• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Let the Leafs enjoy their great season, maybe the rivalry will return because its been a joke for years.
At least we're letting our prospects play and develop in the NHL, this will pay off down the road.

Cake Boss

Banned
How would I know I was watching the Leafs if we ended the season with a good draft pick or a playoff spot?

:lol

"@BobbyBKelly: Carlyle's just ruffling feathers here. Him, a week ago, on Ottawa's injuries: " we have our fair share, but they've got an abnormal amount""

:lol indeed.

Cant wait for some AHL ass wopping.

Solo

untitled1ypoc.jpg

The "top team in each division gets one of the first three playoff spots" rule is as fucking ludicrous as ever.

LOL Carolina.

Cagey

Banned
Ovechkin taking a massive shit on Hedberg. Yikes.

untitled1ypoc.jpg

The "top team in each division gets one of the first three playoff spots" rule is as fucking ludicrous as ever.

LOL Carolina.

Take a look at last year, too. The top 4 teams were in the Atlantic Division (Boston admittedly tied for fourth). Southeast? Doing it for the lulz. 2 points better than the 7 seed, and a full 8 behind 6th.

YH3oCui.png

If there's realignment to two divisions in each conference, whatever Atlantic Division teams wind up with the most Southeast squads are the clear winners.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
untitled1ypoc.jpg

LOL Carolina.

As it is now I think the NBA came up with the best rule for this:

The top four seeds will be the three division winners plus the team with the next best record. Those four will be ordered by record (and tiebreakers if needed), so it's possible that two teams in the same division could hold the top two spots, with the other two division winners at Nos. 3 and 4.

Still gives the division winner in the weakest division home ice but doesn't punish the second place team in the best division.

Versteeg said to be very close, was doing an intensive workout with coaches before practice. Finally some good news from him.

Still no word on Sunday's starter. I think Theo but I would prefer Markstrom.

Tabris

MONTREAL IS FIRST IN THE EAST?!?!

Woah. I gotta start paying attention to games out in the East. That's insane. Last time I had watched the Habs play, they got spanked 6-0 by Toronto. Good on em.

As it is now I think the NBA came up with the best rule for this:

Still gives the division winner in the weakest division home ice but doesn't punish the second place team in the best division.

I like this a lot, but I guess it won't really matter with realignment looming.

As it stands now, we've more or less fucked ourselves out of competition with Chicago for Central, so the best we can hope for is 4th regardless of how Vancouver and Anaheim do.

Tabris

I like this a lot, but I guess it won't really matter with realignment looming.

As it stands now, we've more or less fucked ourselves out of competition with Chicago for Central, so the best we can hope for is 4th regardless of how Vancouver and Anaheim do.

There's still 30+ games to be played. Nothing is set in stone. I mean there is the small chance Chicago doesn't make the playoffs. Injuries and team momentum can change everything.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I take the route of expecting the very best and being absolutely devastated when it doesn't happen.

As a Canucks fan, and as a part of NHL-GAF, I HOPE they make the playoffs.

a) They're a good team, and playoffs should be for good teams
b) We didn't have a Chicago-Vancouver series last year, and it should become tradition, really
c) Chicago-Vancouver games are always (not the first one this season, sadly) crazy entertaining
d) ALL THAT SALT

calder

Foiled by an inept PK and inability to hold a lead in the third again. And the bad ice in Philly gets an assist for preventing a late tying goal. Still, 2 and 1 on the road trip to start is better than I would have expected.

And shit you know a game is early, or you're getting old, when you sleep in a bit and miss two periods.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Foiled by an inept PK and inability to hold a lead in the third again. And the bad ice in Philly gets an assist for preventing a late tying goal. Still, 2 and 1 on the road trip to start is better than I would have expected.

And shit you know a game is early, or you're getting old, when you sleep in a bit and miss two periods.

Oh wow, just saw that. from 3-1 to 3-4 with 3 PPG's, ouch.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
After yesterday/today, the Bruins only have one more two-day break between games for the rest of the season. This schedule sucks.

Fei

A Buffalo loss and a BJs win would put us in position for the #1 pick. And I would only have to watch 30 more games of this team being awful for MacKinnon. Hmm..

In other news, I think Ville Leino basically called out Pominville for being a soft captain today:

"It’s pro hockey and we’ve got to demand more out of coaches, players and out of everybody. One of the things here I’ve noticed just being here over a year is we’ve got to have higher demands, higher priorities on the games and working better, keeping each other accountable here.

"It’s not always a happy family. You’ve got to have some controversy, some guys pushing each other. It’s not all smiles and happy and be nice – because nice guys usually finish last."

Top Bottom