• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

nhdUZ9L.png

JABEE

The fact that players and other coaches are the sources are bothersome. Jeff McLane is a good reporter. I'm sure this story will get him ejected from the press box again.

You do get the feeling with Schwartz that the defense is his unit. He's the head coach of the defense.

The game management criticisms ring true as well on Pederson. I'm not sure I can complain about his play-calling necessarily. I would like them to run more, but it was tough to do so when Sproles was their only healthy running back last year.

The drama never sleeps in Philadelphia.

Go get a job.

This is hurtful. My problem is that I won't settle, unlike your fat ass, I have standards in life :(

I've been meditating all night for our Browns

I believe in our Jabrill.

Worked til about 6 am.
Back at other job before 12.
Includes commute, shower, sleep and what I guess constitutes a breakfast (train station coffee).
On a Sunday.

FML.

(Stood on the Rolling Stones stage, at least).

But you're the best.

Ramsiege

Today begins the re-emergence of the Rams into the upper tiers of football teams, like a phoenix rising from the dead ashes of Jeff Fisher's mustache.

please don't lose to the Luckless Colts

I'm glad I get the day off from Army. Probably be one of the few live Seahawks games I'll be able to see. Gotta wake up at 530am tomorrow :'v

effzee

The fact that players and other coaches are the sources are bothersome. Jeff McLane is a good reporter. I'm sure this story will get him ejected from the press box again.

You do get the feeling with Schwartz that the defense is his unit. He's the head coach of the defense.

The game management criticisms ring true as well on Pederson. I'm not sure I can complain about his play-calling necessarily. I would like them to run more, but it was tough to do so when Sproles was their only healthy running back last year.

I'm mixed on this. Originally I wanted a more experienced coach and have never believed the Eagles wanted Pederson as their top choice. They wanted Gase above all.

But with both Lurie and Howie wanting a non confrontational coach who they can control plus someone who mirrors the style of their most successful coach in Reid, they found Pederson.

Lombardi is right that no one wanted Pederson besides the Eagles. He didn't come up for any coaching vacancies nor was he interviewed by anyone else. His qualifications really come down to played in the league, will do what Reid did, and isn't Chip.

Pederson might not last past this season but not because of Schwartz. The whole franchise hinges on the development of Wentz. If he improves and becomes who they think he can be, Pederson stays. If Wentz doesn't or regresses, he will be gone.

But no matter what I don't see Schwartz becoming they HC. Lurie, and much of the league now, want offensive minded head coaches and if Schwartz has similar attitude and personality issues as Chip, no way Lurie would want him. Remember Howie doesn't want to be put on time out again. Until Howie is gone they won't be bringing anyone in who can be larger than the GM. And Schwartz's D really regressed as the season went along itself.

I think the Eagles honestly believe that Pederson is good as long as he and the offensive coaching staff development Wentz and rest will sort itself out.

If somehow Schwartz does become the HC, I'll never get why they didn't hire him as HC in the first place?

Wish they had kept Chip or at least signed Gase and avoided this BS.

Pepiope

This is McLane just trying to stir something up. Coming out with this story the day before the season starts?

squicken

Aside from the massive hurricane, what a wonderful morning. Stay safe Florida friends, gata, and other Pats fans

This is McLane just trying to stir something up. Coming out with this story the day before the season starts?

Lombardi was the guy that started it, and everyone knows he and Schwartz are buddies since their time with belichick in Cleveland. It's only natural to wonder where Lombardi would get some of his information

E: actually the biggest Pederson critic was always YankeeHater

Pepiope

Aside from the massive hurricane, what a wonderful morning. Stay safe Florida friends, gata, and other Pats fans

Lombardi was the guy that started it, and everyone knows he and Schwartz are buddies since their time with belichick in Cleveland. It's only natural to wonder where Lombardi would get some of his information

E: actually the biggest Pederson critic was always YankeeHater
They must not be that close because if true he could be fired. No one is going to bring in a DC who's trying to undermine the HC

Ok so NFL has in someway fucked up the Gamepass in Europe service for much worse,

Earlier it was by far the best way to watch live games and VOD games of any service out there that shows games. You had live games with ad breaks from the american network that shows the game, you had full VoD broadcasts of games with the ads edited out and you had condensed games.

Now they have removed commercials for TNF and SNF games, instead you will just stare at a "be back soon" screen for that entire run of commercials ~2-5 mins wich a very dull viewing experience (MLB.tv). Now they wont edit out the ad breaks on any VoD games at all, not the "be back soon" screen either (WTF WHY).

Now they have only condensed games left. That runs for ~10-15 mins longer.

Oh and video quality was better too.

Pretty bummed out by these dumbass decisions, why make something thats really fucking good - something that's supbar - average at best. Some companies just can't help themselves. Idiots.

Joei

Go Browns! Excited to watch Kizer and Peppers, bummed about Garrett though. I hope Crow has a good game, I homered and picked him up as one of my RBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom