• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Quick

Banned
What the heck. You guys all closet flames fans? ;)

I've always liked the Flames, but nothing past "they're alright".

The Saddledome has a cool building design, too.

lol whatever helps you sleep at night.

I forgot that winning the Cup only counts if you win it within a specific criteria that you deem fit to make your argument attempt to make more sense.

And those 3 years we have on you truly is SUCH a longer time period you're right. Not our fault Vancouver wasn't thought of as big or even good enough to be in the NHL at the time.

Spitting hot truth. Kave Man showing leadership.

ZackSmithLunge.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lol whatever helps you sleep at night.

I forgot that winning the Cup only counts if you win it within a specific criteria that you deem fit to make your argument attempt to make more sense.

And those 3 years we have on you truly is SUCH a longer time period you're right. Not our fault Vancouver wasn't thought of as big or even good enough to be in the NHL at the time.

So uh.... Leafs fan makes fun of Habs fan with "6-0", I point out that Leafs haven't won against us in 9 years, Leafs fan says "no cups in 40 years" (ha), I say that's not what it's about and that was a different league, Leafs fan makes fun of less cups.... Now think back: It started with Leafs fan making fun of Montreal. I wonder who of those 2 teams has more cups... mhmmm

I was just responding to Leafs fans trying to suddenly be all "we're GOOD this season".

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
preds shutout in back to back games. drops them to an average of 1.94 goals per game! 5th time they've been shutout in 19 games

Canes have lost three straight games and looked like utter shit in all of them. Tonight was Ellis's turn in net and he looked a lot like Ward (i.e., like shit).

Injuries aren't helping. Three d-men (Pits, Gleason and McBain) and of course Skinner with yet another concussion (as talented as the kid is, he's a bit spastic with his skating and tends to turn at the wrong time or fall/flail on the ice).

This team needs the Staal brothers to show up on Long Island tomorrow night in a big way and get this reined back in.

Alucard

Banned
Let's do, "What was your first live NHL game?"

Mine was Pens vs. Leafs at Maple Leaf Gardens...maybe in 1995/96? (could have been '94 for all my I remember) It was 5-0 Pens. Jagr came out in a suit because he was injured, and I remember Stu Barnes going top shelf on Cujo, as well as super loud "Tommy! Tommy!" chants for Barrasso.

Stasis

Gotta think this must be rock bottom right here. Nowhere to go but up.

Mac Truck and Girardi injured. Now instead of losing games 3-0, or 2-1 we'll lose them 5-0 and 4-1. The only thing that somewhat kept us alive was solid D and goal-tending.

A D corps of Staal, Stralman, MDZ (when he gets back...), Gilroy, Bickel and Eminger? Nowhere to go but down.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

Mine was Pens vs. Leafs at Maple Leaf Gardens...maybe in 1995/96? (could have been '94 for all my I remember) It was 5-0 Pens. Jagr came out in a suit because he was injured, and I remember Stu Barnes going top shelf on Cujo, as well as super loud "Tommy! Tommy!" chants for Barrasso.
It was a Bruins-Sabres first-round playoff game in 1992. I really don't remember much about it, but it was awesome (the B's won).

zedge

Don't recall who the first game was vs, but it was the Flames first season in Calgary. 1980 at the corral. One of many as cliff Fletcher was one of my dads customers. We sat with with his wife "boots", her nick name. Even sat a game in the press box. Also got to go in the dressing room more than once. I was 9 at the time. Too bad I didn't give a crap about hockey then. Had a few sticks signed by by pretty much every flame, lost all of them. :(

I still have a pen and wooden block holder from 1980? all star game in St Louis that Cliff gave me.

Ok 1980 was not St Louis. Need to dig this thing out. Could have been one in Calgary, 84 maybe.

SummitAve

Banned

In my first live NHL game Gaborik scored 5 goals. Tickets are pretty expensive here so I don't get to go as much as I'd like.

Lightning at Panthers 1-1-2000
Such an amazing game too. Bure got 4 goals and Mellanby got into a scrap. It was something else, as soon as Bure touched the the puck people got out of their seats.

May 9th 1997, Philadelphia's only loss to the Sabers in the second round. I was crushed when they lost (think it might've been in OT.)

My dad had won tickets from work. The playoff atmosphere and getting to see Lindros play in person got me locked into hockey.

RC

Banned
The first NHL game I saw in person was in 2004, Vancouver vs. Phoneix.
It was the beginning of April and the Canucks were on a bit of a losing streak after Bertuzzi had been suspended. Thankfully the Coyotes lack of defense helped our forwards break out of their scoring slump. We ended up winning 6-1. Although Cloutier did let in a softy with about 5 minutes to go.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The first game that I went to was some Devils game in the late 80s. Honestly my only recollection of it was a stick they gave out at the game with red and green on it.

The first game I went to that I actually distinctly remember was November 5, 1991, a 3-3 tie between the Winnipeg Jets and Vancouver Canucks. That was also Pavel Bure's first game in the NHL.

Top Bottom