• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Apparently, this is standard procedure. Johnny Manziel served his 4 game suspension last year even when he wasn't on a team. I think this happens when a player doesn't appeal.
Well, thinking about it more, I guess it does make some sense. No one's going to sign you as an emergency fill in when injuries hit while suspended. It's still a gauranteed time without a paycheck.

AFC
North: Shitsburg
South: Texans
East: Pats
West: Raidas

WC 1 KC
WC 2 Chargers

Baltimore is dead again and there are too many questions on Bungles D for me to pick them.

NFC
North: Packers
South: Falcons
East: Giants (if Zeke were playing, cowboys would be a lock and Run DMC in 2017 is not conducive to success)
West: Hawks

WC 1: Cowboys (Zeke and the Oline carry the way)
WC 2: Bucs

I agree with Atlanta missing the playoffs. They just seem like a prime candidate to get hit with the Super Bowl loser's curse.
Who takes the division from them?

Panthers have questions defensively, Saints defense is still trash (although it has improved), and the Bucs have concerns on the Oline.

I don't see anyone can do it as Dirty Birds still look to be the most well rounded team in the division.

Sephzilla

As a Wisconsin native and Packer fan, I'm having an extremely hard time guessing where the Packers end up. If they play consistently all season like they did the second half of last year they could be a 13 or 14 win team. If Rodgers doesn't come out of the gate on fire though they could be a 9-7 team (and still win the division).

As a Wisconsin native and Packer fan, I'm having an extremely hard time guessing where the Packers end up. If they play consistently all season like they did the second half of last year they could be a 13 or 14 win team. If Rodgers doesn't come out of the gate on fire though they could be a 9-7 team (and still win the division).

Solid troll on the rest of that division, which BTW, is prolly as shit, talent wise as the NFC West (outside the top team I mean).

BajiBoxer

Banned
At least the Rams are pretty much guaranteed one W against the Seahawks. Actually wait, I don't even know if the Rams are guaranteed their one W against the Seahawks now that 7-9 master Jeff Fisher is gone

Speaking of Fisher, I looked up his Wiki page and had to laugh at his career stats

Regular season: 173–165–1 (.512)
Postseason: 5–6 (.455)
Career: 178–171–1 (.510)

This guy was born to be a mediocre coach.

Sounds like a prime candidate for the next Cleveldand Browns coaching search. It's amazing how that Superbowl appearance 20 years ago has sustained his career all this time.

Sephzilla

Sounds like a prime candidate for the next Cleveldand Browns coaching search. It's amazing how that Superbowl appearance 20 years ago has sustained his career all this time.

Jeff Fisher is the Michael Vick of head coaches. Every general manager thinks they know how to magically get the most out of Fisher.

Good night for the Raiders. A Pats loss, and I hate to be that guy, but the injury outcome of Berry doesn't hurt. Would have preferred a Hill injury.

LOL at Bill Simmons putting the Chargers over the Raiders!

dionysus

Yaldog
I am trying not to be Kas here. But the Saints defense looks vastly improved. Preseason results:

Total defense -- third overall (235.5 yards per game)

Scoring defense -- third (10.3 points)

Passing defense -- fourth (161.3 yards)

Rushing defense -- fourth (74.3)

Sacks -- first tied (17)

Pass breakups -- third (29)

Compared to the past 3 years in the preseason where we ranked lower than 29 in pretty much every category which directly translated to being in the bottom 3 defenses in the regular season. Mitigating factors are that we didn't play a good offense all preseason. Even just having a midling defense would enable us to be a good team again.

I guess my prediction is we have a middle of the pack defense and about the same as last year offense. Probably a dropoff in o-line due to injuries, bad TEs, but improved running game and screen game with Kamara and Ginn. Cooks will not be missed.

Sephzilla

I'm in So-Cal and no one cares about the Chargers. TV stations only seem to care about the Rams.

I still don't understand what the Chargers were thinking by moving to LA. The Rams couldn't even sell out games and they had a novelty aspect to them because of the rookie QB and being a former LA team. That should have been a giant red flag to avoid LA

MechDX

I'm in So-Cal and no one cares about the Chargers. TV stations only seem to care about the Rams.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 47s47 seconds ago
More
Dolphins moving operations from Miami to Los Angeles tonight to conduct practice and prep for next week's game vs Chargers, per sources.

Maybe they will care about the Phins.

I still don't understand what the Chargers were thinking by moving to LA. The Rams couldn't even sell out games and they had a novelty aspect to them because of the rookie QB and being a former LA team. That should have been a giant red flag to avoid LA

The one team LA wanted (Raiders) is the one team that isn't ending up there

Vikes will be better then 9-7 this year.

MechDX

Philly fans will get a chuckle out of this:

Josh Innes‏Verified account @JoshInnesShow 56m56 minutes ago
More
Lol. The Texans revoked my credentials. For what? IDK. Just told I had to hand in my pass

I dont know Josh......maybe because you are a pompous troll and not an actual media person?

MechDX

20170907231330.jpg

Tom Brady is not amused

Teddy is back?

No but they got a muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better QB then him. Have the Seahawks upgraded their QB position yet?

7-9 this year at best. they weren't as good as that 8-8 record indicated. Remember when they started 5-0 and everyone had them in the Super Bowl already?

Yes and I also remember their OL totally dying last year which is what lead to them playing poorly. As long as the OL is functional they will be a good team this year. Bradford got an offseason with the team this year, plus just another year of familiarity.

At least the Rams are pretty much guaranteed one W against the Seahawks. Actually wait, I don't even know if the Rams are guaranteed their one W against the Seahawks now that 7-9 master Jeff Fisher is gone

Speaking of Fisher, I looked up his Wiki page and had to laugh at his career stats

Regular season: 173–165–1 (.512)
Postseason: 5–6 (.455)
Career: 178–171–1 (.510)

This guy was born to be a mediocre coach.

Imagine how great two time pro bowler Vince Young would have been if it wasn't for Jeff Fisher and Cheesecake Factory

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

I dont know Josh......maybe because you are a pompous troll and not an actual media person?

seriously, giant douche. Going to go troll him now. i accidentally tuned into him one day because i was listening to the astros the day before and he was literally sitting there trashing every single sports radio 610 host some of which he used to host with. Very immature.

Zeke

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Ds0d1SDIGABbCJVFfisrCjmJXZM=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9201177/20170907231330.jpg[IMG]

Tom Brady is not amused[/QUOTE]
I'm not amused either. I need them ff points tom quit dicking around out there.

this_guy

He's horrible. Sucks that Lance Zierlein decided to take a break. I like listening to Meltzer on 610 on my drive to work but whenever I flip it to listen to whatever 790 has on all I hear is Innes ranting about nonsense or yelling at a caller.

MechDX

He's horrible. Sucks that Lance Zierlein decided to take a break. I like listening to Meltzer on 610 on my drive to work but whenever I flip it to listen to whatever 790 has on all I hear is Innes ranting about nonsense or yelling g at a caller.

Yeah worse than "In the Loop" on 610. I want to rip off my ears when I listen

DMVfan123

Banned
Season Division Predictions
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Tennessee
AFC East: Pats
AFC West: Chiefs
AFC Wild Cards
Raiders
Texans
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Panthers
NFC East: Giants
NFC West: Seattle
NFC Wild Cards
Dallas
Philly

AFC
North: Steelers
South: Titans
East: Pats
West: Chiefs

WC 1 Raiders
WC 2 Browns (8-8!!)

NFC
North: Packers
South: Falcons
East: Giants
West: Hawks

WC 1: Cowboys
WC 2: Bucs

cdyhybrid

No but they got a muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better QB then him. Have the Seahawks upgraded their QB position yet?

Yeah

ESe2wpe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom