• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The 4th Period said:
Teams like BUF & TOR are pushing hard for O'Reilly, but the price is high, as many have stated. Top-6 F, top prospect as part of package
Kadri, Gardiner + pick

His previous tweet:

O'Reilly 'sweepstakes' are picking up, plenty of interest from the likes of TOR, BUF, PHI, NYI and others, but still nothing seems imminent

Red_Man

Sounds like way too much, but young centres with potential don't hit the market often so it's going to be a bidding war.

Everyone thought we overpaid for Turris(and I think we did), but the trade seems like pure win right now.
I'm just assuming that's something what Colorado would be asking for. I think in the end they get a lot less, they don't have as much bargaining power with holding out on him, and O'Rielly clearly wanting out.

I'm just assuming that's something what Colorado would be asking for. I think in the end they get a lot less, they don't have as much bargaining power with holding out on him, and O'Rielly clearly wanting out.

You really think so ? (btw TSN reported the same asking price)

If there is that much interest someone will pay up. It really comes down to which team can afford to pay.

Turris was seen as a borderline bust at best and there were 5 teams in the running at the end and PHX got a top prospect and a 2nd rounder in the end.

O"Reilly is coming off a great season and many teams are desperate for centres, especially young ones who are still RFAs.

Shocked at Philly's interest, don't they have enough forwards/centres. Seems Holmgren just wants to be in on any deal.

Red_Man

Thought to be fair, ROR would probably instantly become their best d-man too.
nw2Cg.gif

@Kernel I get there will be a big bidding war, but every GM is aware of the situation and that Av's lack the leverage in this deal. Unless a really desperate team comes out and blows Colorado out of the water, I think they'll settle for a deal similar to what Columbus accepted for Nash.

@Kernel I get there will be a big bidding war, but every GM is aware of the situation and that Av's lack the leverage in this deal. Unless a really desperate team comes out and blows Colorado out of the water, I think they'll settle for a deal similar to what Columbus accepted for Nash.

Ah yes you're right, although Nash had an NMC(and was pretty much set on NYR only) so I don't think this will be that bad. There always seems to be a desperate team or two if a GMs job is on the line somewhere.

It's definitely an over payment for a player who had 1 good year and wants more money/term than most teams are willing to pay.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If you get re-injured Kesler, than you're back to square one. :p

Still better than the Red Wings.

I hope he's not coming back too early... I hope they timed Malhotra/Kesler so that Malhotra would end it once Kesler is fully back, and it's not forced

CCF23

We're 8-2-2 without Kesler and Booth. So I think even if we get 2012 Kesler, we'll be OK.

Not really, because regardless of how Kesler is playing AV feeds him tons of minutes. If he struggles, it's a problem.

Also, 12 games. 12. Games.

Cactus

Banned
I'd give up Gardiner in a deal for O'Rielly, but definitely not Gardiner and Kadri. Trading Kadri for anything is a big risk right now, IMO, so I'd prefer to trade other, more redundant assets.

Tabris

So what yer saying is we should just give the Hawks the Stanley cup now. Gotcha.

Marvie, rev, and all of hawks Gaf, congrats!

Hey, we should know intimately well, that #1 doesn't mean much in the playoffs. Especially when things go wrong just before.

I wouldn't be too worried if Kesler struggles to start. But he'll need to get better come playoff time.

I just hope AV doesn't overuse him. Putting him on the PP, PK, and second-line minutes is a lot of responsibility and ice time.

Top Bottom