• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Call up connolly, he's been ripping it up in the A with 5 pts in 9 games!

We dont have current goal scoring depth :(

All our forward prospects arent ready yet for the nhl. Colborne is probably the closest but he has to be able to keep up his current pace for the rest in the A to show he can play at a higher level.

Just call up a good ole' Torana boy. He'll play better than his skill level because he's playing for his hometown team.

I'm a bit surprised at how bad Minnesota is. Don't they have one of the deepest prospect pools in the league? I guess it's the lack of production from the vets that's killing them. 0 goals from Suter, 0 points in 8 games for Heatley.

Also, $5M/25 isn't that bad for O'Reilly. Centres are pretty valuable in the league, and it's not like the Avs don't have the room for him.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm a bit surprised at how bad Minnesota is. Don't they have one of the deepest prospect pools in the league? I guess it's the lack of production from the vets that's killing them. 0 goals from Suter, 0 points in 8 games for Heatley.

They do have a deep prospect pool. Problem is, a lot of them aren't ready. Give the Wild a year or two and I think they'll be significantly better.

With Suter, his career high is 8 goals. Him not having a goal so far isn't really anything to worry about.

Curufinwe

I'm glad the Flyers missed out on him. It's no wonder there was a lockout that lead to term limits after all the stupid contracts teams were offering last summer.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hence me saying I hope the Wild continue to struggle and never get the best out of their players. Management is full of scumbags offering contracts they never really wanted to pay.

If players actually wanted to go to San Jose, the Sharks would have done the same thing.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Why, what's wrong with him?

Would love to see him in teal.

guy can't score, play defense, or stay on his feet. He's not terrible, but reading the Isles beat reporters and especially the most popular blogs, you'd think he's one of the biggest busts ever.

He hustles sometimes, but doesn't make plays on either side of the ice. He also tends to start dogging it for a few games at a time when he gets frustrated.

Quick

Banned
If players actually wanted to go to San Jose, the Sharks would have done the same thing.

Truth.

I don't believe Minnesota to be an attractive place, unless you have players that lived in and around the state. Suter and Parise still managed to get their huge paydays regardless of being able to play for their local team, so it's not necessarily concrete that hometown guys accept hometown discounts.

Curufinwe

Just wait till Saturday night.

Proud to say I was in the camp saying Suter would drop off big time without Weber, not vise versa.

Well, Weber only has one point this season. I'm sure he's still defending well, but for $14 million you'd expect a bit more than an assist with quarter of the season gone.

Quick

Banned
We could hit 20K posts in the shortest month of the year.

So.

Much.

SALT.

iQNnqW5g0y2G9.gif

Maybe you're right. Why sign two of the best players in the game when you can stick with the same bunch of choking pussies that you already have?

iDYLvmbjz6ygu.gif

Acid08

Banned
Maybe you're right. Why sign two of the best players in the game when you can stick with the same bunch of choking pussies that you already have?
Haha what's wrong Marvie, you seem upset.

Yeah Suter and Parise would make them better but not for that kind of money, crippling us going forward. What's with your hard on for Minny?

gaming_noob

@JoshRimerHockey: Been told that AVS GM Greg Sherman has been contacting by Maple Leafs regarding Ryan O'Reilly. But let's be honest so have a dozen others.

A second line Center coming to the Leafs would make Grabovski redundant...

Quick

Banned

Grabo's been invisible lately. I wouldn't mind seeing some competition for the 2nd line centre spot. I can't imagine Nonis messing up chemistry right now by trading anybody other than any one of the usual scratches, though.

Acid08

Banned
The game of salt.

When you play the game of salt, you either win or back out. There is no middle ground.
Well I'll happily let Marvie win at being salty. He's just too good at it, even when his team is the best in the league he's a salty baby about it.

Awaiting typical Marvie "fucking fuck you cunt salt retard fuck CHOKER CUNT FUCK PUSSY BICKELL" response.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
O'Reilly for Grabs straight up? I wouldn't. Theatrics and bites aside (to be fair, he bit a Habs player) Grabs has been one of the better goal scoring centers in the league. Of course he's not Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos, but his numbers are surprisingly good.

Top Bottom