• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Miami now has one of the greatest quarterbacks in their franchise history. The ceiling is limitless.

And before anyone says "that doesn't mean much" I'd just point out to everyone that he was also one of the greatest quarterbacks in Bears history too!

Tall4Life

In 2014, Peyton Manning had 39 touchdowns and 15 picks
Broncos went 12-4

In 2015 Peyton Manning had 9 touchdowns and 17 picks
Broncos went 12-4

That is a system quarterback

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bill Simmons' playoff picks:
AFC Division Champs
New England
Pittsburgh
Houston
Kansas City

AFC Wild Cards
Baltimore
Chargers

NFC Division Champs
Giants
Green Bay
Tampa Bay
Seattle

NFC Wild Cards
Minnesota
Dallas
Agree or no?

Sephzilla

My predictions

AFC Division Champs
1- New England
2- Pittsburgh
3- Oakland
4- Houston

AFC Wild Cards
5- Kansas City
6- Baltimore

NFC Division Champs
1- Green Bay
2- Dallas
3- Seattle
4- Atlanta

NFC Wild Cards
5- Detroit
6- Giants

Edit- Updated mine a little because I think Atlanta still wins their division but isn't as dominant as they were last year

gutshot

I agree with Atlanta missing the playoffs. They just seem like a prime candidate to get hit with the Super Bowl loser's curse.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Former Giants PK Brown got suspended 6 more games

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-york-giants-kicker-josh-brown-six-more-games

I'm glad, but to me it looks like the NFL trying to make themselves look more consistent ahead of the Elliot decision.
"We reopened the investigation based on new info," the league texted to ESPN on Friday. "Concluded there was a violation of our personal conduct policy and imposed 6 game suspension which he accepted without appeal."

The decision comes on the same day that Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is waiting to hear from a U.S. District Court judge in Texas whether he will be granted a temporary restraining order that would allow him to continue to play this season. Elliott was suspended for six games on Aug. 11 for a violation of the league's personal conduct policy, but he will be able to play Sunday against the Giants.

"Timing has nothing to do with Zeke and made no sense to hold this until Zeke was complete," the league texted to ESPN.

Edit: Also says he's unsigned but starts the suspension immediately? What the fuck.

My predictions

AFC Division Champs
1- New England
2- Pittsburgh
3- Oakland
4- Houston

AFC Wild Cards
5- Kansas City
6- Baltimore

NFC Division Champs
1- Green Bay
2- Atlanta
3- Dallas
4- Seattle

NFC Wild Cards
5- Detroit
6- Giants

My predictions

AFC Division Champs
1- New England
2- Pittsburgh
3- Denver
4- Houston

AFC Wild Cards
5- Kansas City
6- Oakland

NFC Division Champs
1- Green Bay
2- Atlanta
3- Dallas
4- Seattle

NFC Wild Cards
5- Tampa Bay
6- Giants

Hunter S.

Said before, say it again: Every QB in the NFL is a system QB. Every player in the NFL is a system player. Great players in bad systems don't produce great results; bad players in great systems product great results.

The NFL is a system sport.
A system qb means a qb will only play well under one system. Peyton Manning is QB that showed he is not, so did Joe Montana. There is a difference. I am not saying Brady is a system qb, but your post does not make sense.

effzee

My season predictions:

NFCE: Giants
NFCS: Falcons
NFCN: Packers
NFCW: Seahawks

NFC Wildcards: Cowboys and Bucs

AFCE: Pats
AFCS: Titans
AFCN: Steelers
AFCW: Raiders

AFC Wildcards: Chiefs and Bengals

SB: Seahawks over Raiders

Sephzilla

The NFC is honestly hard to predict. Green Bay still has their bend-then-break defense. Dallas has the potential sophomore slump of Dak plus the Zeke suspension. Atlanta lost their offensive coordinator plus have the Super Bowl loser hangover. I feel like Seattle has regressed a bit but still makes the playoffs easily because their division is the worst. Detroit still doesn't know how to win big games. Minnesota is overrated.

effzee

Former Giants PK Brown got suspended 6 more games

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-york-giants-kicker-josh-brown-six-more-games

I'm glad, but to me it looks like the NFL trying to make themselves look more consistent ahead of the Elliot decision.

Edit: Also says he's unsigned but starts the suspension immediately? What the fuck.

Apparently, this is standard procedure. Johnny Manziel served his 4 game suspension last year even when he wasn't on a team. I think this happens when a player doesn't appeal.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
More
Meanwhile, the #Patriots are working out FA QB Thad Lewis & former #Browns WR Jordan Payton today, source said.

Pats giving up on Brady already.

Sephzilla

At least the Rams are pretty much guaranteed one W against the Seahawks. Actually wait, I don't even know if the Rams are guaranteed their one W against the Seahawks now that 7-9 master Jeff Fisher is gone

Speaking of Fisher, I looked up his Wiki page and had to laugh at his career stats

Regular season: 173–165–1 (.512)
Postseason: 5–6 (.455)
Career: 178–171–1 (.510)

This guy was born to be a mediocre coach.

effzee

The NFC is honestly hard to predict. Green Bay still has their bend-then-break defense. Dallas has the potential sophomore slump of Dak plus the Zeke suspension. Atlanta lost their offensive coordinator plus have the Super Bowl loser hangover. I feel like Seattle has regressed a bit but still makes the playoffs easily because their division is the worst. Detroit still doesn't know how to win big games. Minnesota is overrated.

Huh? They potentially upgraded their D substantially with Richardson. Cardinals also probably rebound to make it a 2 team division.

49ers will be better off this year, bottom 5, but not the worst. Rams I am really curious to see Goff and how he develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom