• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyp53

marvelsspider-manremaxmkdt.png

Damn.

I can't wait to get back into this (Still haven't been able to secure a PS5 :messenger_loudly_crying:).
Spidey straight up tbagging the dude. But no seriously... That's impressive.

Last edited:

ToadMan

It's modern Warfare warzone it's only 120 FPS on Xbox series. As devs said it requires more than a patch to do on a PS5. It's not a hardware issue, but it's not something Sony positioned for older games. Future titles 120fps should be there.

“Warzone, which comes up as a PlayStation 4 app when it's downloaded on PS5,”

This is a BC title. It’s locked to 60 on PS4 and it runs at 60 on PS5.

Antelope

Dear PS5 owners:

Do an old fuck a favor, would ya?

Can you compare loading times on a BC game (i.e. Witcher 3) running on the internal SSD of the PS5 and an external HDD connected to the PS5? I'd like to see how much the SSD is utilized on BC games, and how much is just the machine having a better CPU/GPU, etc.
I’m waiting to hook up my external drive until Sony pushes a patch out that fixes this corrupted drive issue that some people are reporting. Anyway, I’m slammed with work so I’m just starring at my console during breaks.

LiquidRex

800%:

XSX

xsx.png

PS5

ps5.png

PS5 seems to be sharper and more detailed with XSX having finer details mushed. Look at the scar under his left eye (on the right). Seems the source on PS5 is coming from a higher resolution.
Interesting, however would it not be wiser that they use the same resolution assets as the XSX and thus use the spare processing power to push other graphical effects further... I would think looking at the image as standard you wouldn't notice the difference between the two. 🤔

800%:

XSX

xsx.png

PS5

ps5.png

PS5 seems to be sharper and more detailed with XSX having finer details mushed. Look at the scar under his left eye (on the right). Seems the source on PS5 is coming from a higher resolution.
and who says you just didn’t switch the images? Also, if you have to zoom in 800% then your point is invalid.

I really don’t have to zoom or do anything to see the difference between 120fps (XSX) and 60 fps (PS5) in CoD Warzone and rocket league - one of the biggest multiplayer games on earth.

geordiemp

Natively? Yes. Compression on youtube destroys most of the details:

Youtube:

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-23h46m45s627.png

Direct feed:

50350109341_5250ef1ea5_k.jpg

Gigantic difference.

If You watch the DF interview with bluepoint, they talk about high levels of detail streaming as you turn each corner : Timstamped and one reason why demons souls looks incredible.

Some third party engines are still doing single threaded stuff and little real fast loading or streaming of high fidelity assets which is why will still see 10 + second load times vs 2 seconds on sony first party. It will take a while for some third party to adapt engines

Last edited:
and who says you just didn’t switch the images? Also, if you have to zoom in 800% then your point is invalid.

I really don’t have to zoom or do anything to see the difference between 120fps (XSX) and 60 fps (PS5) in CoD Warzone and rocket league - one of the biggest multiplayer games on earth.
We already know that the BC on PS5 doesn’t allow PS4 games to run at 120fps; hence the reason why those games are not updated to 120fps for PS5 yet.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If You watch the DF interview with bluepoint, they talk about high levels of detail streaming as you turn each corner : Timstamped and one reason why demons souls looks incredible.

Some third party engines are still doing single threaded stuff and little real fast loading or streaming of high fidelity assets which is why will still see 10 + second load times vs 2 seconds on sony first party. It will take a while for some third party to adapt engines

Yeah watched that part of the video before, but the other details gonna give massive lead to PS5 going forward!

LiquidRex

Snow present on legs and feet on PS4, Xbox Series X and PC but missing from PS5... Strange it's a cross platform game, so why present on PS4 but not PS5... Seems fishy to me 🤔

Maybe the PS5 capture is too dark. 🤷‍♂️

NEbeast

I thought you couldn't wait for the DF comparisons? Now the 800% zooms don't matter? You're going to run out of places to move those goal posts soon.

Last edited:
Dear PS5 owners:

Do an old fuck a favor, would ya?

Can you compare loading times on a BC game (i.e. Witcher 3) running on the internal SSD of the PS5 and an external HDD connected to the PS5? I'd like to see how much the SSD is utilized on BC games, and how much is just the machine having a better CPU/GPU, etc.
using the rear USB port seems to generate system errors. I don’t dare to connect to the external drive until Sony fixes it.

Loxus

Snow present on legs and feet on PS4, Xbox Series X and PC but missing from PS5... Strange it's a cross platform game, so why present on PS4 but not PS5... Seems fishy to me 🤔

Maybe the PS5 capture is too dark. 🤷‍♂️

Nah, never trust any thing from blueisviolet or his associates.
They edit things to go with their narrative.
Just look at the dislikes in that video, it's bad.

Shmunter

Remember, the PS4 downloads were damn slow and no where near saturated your internet connection. From what I read the downloads on PS5 are significantly faster now. So maybe it is saturating your connection and that's what is causing the issue. Yeah, they could intentionally slow it down ... but in the days of PS4 it was always slow, intentional or otherwise.
You’re right, the PS5 downloads go full tilt saturating the entire bandwidth, leaving barely anything for the game bandwidth. With 2 ps5’s in the house and lots of redownloading things got grim real fast.

I bandwidth limited both consoles on the router and multiplayer pings are back to stable.

But here’s the thing even a single PS5 gobbles up everything on the wire. This should not be happening when a multiplayer game is started, the console o/s should throttle the downloads immediately. Fix it Sony.

In the meantime I’m good, but less savvy are screwed.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Xbox fans keep saying they are not seeing the superior PS5 SSD speed... that is suck bullshit.

You can see how the SSD makes all difference in first-party games... it is is very valid argument for comparison with others platforms. Where are the games that shows that Xbox SSD can keep up with PS5 SSD? Where are the MS with the same level of loadtimes as Demon’s Souls or Miles Morales?

But hey let’s focus on the strongest point of Xbox... where the games that shows that superior 12TFs GPU? Deny first-party games is just a excuse for a loser... a bad one... first-party exists to show the best of your platform.

Sony shows you the superior SSD but Ms continue the same path of last generation with a lot of promises and talk.

This is being a worst generation start than Xbox One for MS... it is not Sony problem that MS can’t keep up with it own first-party games... Sony should continue doing the best for their gamers with even better first-parties that shows what the hardware is capable.

I get what you are saying about Xbox. As I mentioned before, I think you are right there.

Xbox *could* have similar performance gains in loading scenes with their SSD but the Xbox is multiplatform. The dev would have to integrate that into the PC logic code too and I don't see a developer doing that.

If you want to brag about fast loading times, then fine. But it's not really such a big deal. What will be a big deal will be SSD being required for PC like in UE5 demo. Then you can truly doing an apples-to-apples comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom