• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all just happening at once, a lot of the key players on this team are glass. As it's shown Jules is more important than gronk, but it's a carousel of who is going to be hurt. Danny stepped up fine but he can't take a full work load or he's done and low and behold he got hurt. The hightower injury was the nail in the coffin for this game, but it still required the chiefs to shoot themselves in the foot if we really wanted the win.

I just don't understand why they kept airing it out to Hogan and Cooks. It did land once with Cooks, but they were blanketed the whole game. Did they really not design anything underneath for them? Just all around ugly. Hopefully hightower is good to go and amendola, but even still it's not sustainable, they just can't stay on the field.

Asterisks just didn't have those chain movers they always get with Edelman (and Dion Lewis.) The big stuff will not work without those small chunk gains.

Tom Penny

It's all just happening at once, a lot of the key players on this team are glass. As it's shown Jules is more important than gronk, but it's a carousel of who is going to be hurt. Danny stepped up fine but he can't take a full work load or he's done and low and behold he got hurt. The hightower injury was the nail in the coffin for this game, but it still required the chiefs to shoot themselves in the foot if we really wanted the win.

I just don't understand why they kept airing it out to Hogan and Cooks. It did land once with Cooks, but they were blanketed the whole game. Did they really not design anything underneath for them? Just all around ugly. Hopefully hightower is good to go and amendola, but even still it's not sustainable, they just can't stay on the field.

Pretty sure they rushed 3 and flooded the middle. This isn't anything new except that is usually when Gronk is out..They just flipped it and rolled coverage to him and did it to everyone else. Historically teams play press man and do that and beat them when Gronk is injured.

Duxxy3

If Hightower's out that's not good. Also I know he'll fix it but a lot of the offense struggling wasn't the Chiefs coverage. Brady sailed a lot of throwws

The defense is what it is. The front 7 is worse than last years. The secondary is probably a bit better. It's all going to be on the secondary.

The offense is entirely on Brady. The offense as a whole is much much better than last year. The offensive line looked solid. They have much better running backs. Two healthy tight ends. Edelman and Mitchell are gone, but Brady has had a far worse receiving core than Cooks, Hogan and Dorsett in the past. He's either going to make it work with what he has, or the Pats are done.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
R6vsNFW.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Asterisks just didn't have those chain movers they always get with Edelman (and Dion Lewis. The big stuff will not work without those small chunk gains.

Oh definitely, and I felt that could be an issue going in. That's why I'm surprised they weren't more prepared for that. Cooks didn't go over the middle once, which I'm not too off guard about, he's actually not particularly good over the middle. Mitchell is another good timing route/intermediate guy and he was IR'd at the last minute. Early on they were mixing in Danny, burkehead, and James white moving those guys around for the underneath and shorter stuff. They basically gave up on that though and kept going for the homerun. They can't rely on Danny though he's guaranteed to get hurt and he already is.

They're going to need to find that guy. Idk if they thought dorsett was the answer, but Hogan isn't really that guy either.

LionPride

Banned
What?

Is mixed like an OK thing to say?

I've only ever heard white people from Wisconsin say it.

Nigga what?

Mixed is typically what....mixed people are called. Or black if they Tracey Ellis Ross Mixed

We don't call em mulatto or any of that shit lmao

Duxxy3

Oh definitely, and I felt that could be an issue going in. That's why I'm surprised they weren't more prepared for that. Cooks didn't go over the middle once, which I'm not too off guard about, he's actually not particularly good over the middle. Mitchell is another good timing route/intermediate guy and he was IR'd at the last minute. Early on they were mixing in Danny, burkehead, and James white moving those guys around for the underneath and shorter stuff. They basically gave up on that though and kept going for the homerun. They can't rely on Danny though he's guaranteed to get hurt and he already is.

They're going to need to find that guy. Idk if they thought dorsett was the answer, but Hogan isn't really that guy either.

The WR choices they've made this year have been... odd.

Cooks is good, but it came at the cost of a first rounder. The first rounder could have been the linebacker or defensive end that we're really missing right now.

Dorsett doesn't seem like a fit. Another fast receiver on the outside. You know where Brady throws poorly? On the outside and down the field. That brings me to...

Austin Carr. The Pats leading receiver in the preseason. It was a terrible decision to waive him then, and now it looks even worse.

Going in on Burkhead AND Gillislee was confusing. I thought we already had Burkhead with Dion Lewis. Seemed unneeded. I would rather they had taken a RB in the 3rd or 4th this year, rather than signing anyone of those two. It was a deep RB draft, and they get to keep the player for at least 4 years (instead of the 1 for Burkhead, and 2 for Gilly).

In the end, Bill the coach will need to make up for Bill the GM.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The WR choices they've made this year have been... odd.

Cooks is good, but it came at the cost of a first rounder. The first rounder could have been the linebacker or defensive end that we're really missing right now.

Dorsett doesn't seem like a fit. Another fast receiver on the outside. You know where Brady throws poorly? On the outside and down the field. That brings me to...

Austin Carr. The Pats leading receiver in the preseason. It was a terrible decision to waive him then, and now it looks even worse.

Going in on Burkhead AND Gillislee was confusing. I thought we already had Burkhead with Dion Lewis. Seemed unneeded. I would rather they had taken a RB in the 3rd or 4th this year, rather than signing anyone of those two. It was a deep RB draft, and they get to keep the player for at least 4 years (instead of the 1 for Burkhead, and 2 for Gilly).

In the end, Bill the coach will need to make up for Bill the GM.

Tom throws fine to the outside and down the field. Didn't he lead the league in deep ball accuracy last year?

The thing I'm not crazy about with Cooks is the boom or bust aspect. He was that guy in NO and it seems like that's his bread and butter. They have home run hitters right now but nobody to put on base.

LionPride

Banned
Also the term System QB much like Game Manager, is fucking dumb because in some way shape or form, every QB is a "System QB" since you build your offense to their strengths but that is neither her nor there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom