• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Heretic

A win against the Caps always feels good. I really wonder what happened to Ovechkin, though. Some guesses:

-got too rich, too famous, too fast and felt he could cruise on his schtick for life
-nobody has actually sat down with him to address his lack of evolution as a player
-became complacent after getting his millions
-is actually quite sensitive and all of the "what happened to Ovechkin" stuff has shaken his self confidence and esteem
-cares less and less as he sees the Caps moving backwards instead of forwards...he doesn't feel he has to change; it's the Caps who have to change

Just some random theories. Thoughts?

Teams figured out how to defend him?

Alucard

Banned
Teams figured out how to defend him?

Yeah, that's where the "nobody has sat down to talk about his lack of evolution as a player" argument comes in. Somebody on that coaching staff MUST see that opponents know how to stop Ovechkin, and they need to coach him to adapt to this.

rellix

A win against the Caps always feels good. I really wonder what happened to Ovechkin, though. Some guesses:

-got too rich, too famous, too fast and felt he could cruise on his schtick for life
-nobody has actually sat down with him to address his lack of evolution as a player
-became complacent after getting his millions
-is actually quite sensitive and all of the "what happened to Ovechkin" stuff has shaken his self confidence and esteem
-cares less and less as he sees the Caps moving backwards instead of forwards...he doesn't feel he has to change; it's the Caps who have to change

Just some random theories. Thoughts?

no thanks

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
A least one if not two penalties coming for MTL for sure.

Acid08

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511493

"On Tuesday, I'm taping a show dedicated to how GAFfers are (mostly) smart and are (mostly) assholes."

Sounds about right. This gun be gud.

iAPGpo4H10r01.gif

Top Bottom