• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Brady is Sam Bradford with better coaching and pieces around him.

jcpKf0x.gif

Said before, say it again: Every QB in the NFL is a system QB. Every player in the NFL is a system player. Great players in bad systems don't produce great results; bad players in great systems product great results.

The NFL is a system sport.

Sephzilla

It really pisses me off when people go to bat for McCarthy. For his entire 11 year head coaching career he's had Hall of Fame tier starting quarterbacks and the guy has only been to one Super Bowl. And the one time he didn't have Rodgers or Favre for an extended period of time he looked like shit as a coach. Dude should have been fired after that NFC Championship game against the Seahawks.

DonShula

I really had to check my attitude at the beginning of that game last night. Being a longtime Dolphins fan, I've seen that first-drive march down the field too many times. Then the turnover and the capitalization with the Gronk catch. By that time I was more or less "of course this is fucking happening, it always does, why do I even bother, it makes me ill." Completely talking myself out of football for the year. That's all it took.

Then the score gets called back and turns into a 4th down stand. And slowly I get reeled back in.

I still know how my season ends (Matt Moore and a moral victory probably). But hey, we got some end of dynasty hot takes for the next week. It's the little things.

I will never stop hating the Patriots.

Andrew Luck is the modern "what could have been" story

Bad organizations get great QBs because they're bad.

The Jets and Bills suck in their own special ways, but it's almost better to take the Indy approach, and have 2 or 3 seasons where you're unquestionably the worst team in the NFL, and then land a generational talent, than it is to take the Jets and Buffalo approach where you're bad for 20 years, but not bad enough to ever truly land a generational talent. The Jets may have finally taken that step to greatness this season, by becoming the worst team in the NFL.

But the thing is, the jets are just so bad that they'll probably win 3 games by week 14 and then do something stupid and win 2 out of 3.

I really had to check my attitude at the beginning of that game last night. Being a longtime Dolphins fan, I've seen that first-drive march down the field too many times. Then the turnover and the capitalization with the Gronk catch. By that time I was more or less "of course this is fucking happening, it always does, why do I even bother, it makes me ill." Completely talking myself out of football for the year. That's all it took.

Then the score gets called back and turns into a 4th down stand. And slowly I get reeled back in.

I still know how my season ends (Matt Moore and a moral victory probably). But hey, we got some end of dynasty hot takes for the next week. It's the little things.

I will never stop hating the Patriots.

I'm a pats fan, but last night is why the NFL is great. All off season the talk was how this season was looking so boring. NFC seems to be a contest between Seattle and Green Bay, AFC between Steelers and Patriots, and then 9/10 Super Bowl predictions seemed to be some variation of those four teams. Patriots look freaking dominant for the first 8 minutes of the game, and then like... 3 subtle plays make the score much closer than the game seemed. Still, going into the 4th quarter, Patriots up 3 and driving, look to be putting a touchdown on the drive in typical Pats fashion the last 16 years... But instead it's just a field goal, and then about 60 seconds later, Chiefs take the lead and completely outclass New England for the final 15 minutes.

Andy Reid looks great, Kareem Hunt looks better than Jamaal Charles has the last 4 years, and all of a sudden people are talking about the #2 AFC team from last season being a legit contender, and the Patriots/Belichick/Brady look vulnerable. Oh, and the big story going into KC's week 1 was about their second string QB. Now, Patrick Mahomes won't be mentioned for at least ....... three weeks.

Week 1 is always great.

NFL Research ✔ @NFLResearch
Players with 300+ pass yards, 4+ passing TD and 0 INT against a Bill Belichick defense:

Drew Brees (2009)
Alex Smith (tonight)

Rvaan

Banned
I want last night's game to be the beginning of the Alex Smith MVP season. Alex Smith will own all of the single season passing records. 60 TDs, 6000 yards, and 0 INTs.

NFL Research ✔ @NFLResearch
Players with 300+ pass yards, 4+ passing TD and 0 INT against a Bill Belichick defense:

Drew Brees (2009)
Alex Smith (tonight)
And they play Saints next week in Nawlins..

Shit.. that's uh.. that's concerning for the Pats secondary. (And yet Pats would still make playoffs with 8-8. they would corrupt BG's prophecy..)

crazyprac

Man... Even the Pats haters at work today we're shocked. They were even cheering me up!

"Can't do much with all these new players"
"Brady doesn't have his weapons"
"That coverage just need to get know each other better"
"They will still win the super bowl if they make it"

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom