• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks pulling out the classic "sit on the lead and concede a last minute goal against to tie it" game plan.

They could always buy him out and keep him around for $1.5m? Pay him twice, only have the cheaper one hit the cap? Gotta pay someone. But they definitely buy him out. $4.2m is far too much for a bottom 6 dman and someone that's been so inconsistent.

I HOPE they buy him out. Do you think he'd resign with us if we bought him out? I somehow can't imagine that...

CCF23

They could always buy him out and keep him around for $1.5m? Pay him twice, only have the cheaper one hit the cap? Gotta pay someone. But they definitely buy him out. $4.2m is far too much for a bottom 6 dman and someone that's been so inconsistent.

I'm pretty sure the team that buys out a player isn't allowed to sign him right after.

Socreges

Banned
I'm pretty sure the team that buys out a player isn't allowed to sign him right after.
Probably.

Also, fuck these refs. I missed the call on Burrows and it was probably legit, but they've been favouring Minny all game.

hes put on waivers and can be claimed by almost any team
I think they're put on waivers BEFORE they're bought out. But I don't think a free agent, freshly bought out, can go on waivers. I think they're just free to sign with any team (maybe not the team that bought them out).

No, that's what awesome, loyal hockey players do.

I love Joe, he's a great guy and that can't be debated. But I do not believe that he would've been immune to feeling as O'Reilly feels, as Anderson felt by being lowballed into submission. Franchise policy back then was much more willing to shell out the money to keep everyone happy. It is now very clearly a back burner franchise to the Kroenke family, it has slowly become that since 2006-2007 and is in full effect now. Loyalty works just like trust. When one party isn't reciprocating everything falls apart. We have no loyalty in management anymore. If you don't like the number you're assigned then you can walk. That's how it works.

I think the Canucks have played really well; their puck possession in the offensive zone has been great. But they haven't been able to finish.

Kuemper has been excellent.

RC

Banned
No wonder you cakeboss yourself so often, Desi. Take a night off. This is my only day off this week. I'm glad it was such a boring fucking game.

I resent that. I only drink, once, twice, or thrice times a week. I'm not just some drunken rube stumbling around for your enjoyment.

I ain't fighting no union.

Just watched a delayed version of the game. I'm pretty sure my internet is fine here so fuck Gamecenter for not being able to load past 800kbps feed. That's some bullshit.

Crazy call on Saad's goal, that was an awesome shot

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Unfucking believable. We fucking played our hearts out got 5 fucking goals and Clemmensen can't hold that shit down. The best fucking saves were by Kulikov and Campbell not that fucking dumbass. Waive Clemmensen and call up Markstrom. 2 points that dumbfuck cost us.

Ugh. Do we have any good goalies in the minors? Might as well call 'em up and see what happens.

I haven't had the chance to watch O'Reilly, if he weren't an RFA, how much do you think he'd be making?

He wants something like 25m/5 years and while I think he's worth it because of what I've seen I can understand hesitation over the fact that he doesn't have too many years under his belt. I could totally see a team pay him that though and they would be no lesser off for it.

Socreges

Banned
Our backup is slayin' it.
iDjBhlzwCIt4L.gif

Spent too much time on it to not give it more exposure

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He wants something like 25m/5 years and while I think he's worth it because of what I've seen I can understand hesitation over the fact that he doesn't have too many years under his belt. I could totally see a team pay him that though and they would be no lesser off for it.
Bobby Mac says the price is quite steep, so that kind of helps. If they ask for one of Beaulieu / Tinordi, I'd hope Bergevin would say no.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Seems like overpayment considering his production so far, but his stats last year are pretty similar to Plekanec's career average, and he's making $5m. They're both probably relied upon to take the hard matchups too, the difference is Plekanec was coming off a 70 point season.

He should probably take something similar to what Pacioretty got though.

Red_Man

Seems like overpayment considering his production so far, but his stats last year are pretty similar to Plekanec's career average, and he's making $5m. They're both probably relied upon to take the hard matchups too, the difference is Plekanec was coming off a 70 point season.

From what I've read he's suppose to be one of the better defensive centers in the league while putting up those numbers though, and only 22. Having him behind Gally would give us one of the best 1-2 punches at C in the league in a couple years. If they grabbed him, I'd be fine with shipping out Pleks to a contender for a good return tbh.

He puts up those numbers while at the same time being a top 5 defensive center in the league. That's why he's deserving of it, that and his age dictates he's only going to improve.

Red_Man

His team is also currently leading their league.

Honestly, a great gig for a new GM. Lots of good prospects, and 3 first rounders in a great first round draft.

Acid08

Banned
Can Minnesota fucking implode already? Fuck that team.

Good for Columbus too, Howson was just a drooling baby in a man suit.

Socreges

Banned
If Fasth keeps this up, what kind of contract does he ask for? $1.5-$2m for one more year with Anaheim to prove himself and then look to get paid on the open market (or make Hiller expendable when his contract's up)? Or does he hold out and see if some team is willing to commit more to a goalie that may or may not be elite?

He could actually make Luongo harder to move.

Socreges

Banned
Devan Dubnyk, first overall in our hearts.

[edit] Never realized that Schneider and Dubnyk were drafted together. Schneider 26th, Dubnyk 14th. They both took a long damn time to make it.

CCF23

Devan Dubnyk, first overall in our hearts.

[edit] Never realized that Schneider and Dubnyk were drafted together. Schneider 26th, Dubnyk 14th. They both took a long damn time to make it.

Schneider was probably ready a couple years ago, to be fair, but the extra time behind Luongo couldn't have hurt.

This is the new, "Everyone wants to be a Leaf" isn't it?

If Fasth keeps this up, what kind of contract does he ask for? $1.5-$2m for one more year with Anaheim to prove himself and then look to get paid on the open market (or make Hiller expendable when his contract's up)? Or does he hold out and see if some team is willing to commit more to a goalie that may or may not be elite?

He could actually make Luongo harder to move.

Eugh, we're really discussing this huh?

Top Bottom