcase.
It is still the best Soul game.

Roberts

Oh come on. The LoD in this is way beyond anything possible on Ps4. Put this against footage of DS3 and the upgrade is obvious.

I didn't watch the video for too long and I noticed that they were fiddling with settings all the time, but the game just didn't look as impressive as in promotional materials. Some textures weren't all that great. But screw that: for the sake of clarity, I probably should have said that it doesn't feel like a next gen game after watching the stream.

Stuart360

The other ones are probably fake, but that doesn't look like them to me. That is soft and lingers, the other is more like actual smoke.
Pretty sure he put his mouth over the top and blew smoke in, but he needed to blow smoke in the back at the bottom where the vents are, then it would rise out of the top like smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom