• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone shocked Hunt fell to third? Do remember that he did come out in a class that had Cook, Caf, Mixon, Fournette, Kamara, Foreman, James Connor and those are the ones I can remember at the top of my head.

Shit I forgot Williams and Pumprey came out in this draft too and Perine..

This RB class was one of the better ones on paper the draft has ever had. It really isn't shocking he fell to third when you look at all those RBs

Sephzilla

thank god. Everyone can shut the hell up about 16-0 or 19-0.

tenor.gif

IDhug8Y.gif

jbug617

Banned
Last night was an ass kicking. It almost reminded me of the last KC game in KC where people start asking for a Jimmy G to start.

Sephzilla

^ lmao i was waiting for something like that

Multiple guys at sports illustrated have the Packers in or winning the Super Bowl this year and citing things like improved defense, and I'm sitting here like 'WAT?'

BigAT

No shots at anyone in here specifically if they have done it but...

Is it me or does it seem like fantasy football talk is even higher this year?

I was saying with Mech last night over twitter suddenly everything is fantasy based

"I'm a Chiefs fan but I'm mad because I had Gronk do nothing for me last night"

Fantasy talk has got out of control!

It's the absolute worst. It reminds me of when I played poker a lot during college and everyone just had to tell you their bad beat stories, no matter how mundane and uninteresting they were.

It's the most self-centered, vain belief that anybody else but you gives even the smallest shit about your fantasy football team. No one cares about your player that underperformed, no one is curious about which player that had a big game but you left on your bench this week, no one is the least bit concerned that you got screwed in the last game of the week and lost.

The idea that your fantasy team is of the smallest significance to anyone, let alone more important than what is actually happening on the field, is so fucking ridiculous.

The Patriots are in sole possession of last place for the first time since 1992, if my math is correct.

Multiple guys at sports illustrated have the Packers in or winning the Super Bowl this year and citing things like improved defense, and I'm sitting here like 'WAT?'

The affect of an elite QB, makes them instant SB contenders. They technically have an improved defense because it's tough to be worse.

The Patriots are in sole possession of last place for the first time since 1992, if my math is correct.

The affect of an elite QB, makes them instant SB contenders. They technically have an improved defense because it's tough to be worse.
If they make the playoffs we can say they went from worst to first.

People have been picking Pats-Packers SB's every year since 2010. They have to be right eventually!

I mean, that's still a smarter choice than the wise guys who keep saying stupid teams like the Bucs

Sephzilla

People have been picking Pats-Packers SB's every year since 2010. They have to be right eventually!

I mean, that's still a smarter choice than the wise guys who keep saying stupid teams like the Bucs

The Packers are kind of routinely that sexy pick people like to make. But the book on how to knock Rodgers out of the playoffs has been written for a while now - run slow methodical drives against the Packers' college tier defense which keeps Rodgers off the field for as long as possible.

Alternatively, let the Packers get like a 17 point lead on you early and then make a second half charge because McCarthy always lets people back into games because he gets SAWFT when he gets a lead.

effzee

Man anytime I get slightly pumped up for the Eagles and this season I am reminded of how stacked the NFC is. Giants, Cowboys, Packers, Falcons, Seahawks are all legit SB contenders and then you have the Panthers, Bucs, Vikings, Cardinals, and maybe even the Lions as serious playoff contenders.

kmag

Man anytime I get slightly pumped up for the Eagles and this season I am reminded of how stacked the NFC is. Giants, Cowboys, Packers, Falcons, Seahawks are all legit SB contenders and then you have the Panthers, Bucs, Vikings, Cardinals, and maybe even the Lions as serious playoff contenders.

The Eagles are the Giant's kryptonite. Of course on paper, the Giants are Dallas's kryptonite. Dallas are the Eagles and Washington's etc. The NFC East is fun.

Cowboys could have drafted Jalen Ramsey in '16 and then gotten any one of these great rookie RBs this year. Instead we have no defense and a suspended woman beater.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I was convinced they gave up that last touchdown with 4 minutes left when the Chiefs were in fg range intentionally because that would have been the smart thing to do down by a touchdown.... nope their defense just sucks that bad

Hindl

Yeah NFC is tough
Everyone shocked Hunt fell to third? Do remember that he did come out in a class that had Cook, Caf, Mixon, Fournette, Kamara, Foreman, James Connor and those are the ones I can remember at the top of my head.

Shit I forgot Williams and Pumprey came out in this draft too and Perine..

This RB class was one of the better ones on paper the draft has ever had. It really isn't shocking he fell to third when you look at all those RBs
Yeah I wanted hunt but there was better talent in this class. I'm excited for kamara and cook aside from McCaffrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom