• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Sid Seixeiro ‏@Sid_Seixeiro

Phil Kessel scored a goal. Quick, somebody at MLSE give him 30 million over five years. #leafs #kessel

You just want to see a shot of his sister again. You sick, sick, man.

LEGAL IN CANADA BRAH

i66wrGyEWyvjP.gif

pringles

Mrazek has got to stay on the team as long as Gustavsson is out. Kid looked good, though he didn't face a ton of difficult shots.

Nice game by Detroit overall. Solid defense, got scoring from a couple of different lines, didn't stop playing after they got the lead.

Now build on this shit instead of playing terribly next game.

Mrazek has got to stay on the team as long as Gustavsson is out. Kid looked good, though he didn't face a ton of difficult shots.

Nice game by Detroit overall. Solid defense, got scoring from a couple of different lines, didn't stop playing after they got the lead.

You know they can't do that, OK, maybe for one game max then they go back to sucking, it's just the way this team works. SO PROVE ME WRONG WINGS!!!

Canes vs. Sens was such an awesome game. Sens were completely pounding it from the get-go. Ward played a helluva game and kept the Canes in it, and some scrappy plays got them tied. OT goal was literally another scrappy one.

By the way, Karlsson is fucking amazing. Am envious, Sens-GAF.

Feels good to be over .500 finally.

calder

Bwahahaha what an amazing loss. If the Jets wanted to make sure no one in Winnipeg was confused by their good play to start the year don't worry guys, message received: you're a bad bad team. Time to start daydreaming of a lottery pick!

And hat tip to Shaw, I was blaming Gamecenter for being a POS and constantly kicking me out in the second period but I guess it was in fact Shaw. I moved to the PS3 and watched about 5 minutes of the game - I missed the Clitsome go ahead goal but was there to watch the tying and winning goals for the Leafs, and about 1 minute after Kessel scored my internet went down entirely and I missed the rest of the game in an impotent rage refreshing the Score app on my ancient blackberry. Cherry on the fucking top, internet is restored in time to see the game is over.

I got a call tonight from my brother who had an extra ticket for the game, but it was after 6pm when he got a hold of me and I was still on my way home from work so I didn't go. Thank fucking Christ I didn't spend $100 on that fucking travesty.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Probably their most complete game of the year. Great game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Detroit played some guys under 30 and won.

What a weird concept.

Edit: where the fuck is NYQUIST!!!

"Ripening" in Grand Rapids, according to Ken Holland, while overpaid aging players plague our team.

pringles

No, he needs to stay even when Gustavsson is healthy. Do not let the 'Monster' play.

You haven't seen what I've seen...

cupcake-dog-war-flashbacks.gif
lol yeah that's what I'd like, but we all know that's not gonna happen. But what would really kill me is if Joey Macdonald takes Mrazek's place... ugh.

Detroit played some guys under 30 and won.

What a weird concept.

Edit: where the fuck is NYQUIST!!!
Tatar has looked better than Nyquist in their callups this season. I want Nyquist up too but it's not gonna happen unless we get hit by injuries in the top 6.

calder

Coach Noel is, even for him, not really happy in this press conference. Asked about the Ponikarovsky penalty "what do you want me to say? Huh? What do you want me to say? No comment."

*nods*

Erdrick

Bwahahaha what an amazing loss. If the Jets wanted to make sure no one in Winnipeg was confused by their good play to start the year don't worry guys, message received: you're a bad bad team. Time to start daydreaming of a lottery pick!

And hat tip to Shaw, I was blaming Gamecenter for being a POS and constantly kicking me out in the second period but I guess it was in fact Shaw. I moved to the PS3 and watched about 5 minutes of the game - I missed the Clitsome go ahead goal but was there to watch the tying and winning goals for the Leafs, and about 1 minute after Kessel scored my internet went down entirely and I missed the rest of the game in an impotent rage refreshing the Score app on my ancient blackberry. Cherry on the fucking top, internet is restored in time to see the game is over.

I got a call tonight from my brother who had an extra ticket for the game, but it was after 6pm when he got a hold of me and I was still on my way home from work so I didn't go. Thank fucking Christ I didn't spend $100 on that fucking travesty.

I paid $70 each for 2' 300-level tickets to the Panthers game on Tuesday. Was a pretty bad game, and while they won, it was not a confidence builder for me. I don't know what to make of this team. I knew this would be an issue and there would be struggles. But is the team THAT dependent on Byfuglien? We need a LOT of work on our special teams and again, I have not been too impressed with the goaltending during the past few games. Still so much work to do still to make this a better team.

Coach Noel is, even for him, not really happy in this press conference. Asked about the Ponikarovsky penalty "what do you want me to say? Huh? What do you want me to say? No comment."

*nods*

Dammit, in my disgust at the game's final result, I forgot about the press conference. I'll have to check it out on the Jets' site.

Lets hope they get some actual consistency and can build on getting a lead and actually holding it for once, come Saturday in Ottawa. Not holding my breath though...

Top Bottom