• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the league breaks their "promise" what are the Wings going to do? Cry?

I highly doubt Tampa and Florida are going to want to give up the potential games with Toronto, Boston, Montreal, etc. to go into a division where the only "big" team is Chicago. Having Detroit come to town multiple times is a big draw for some teams and this league is all about money. Nashville and Dallas aren't going to like it either.

I understand you guys are afraid of Chicago and want to run away but I'll be happy when your cowardly plan backfires when the new Dead Wings era begins.

Your brother is hilarious. :lol

:lol

It's not about what Detroit will do. Obviously they can't do anything. With the league and players working on this together, it's clear some owners have to be in favor of this. If not, it won't pass.

At this point I think the league wants 4 divisions of parity and those divisions look pretty good for that, especially with Detroit plummeting in ability. Do I want them in the same division as Chicago right now? No, of course not. Chicago is going to be good for years. Holland has stuck with what worked 5 years ago and didn't build for the future.

I think it's obvious that your objection to this comes from the fact that you said it wouldn't happen. It's ok. We aren't right 100% of the time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
pacioretty hearing today
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=657150&navid=nhl:topheads
dont think it should be a suspension
He led with his elbow to the head, leapt several inches off the ice, and McDonagh was injured with a likely concussion on the play. That's a pretty easy suspension call to make.

Doesn't help the Rangers any, though. And the bigger concern is that nobody stood up for McDonagh in the game either. Last year Prust would have taken care of it. This year there's nobody. There's no reason for opponents to fear this team.

Marvie_3

Banned
:lol

It's not about what Detroit will do. Obviously they can't do anything. With the league and players working on this together, it's clear some owners have to be in favor of this. If not, it won't pass.

At this point I think the league wants 4 divisions of parity and those divisions look pretty good for that, especially with Detroit plummeting in ability. Do I want them in the same division as Chicago right now? No, of course not. Chicago is going to be good for years. Holland has stuck with what worked 5 years ago and didn't build for the future.

I think it's obvious that your objection to this comes from the fact that you said it wouldn't happen. It's ok. We aren't right 100% of the time.
:lol Chicago's division is easily the worst if that happens.

Cake Boss

Banned
He's mad LeafsTV didn't sacklather Method for the hipcheck, but instead complimented Kadri for "nearly getting to the net".

Yeah.

What he said.

When kadri layed out Obrien, Hughson sounded like a women in labor.

And that last second goal, he let it slip with 'thats one point we arent getting back' paraphrasing.

Nothing we didnt know before but yeah CBC is essentially LeafsTV, gotta get those ratings I guess.

Montresor

What he said.

When kadri layed out Obrien, Hughson sounded like a women in labor.

And that last second goal, he let it slip with 'thats one point we arent getting back' paraphrasing.

Nothing we didnt know before but yeah CBC is essentially LeafsTV, gotta get those ratings I guess.

This line made me laugh. :lol

Weiss just gets blown by and says, "fuck it, line change." Unbelievable, Weiss is one of the stalwarts of this org but if his play comes to this I say get rid of him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wouldn't they be the more dangerous ones? Since they've survived the longest and have been hardened by the city.

You're onto something here.

Maybe insurance costs for Canucks players would be too high at night? Do hosts get held accountable for visiting teams?

Top Bottom